Co-op Glitchiness Question

ianke_2002

can someone guide me through what i should do?....Me and my co-op partner started doing the co-op two nights ago...i was host i restarted the story and invited him. FYI, it was booting him after every time I would save. So i ended up saving and then quitting out of my game and going back in and re-inviting him. We went all the way to the end boss...killed him and it didnt pop....then did overtime (jsut in case) and it still didnt pop...we then restarted teh story and gave katie her first zombrex and it did pop. we then finished case 1 again and it STILL didnt pop for either of us.......can someone please tell me what i should do from this point?????

That's odd cause I was playing it with my friend and I believe I was host. We didn't get booted regardless of who saved and only I got the achievement. Weird.

So you have the co-op achievement, but your friend doesn't? If so, I would say just run through the story with your friend as hope and make sure that he get's the last hit on TK in Overtime. I remember reading somewhere that getting the last hit makes a difference or something.

can someone guide me through what i should do?....Me and my co-op partner started doing the co-op two nights ago...i was host i restarted the story and invited him. FYI, it was booting him after every time I would save. So i ended up saving and then quitting out of my game and going back in and re-inviting him. We went all the way to the end boss...killed him and it didnt pop....then did overtime (jsut in case) and it still didnt pop...we then restarted teh story and gave katie her first zombrex and it did pop. we then finished case 1 again and it STILL didnt pop for either of us.......can someone please tell me what i should do from this point?????

What achievement are you trying to get?

we have just started up another run through (my friend and I) and i figured we would try something different.....i am still the host.BUT..at each point where it would prompt us to save....we are not. We then go to the bathrooms and HE manually saves first and then i do......but it STILL booted him when i saved.

• 5 months later...
we have just started up another run through (my friend and I) and i figured we would try something different.....i am still the host.BUT..at each point where it would prompt us to save....we are not. We then go to the bathrooms and HE manually saves first and then i do......but it STILL booted him when i saved.

I know I'm bumping this, but I couldn't see a more recent thread with a direct answer to this, which surprised me.

Basically, I have just tried DR2 on co-op and am getting exactly the same problem - I'm hosting and every time I save (in the bathroom or after a chapter) it kicks out player 2. He then can't rejoin until I go back to the title screen and then reload the game. This is obviously really frustrating!

After doing a bit of research, I've read elsewhere that if you have your save file on a flash drive or memory card instead of the HDD, then this glitch doesn't happen. I'm going to try this next time I play again (maybe tomorrow), but can anyone confirm that this works in the meantime? :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working off my flash drive while plowing through with a partner. I'm host, and he never drops after/while I save, either when prompted or in a bathroom. He does drop because of crappy connection, though, and after finishing case 7-3, neither of us have the achievement. We're pretty sure he dropped out some time during 7-2, so we're gonna replay that and then do the first Zombrex mission.

Connection issues piss me the hell off.

I've been working off my flash drive while plowing through with a partner. I'm host, and he never drops after/while I save, either when prompted or in a bathroom. He does drop because of crappy connection, though, and after finishing case 7-3, neither of us have the achievement. We're pretty sure he dropped out some time during 7-2, so we're gonna replay that and then do the first Zombrex mission.

Connection issues piss me the hell off.

I'm guessing Case 7-3 is overtime? I haven't played in a while, but after you've done overtime and nothing unlocks for you try replay through a game up to Case 2 and hopefully it unlocks. Apparently, it's been happening like that for people.

Yeah, me and a friend were having the same problem. Everytime we would complete a case, it would boot me out but let me save. Then he would have to invite me again because for some strange, it wouldn't let me join his game. We recently beat the game in Overtime Mode and still neither one of us got the achievement for co-op. So has anyone found out if that flash drive experiment solve the problem that a guy mentioned several posts ago? I hope someone has an answer soon. I'm going to try myself. I'll let you guys know if it works.

• 3 weeks later...
My friend and I had this same problem. We just completed the story mode (and overtime) doing each of the story related missions in co-op and neither of us got the achievement.

Very frustrating.

Restart the game again and play while finishing Case 2-2 and waiting for 3. A lot of people have had a problem like that and for some odd reason it unlocked then. Hope that works for you.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, me and a friend were having the same problem. Everytime we would complete a case, it would boot me out but let me save. Then he would have to invite me again because for some strange, it wouldn't let me join his game. We recently beat the game in Overtime Mode and still neither one of us got the achievement for co-op. So has anyone found out if that flash drive experiment solve the problem that a guy mentioned several posts ago? I hope someone has an answer soon. I'm going to try myself. I'll let you guys know if it works.

2 months later than I intended, but today I have tried the method I posted before and have found it does indeed resolve the issues.

So to recap, if you get problems with player 2 getting kicked when you save, you can copy your save to an official memory card or a flashdrive and play from that. When you do this, all save issues are resolved. (At least in my experience!)