1,000,000 Coins my way

Elmore1

Due to people sending me messages accusing me of modding, I have decided to reveal the exploit I used to get to the top of the leaderboards and get 999,999 coins in about five minutes. Aren't you guys the lucky dogs? :) Furthermore if anybody has any questions send them to my gamertag: Elmore1.

If you can't remember that then just look at the top of Yaris's leaderboards to see me and my friend.

NOTE: This method requires two people.

Step 1:Get into a ranked game with your buddy and choose the last track.

Step 2: Go through the track until the City Transformer appears (Do not kill him/ shoot him/ shoot the little enemy guys.)

Step 3: Make sure both cars have the yellow aura so that money flies out of your opponent.

Step 4: Here is the complex kicker, you both need to get stuck on the same spiral area of the track. It doesn't matter which one. As far as my experience goes, this can be accomplished by decelerating while moving to the right on the spiral. This may take a couple of tries.

Step 5: Once you are both stuck in the exact same spot on the spiral and have the yellow aura equipped, then both peoples' money and points will sky-rocket to 999,999. But don't stay there too long or else your money will start to go down a slight bit.

Step 6: Finish the race and enjoy your achievement.

If anybody gets use of this, be grateful me and Dead Rez decided to go back on Yaris last year to screw around and discovered this. I don't want anymore messages accusing me of modding.

Edited by Elmore1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you guys are welcome, all I want in return is no more messages calling me and my friend modders and cheaters.

My friend Dead Rez and I found this exploit (it is technically not a glitch) by screwing around and making fun of Yaris while doing it. My friend got stuck on the spiral (on purpose) and I got stuck in the same spot. The idea was that we would just sit there and watch the City Transformer go by shooting at nothing. But we inadvertently activated the yellow aura. So our coins skyrocketed to 999,999.

If we didn't go back on Yaris to make fun of it, then we would all have had a lot more grinding to do.

Makes you wonder if there are any other things like this on older games (Tiberium War's No Life anyone?).

Edited by Elmore1

What is a "yellow aura", and how do I get it?

EDIT:

Under "help and options", go to "how to play", and scroll to the right for "auras".

Auras only apply in multiplayer.

In multiplayer, press the "Y" button to activate the yellow aura.

EDIT:

Ok, the aura seems available for a limited amount of time. If the aura time runs out, how do I get it back? Does it have something to do with the yellow icons on the mini map?

EDIT:

The yellow aura will appear when Player 1 and Player 2 are nearby.

Edited by XP1

I could only find this video on someone who is stuck:

[ame=

]YouTube - Xbox 360 Free XBLA Yaris Bug on Last Tracks[/ame]

URI:

However, I keep trying, but I can't get stuck.

When I decelerate onto the right wall of the spiral, my car just slows down to 20-30 mph but doesn't get stuck because it just slides against the wall.

What is the technique? How do I get stuck?

1. Should I speed up and then decelerate into the right wall?
  2. Before the spiral, should I move onto the left wall and then within the spiral, immediately turn to hit the right wall?
  3. What section of the spiral's right wall are you supposed to hit? Are you supposed to hit the empty gap on the rightmost side, somewhere in the middle of the right wall, or the left edge of the right wall?
  4. At what point within spiral should the car hit: towards the beginning, middle, or end of the spiral?

See, this is tricky, and this needs more clarification.

Edited by XP1

I've had a few people message me saying they've been having trouble pulling this off. This is how it seemed to work when I did it:

1. Getting Stuck - There are at least three parts of the spiral that you can get stuck in. First of all, stay on the right side only. Go as slow as possible and when the spiral is coming up move close to the right side. When it works you should get "sucked into" the spot just at the very beginning of the spiral, almost like a magnet. Immediately let go of the analog stick.

If you miss the beginning of the spiral there are 2 more spots in each spiral where you can get stuck. You'll be able to tell where they are because there will be a very small gap in the white wall. Use the same technique. Go as slow as possible then move close to the wall. When it works it should suck you right in, then immediately let go of the analog stick.

