Jump to content

 

Found a Broken Link or Typo? Missing Game Information? Post here.


The Pants Party
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, shnaricles said:

when clicking on Qube 2 in the achievement list, a page opens with the text "Did not find any game #000"

Hmm, very strange. I’ll see if I can find out what’s going on. Thanks!

 

EDIT - Fixed!

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/qube-2/achievements/

Edited by bLaKgRaVy
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Racxie said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but if I search for 'N+' (as in the game), the search returns a purely blank page with nothing but "#001" in the top left corner.

That’s because you searched using only two characters. You need at least three, which makes it unfortunately difficult to search for some games. 

 

Select ‘N’ under ‘Achievements > Arcade’ and it’s the first one in the list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 2:51 AM, bLaKgRaVy said:

That’s because you searched using only two characters. You need at least three, which makes it unfortunately difficult to search for some games. 

 

Select ‘N’ under ‘Achievements > Arcade’ and it’s the first one in the list. 

 

well that is the name of the game 😂 and yeah that's what I had to do, but doesn't change the fact that it returned a weird error rather than just coming up empty which is what happens when it can't find what you're looking for in other situations (e.g. if you search for gibberish)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Racxie said:

 

well that is the name of the game 😂 and yeah that's what I had to do, but doesn't change the fact that it returned a weird error rather than just coming up empty which is what happens when it can't find what you're looking for in other situations (e.g. if you search for gibberish)

Oh I definitely realize that, I wasn't doubting you!

 

I just searched for the game 'Fe' and it came up with the same error. Same with the game 'Q'. I'm assuming it comes up with that error code if you search for less than three characters.

 

Yep. Just searched for 'Feq' and it came up blank, no error code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2021 at 6:01 PM, bLaKgRaVy said:

Oh I definitely realize that, I wasn't doubting you!

 

I just searched for the game 'Fe' and it came up with the same error. Same with the game 'Q'. I'm assuming it comes up with that error code if you search for less than three characters.

 

Yep. Just searched for 'Feq' and it came up blank, no error code.

I honestly didn't think to try other games (which I should have done to confirm this isn't an isolated issue like you did), but glad I've brought this to your attention at least :) of course would be ideal if it'd return an error message on the standard results page e.g. "no results found" or "minimum 3 characters required!" etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Racxie said:

I honestly didn't think to try other games (which I should have done to confirm this isn't an isolated issue like you did), but glad I've brought this to your attention at least :) of course would be ideal if it'd return an error message on the standard results page e.g. "no results found" or "minimum 3 characters required!" etc.

Yes, it would certainly be more ideal if the message was more specific and actually told you something. I’ll bring it up with Rx and ask if it’s a message he controls or not. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've just come across another broken link: the public profiles. I just clicked on the link to my public profile in my signature but it just comes up with a '404 Not Found', 'nginx/1.19.9' error.

 

I'm not sure if the public profiles were removed during the new update, because the link is from a while back. Unless of course the URL format has changed?

 

Edit: Looks like the URL format has changed so that would appear to be why. Ignore this.

Edited by Racxie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I don't know if it's as simple as correcting an URL, but ALL the images in the "Dead Space" achievement guide are linked to the old web site name ( ending in .org), and no images are shown.  There are probably a LOT of achievement guides affected by the domain-name change.  Assuming it's as simple as updating the link... there are probably hundreds (maybe thousands?!!) of these broken links like this.  Is anyone on staff, tackling this on a regular / semi-regular basis?  I understand that if they are... Dead Space is fairly far down the list alphabetically, and will be gotten around to eventually.

 

Actually... a request of the original poster's of these guides to update the links might make the job easier for the staff (at least for any guide makers who haven't since been banned)!  Toasty411 (also his gamertag) did Dead Space.  I reached out to him already on Xbox, but he hasn't been on in a few days... so I'll let you know if I get in touch with him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Restricted-Access said:

I don't know if it's as simple as correcting an URL, but ALL the images in the "Dead Space" achievement guide are linked to the old web site name ( ending in .org), and no images are shown.  There are probably a LOT of achievement guides affected by the domain-name change.  Assuming it's as simple as updating the link... there are probably hundreds (maybe thousands?!!) of these broken links like this.  Is anyone on staff, tackling this on a regular / semi-regular basis?  I understand that if they are... Dead Space is fairly far down the list alphabetically, and will be gotten around to eventually.