I've found that pressing right the whole time and rubbing up against the wall didn't work too well. I tended to just bounce out. You can take as long as you need. The track will keep looping and there's no way to die.

2. Getting stuck in the same spot - When you've pulled it off successfully you'll see the other guy's car zoom past, then return to the stuck spot, then zoom past over and over. The cars don't just sit on top of each other.

If someone is having a very hard time with getting stuck at all, just have him keep trying and once he's able to do it just once successfully leave him there. If you pass him just put the hammer down, hit the boost pads and try again on another lap. Just keep trying, and practice getting stuck a bit in the other spiral on the way back around the track (there are two spirals on Level 8).

You can have one player get stuck even before the boss shows up. Just leave him in the stuck spot as the other player completes laps and makes the boss spawn.

3. Yellow Aura - Once you are both stuck in the same spot have both players hit the Y button to activate their yellow aura. Let the coins pile up to 999,999 then hit A to turn the yellow aura off. It's probably safest to leave one player in the stuck spot and have the other player kill the boss. If you get killed while going after the boss you will lose a ton of coins so it's best to at least make sure one player keeps his 999,999.

For the yellow aura to work YOU NEED TO AT LEAST HAVE A FEW COINS. Don't turn it on early because it depletes your coins. Only activate it once you're both stuck together.

Edited by Jerkkhammer

Getting stuck is most easily done my holding your car steady at the top of the wall on the right, rather than bouncing up and down. Practice holding your car above the stripe without bouncing. Then just do the same on a spiral part.

OR

When approaching the spiral, simply don't turn to follow the curve. Instead, point your car directly at the little gap in the rail and let it drive into it.

This is MUCH easier if you're the guy in 2nd place with nothing shooting at you.

There is also an alternate place to get stuck on the LEFT side, just before a hard right bank where the left wall becomes the floor. Just before that turn, there is an area of open space on your left. There is an invisible wall at the beginning of that open space that will stop your car and get you stuck.

Edited by FtMyersGamer

I have gotten it!

I have been using the wrong car all along and the wrong wheel upgrade. It is impossible to do it with the 3-Door Liftback (first selection) with 15 inch aluminum wheels (third selection).

Use this slower car:

Model: 4-Door S Sedan (third selection)

Wheels: Sedan 14 inch steel (first selection)

Note: Upgrading the wheels will make it a bit harder to get stuck on the wall.

The area where the car is supposed to be stuck is the very left edge of the wall on the right side.

You must move your left analog stick in the east or southeast direction. Move east towards the stuck area, and if necessary, move south for decelerating.

Otherwise, if you don't lean your left analog stick east, your car will just skip past the left edge of the wall.

If you touch the curve while your left analog stick is in the east or southeast direction, the car will bounce left, away from the wall! This will prevent you from getting stuck.

The technique is to let the car slide against the wall of the spiral with no bouncing, and then when you reach the left edge, immediately move your left analog stick and immediately let go once you get stuck.

Practice first in single player because you can die quickly (within 30 to 50 seconds) and try again.

Practicing the Wall Stuck Bug / Glitch in Single Player:

[ame=

]YouTube - Track 8 - Wall Stuck Single-player Practice (Leader of the Pack Achievement) - Yaris (Xbox 360)[/ame]

URI:

Performing the Coin Bug / Glitch in Ranked Multiplayer:

[ame=

]YouTube - Wall Stuck, Easy Coins Bug / Glitch Part 1 of 2 (Leader of the Pack Achievement) - Yaris (Xbox 360)[/ame]

URI:

[ame=

]YouTube - Wall Stuck, Easy Coins Bug / Glitch Part 2 of 2 (Leader of the Pack Achievement) - Yaris (Xbox 360)[/ame]

URI:

I'm 17th on the multiplayer ranked leaderboard.

Not to split hairs, my fellow exploitees, but the (in the most recent guy's post)

first video doesn't show the exploit correctly. The way Dead Rez and I did it originally was with our cars stuck in the exact same spot. Anyways, whatever is easier for you guys.

I have also noticed that a lot of people have had a hard time getting stuck, I appreciate the other posters here experimenting and elaborating the process ( saved me a bit of work.). Some of the stuff you guys found out I didn't even know, when the exploit was discovered we were in shock too much for experimentation on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks again elaborators.

Not to split hairs, my fellow exploitees, but the (in the most recent guy's post)

first video doesn't show the exploit correctly.

You mean this one?

YouTube - Track 8 - Wall Stuck Single-player Practice (Leader of the Pack Achievement) - Yaris (Xbox 360)

URI:

That video does not demonstrate the exploit in multiplayer. It simply demonstrates that you can practice the getting stuck glitch in single player and then people can actually have experience to perform the glitch in multiplayer.

This isn't working for myself & 2 other ppl, we get stuck & do everything right w/ the 999,999 coins then when 1 of us jumps off & shoots the boss an error message pops up saying something like:

System error, Halt! Hash error has caused inventory to not allocate.

The person that gets that message has their system freeze causing the game to end due to insufficient players.

This has happened twice.

This isn't working for myself & 2 other ppl, we get stuck & do everything right w/ the 999,999 coins then when 1 of us jumps off & shoots the boss an error message pops up saying something like:

System error, Halt! Hash error has caused inventory to not allocate.

The person that gets that message has their system freeze causing the game to end due to insufficient players.

This has happened twice.

Hash error means that there is some kind of mismatch. Either the other player or the game server is reporting a different hash than yours.

How long did a single game last? Maybe you are playing the game too long? Try getting stuck and ending the game in under 30 minutes.

Maybe you are too far behind? Try to stay close to your other player when you end the game.

Maybe it is a Internet connection problem.

Connect a wired Ethernet cable to your Xbox 360 to minimize lag and interference.

How is your NAT? Is it open, moderated, or strict?

Or maybe Microsoft finally caught on to these shenanigans and modified its game server to not allocate or not allow 999,999 points. Does everyone else have this problem now?

Edited by XP1

Hash error means that there is some kind of mismatch. Either the other player or the game server is reporting a different hash than yours.

How long did a single game last? Maybe you are playing the game too long? Try getting stuck and ending the game in under 30 minutes.

1 was like 55 minutes & the other was like 28.

Maybe you are too far behind? Try to stay close to your other player when you end the game.
In both cases 1 player was still on the wall when the other player started shooting the boss/enemies.

Maybe it is a Internet connection problem.

Connect a wired Ethernet cable to your Xbox 360 to minimize lag and interference.

How is your NAT? Is it open, moderated, or strict?

Wired connection, nat is always open.

Or maybe Microsoft finally caught on to these shenanigans and modified its game server to not allocate or not allow 999,999 points. Does everyone else have this problem now?

Doubt it's been patched, it's a game that isn't even available through conventional means anymore.

The second time it happened the other guy shot an enemy next to the boss after we glitched our coins.

The first time I was the one that got the error (with different player) but only after killing the boss.

1 was like 55 minutes & the other was like 28.

In both cases 1 player was still on the wall when the other player started shooting the boss/enemies.

Wired connection, nat is always open.

Hmm, according to PlaySwap.eu from your signature, you are in Europe. Are the other players close by in Europe too, and are their connections also good?

The second time it happened the other guy shot an enemy next to the boss after we glitched our coins.

The first time I was the one that got the error (with different player) but only after killing the boss.

The fact is that the hash is wrong. Maybe it has something to do with a different hash because you are too far away or even because the other player is not moving (AKA inactive)? Well, all I can suggest right now is try following each other. Not too close, otherwise, you will lose 300,000-400,000 coins like I did in the video (also deactivate the yellow aura when done). However, if you lose coins, you may have to do the glitch twice, but that's better than nothing.

Doubt it's been patched, it's a game that isn't even available through conventional means anymore.
The game files don't need to be patched. If Microsoft just looks at the stats or leaderboards on its server, then Microsoft can actually prevent new 999,999 scores from registering. No game patch required, but rather, it is a server patch. Edited by XP1