 

Actually... a request of the original poster's of these guides to update the links might make the job easier for the staff (at least for any guide makers who haven't since been banned)!  Toasty411 (also his gamertag) did Dead Space.  I reached out to him already on Xbox, but he hasn't been on in a few days... so I'll let you know if I get in touch with him!

Do you mean the version on the forum rather than on main site?

If so yeah they can be updated but needs to be done manually so would take a very long time and is unlikely to be done for most games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thanatos8285 said:

Doodle God: Crime City (https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/doodle-god-crime-city/overview/) has been renamed in the Microsoft store to Doodle Mafia: Crime City.  You can click the store link on the game page here to verify this.  Not sure exactly when that change was made.

Strange, the price is completely different, too (XBA has $6.99, M$ has $14.99). But it appears to be the same game. When I get to a PC I'll change it. Thanks!

 

 

EDIT - Okay, game title, price and forum name are changed! Updated the store link, too. Can't do anything about the name in the URL on this site, though, as that's set when the game is created for the site.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, Caramel Cardinal said:

Do you mean the version on the forum rather than on main site?

If so yeah they can be updated but needs to be done manually so would take a very long time and is unlikely to be done for most games.

 

Hi... sorry for the late reply.  I don't frequent this site as much as I used to (which seems to be a lot of people right now).  I don't really know what you mean, as I don't know the site as well as you do, it seems.  I'm talking about the area where you go, to find games and achievement guides & road maps, etc.

 

If I knew what to change, AND had the access to do it (I guess I would have to be given "restricted access")... I would gladly do it (as I could get to it), for free.  I'm working from home (and this was the case BEFORE the COVID outbreak), and there are times when I have a lot of free time (and when I just don't feel like playing games).  Oddly enough, I prefer working to playing games.  I only play games to unwind (which is why I don't do too much multiplayer stuff... that stresses me out!).

 

Anyway, I'm sure I would have to have a long talk with someone, BEFORE I might be allowed to fix broken links... but "OBVIOUSLY"... if I did anything I wasn't supposed to do, with malicious intent... an immediate and permanent ban would be placed on my account, and probably block access from my IP address.

 

I've had some problems on here in the past, but I've been "watching it" and behaving (just ask blakgravy... we've talked quite a bit about my past on here).  Anyway, if it'll be an absolute no... then I'll see if there's another way to get in touch with members who are still active on here with guides, and see if I can't find a way to let them know the site change broke some links.  Hopefully, we can find a way to fix some of these issues without putting too much burden on the staff to do it! 🙂

Edited by Restricted-Access
Spelled "to" instead of "too" on last sentence. See?! I like to fix stuff!!! 😁
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Came to see if there was a guide/roadmap/anything (there wasn't) only to find it buried in the Xbox One games section for the past half year:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forum/7915-yakuza-like-a-dragon/

 

Just an FYI, I'm sure you know, this belongs in the Series X|S games section.

 

Same with:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forum/8451-outriders/

 

Or at least make a duplicate subform if both titles span both consoles.  Newer members are less likely to do the cross platform search like I did and move their traffic to TrueAchievements.

Edited by Cyanide Breath Mint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Cyanide Breath Mint said:

Came to see if there was a guide/roadmap/anything (there wasn't) only to find it buried in the Xbox One games section for the past half year:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forum/7915-yakuza-like-a-dragon/

 

Just an FYI, I'm sure you know, this belongs in the Series X|S games section.

 

Same with:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forum/8451-outriders/

 

Or at least make a duplicate subform if both titles span both consoles.  Newer members are less likely to do the cross platform search like I did and move their traffic to TrueAchievements.

Umm, aren't these just Xbox One games that also have XSX optimizations?  That's why they're only in the XB1 side.  The XSX side is for games that only work on the newest console(s).  At least that I how I thought it worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Cyanide Breath Mint said:

Came to see if there was a guide/roadmap/anything (there wasn't) only to find it buried in the Xbox One games section for the past half year:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forum/7915-yakuza-like-a-dragon/

 

Just an FYI, I'm sure you know, this belongs in the Series X|S games section.

 

Same with:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forum/8451-outriders/

 

Or at least make a duplicate subform if both titles span both consoles.  Newer members are less likely to do the cross platform search like I did and move their traffic to TrueAchievements.

 

3 minutes ago, Rainith said:

Umm, aren't these just Xbox One games that also have XSX optimizations?  That's why they're only in the XB1 side.  The XSX side is for games that only work on the newest console(s).  At least that I how I thought it worked.

 

Yes, Rainith is correct. The only X|S forums that we are creating are for games that are released exclusively for and are native to that platform only. If it's an X1 game that is optimized for X|S, then we only have an X1 forum. Otherwise we'd have hundreds of forums completely empty of conversation and content. It's just not worth the time it takes to create each forum plus the space on the servers.

 

Is it just me, or does hardly anyone search for a game using the magnifying glass on the top bar to the right of 'MORE'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

Is it just me, or does hardly anyone search for a game using the magnifying glass on the top bar to the right of 'MORE'?

 

Speaking for myself, I never do.  I just use the achievements dropdown, choose the system and go from there.  Possibly goes back to the dawn of time on the site when the search was so bad that it was near useless (or at least that is what I recall being the case).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rainith said:

 

Speaking for myself, I never do.  I just use the achievements dropdown, choose the system and go from there.  Possibly goes back to the dawn of time on the site when the search was so bad that it was near useless (or at least that is what I recall being the case).

 

Despite the search function being more atrocious before the update (it’s still not 100%), I still always used it, but, like using a search engine like Google, I always typed less to get more results.

 

For Call of Duty, for example, I would search for ‘call of’ or ‘of duty’, then it was just a quick mouse scroll to find what I want. Zombie Army 4 is ‘army 4’, Sniper Elite is ‘r elite’, and so on. I find it much easier than using the Achievements drop down, picking a letter, then scrolling to find my game, often having to scroll to the bottom to change pages (or change the page number in the URL). I find it inefficient to search that way. 

 

I’ve never really browsed on XBA; I’ve always looked for something specific, especially being on staff for so long. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, Rainith said:

Umm, aren't these just Xbox One games that also have XSX optimizations?  That's why they're only in the XB1 side.  The XSX side is for games that only work on the newest console(s).  At least that I how I thought it worked.

That may very well be, I'm thinking a bit more outside the box for those that are newer to the site and navigate to the guides or forum search was all.

 

On 6/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, bLaKgRaVy said:

 

 

Yes, Rainith is correct. The only X|S forums that we are creating are for games that are released exclusively for and are native to that platform only. If it's an X1 game that is optimized for X|S, then we only have an X1 forum. Otherwise we'd have hundreds of forums completely empty of conversation and content. It's just not worth the time it takes to create each forum plus the space on the servers.

 

Is it just me, or does hardly anyone search for a game using the magnifying glass on the top bar to the right of 'MORE'?

Re: Not bringing them or linking them to X|S forums is fine by me; merely a suggestion to improve traffic.  In fact, it may not have been clear.  My suggestion is more linking X|S titles back to XB1 forums so when folks do search in that area and see diddly squat, they at least see a hyperlink navigating them where they should go, rather than say...TrueAchievements?

 

Re: Using the search.  If that's a specifically gauged question to myself (or overall), the answer is yes.  Been here more than a hot minute.  Again, having a multitude of ways getting to the same answer isn't always the solution if another alternative can make it simpler on the end user (recognizing that might not mean the easiest solution for staff).

 

Either way, it was a suggestion.  No longer care. :o

Edited by Cyanide Breath Mint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cyanide Breath Mint said:

That may very well be, I'm thinking a bit more outside the box for those that are newer to the site and navigate to the guides or forum search was all.

 

Re: Not bringing them or linking them to X|S forums is fine by me; merely a suggestion to improve traffic.  In fact, it may not have been clear.  My suggestion is more linking X|S titles back to XB1 forums so when folks do search in that area and see diddly squat, they at least see a hyperlink navigating them where they should go, rather than say...TrueAchievements?

 

Re: Using the search.  If that's a specifically gauged question to myself (or overall), the answer is yes.  Been here more than a hot minute.  Again, having a multitude of ways getting to the same answer isn't always the solution if another alternative can make it simpler on the end user (recognizing that might not mean the easiest solution for staff).

 

Either way, it was a suggestion.  No longer care. :o

That's exactly what's done. We link X1 games with X|S optimizations to X1 forums (like Gears 5 or CoD Black Ops Cold War), because they aren't X|S exclusive and have only one achievement list. But, if a game is released on X|S exclusively (like Bright Memory or Enlisted), or if a game is released on both X1 and X|S and have an achievement list for each platform (like Madden NFL 21 or The Sinking City), then a forum is created for the X|S version as well. We feel that given the (lack of) traffic on site, having a forum for the X|S optimization of an X1 release and one for the X|S release is a bit overkill. If we had the traffic we did from 2013, we'd have different thoughts on this.

 

The search wasn't directed at you, it was a general question. But, if searching for Outriders or Yakuza, for example, using the magnifying glass will yield results for all/both platforms, then you can choose which one to look at. Like I said, I don't know why people don't use search more as it really is the simplest way to find a game on site. Using the Achievements drop down to find a game (unless you're just browsing) is a chore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, bLaKgRaVy said:

That's exactly what's done. We link X1 games with X|S optimizations to X1 forums (like Gears 5 or CoD Black Ops Cold War), because they aren't X|S exclusive and have only one achievement list. But, if a game is released on X|S exclusively (like Bright Memory or Enlisted), or if a game is released on both X1 and X|S and have an achievement list for each platform (like Madden NFL 21 or The Sinking City), then a forum is created for the X|S version as well. We feel that given the (lack of) traffic on site, having a forum for the X|S optimization of an X1 release and one for the X|S release is a bit overkill. If we had the traffic we did from 2013, we'd have different thoughts on this.

 

The search wasn't directed at you, it was a general question. But, if searching for Outriders or Yakuza, for example, using the magnifying glass will yield results for all/both platforms, then you can choose which one to look at. Like I said, I don't know why people don't use search more as it really is the simplest way to find a game on site. Using the Achievements drop down to find a game (unless you're just browsing) is a chore.

So, under the 'Achievements' drop down selection, Xbox Series X is ones first choice.  Selecting that then picking the letter of the game (in this case Yakuza: Like a Dragon), yields this result:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/browsegames/xbox-series-x/y/

 

No way to pop a link to the XB1 side for that game for new users here?  If going forward, that's simply to laborious for staff here, it might be simpler to just remove Xbox Series X from the selection choice and direct users to the search magnifying glass?

 

Just seems like a broken option to users if it does nothing, y'know?

Edited by Cyanide Breath Mint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cyanide Breath Mint said:

So, under the 'Achievements' drop down selection, Xbox Series X is ones first choice.  Selecting that then picking the letter of the game (in this case Yakuza: Like a Dragon), yields this result:

 

https://www.xboxachievements.com/browsegames/xbox-series-x/y/

 

No way to pop a link to the XB1 side for that game for new users here?  If going forward, that's simply to laborious for staff here, it might be simpler to just remove Xbox Series X from the selection choice and direct users to the search magnifying glass?

 

Just seems like a broken option to users if it does nothing, y'know?

 

There are no Y titles for X|S currently, which is why you get the error. There are also no 0-9, A, G, K, P, Q, U, V, X or Z titles. Only X|S released games that have an X|S achievement list are in that list., hence it's why is the Achievements drop down menu. Since there isn't a separate X|S release for Yakuza: Like a Dragon, it would naturally not be listed there.

 

Thanks for the feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

So I noticed for Smite that u cannot enable/disable checklist (missing the link to do it).  I think this happened when u updated the final part for achievement tracking and other games have the link too.  I was gonna wait for when they added new achievements for the new banshee god, but it has almost been a week and still can't do it.  Also since I'm at it u might as well add the 2 new achievements too, lol.

Edited by Distractor08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Distractor08 said:

So I noticed for Smite that u cannot enable/disable checklist (missing the link to do it).  I think this happened when u updated the final part for achievement tracking.  I was gonna wait for when they added new achievements for the new banshee god, but it has almost been a week and still can't do it.  Also since I'm at it u might as well add the 2 new achievements too, lol.

You need to switch your settings to Manual (Checklist). Since the update last month, it defaulted to Automatic (Feed). 
 

From the front page, click on your name at the top right. From the forum, click on My Stats. This will bring you to your feed/profile. On the left is a menu. Click on Settings. Change both achievement lists and achievement guides to Manual then Save. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...