Golden Idol Detailed Guide/Help Thread

Sniper Riflez

my last two.

for drilldo, you just need to kill 2 ppl by sliding into them? you don have to shoot the drill, just charge it?

for stringer, i seem to have an issue with the first guy. he isnt always level with the second guy.

got them both on 6.3.

btw, i dont think you can do drilldo on 6.2. you dont get charge until the very end (b4 the elevator) and you dont see other enemies then the bugs.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last one I need to get and I'm finding it virtually impossible atm.

Stringer - CHARGED: Suspend a drilled enemy mid-air, then kick him into another enemy.

Leash an enemy (preferably a burnout) towards you, fired a charged shot into his stomach and when an enemy is behind him, kick him and it should kill the one behind.

I find the best place to attempt it its at the beginning of Act 7 and a little further in the there's some issues with it I can't get over.

I find it hard to get 2 people in the right place at the right time. They're either to close so I can't get a kick/leash in then get the other in the right place for my kick kill or the 2nd none drilled guy is not close enough or no other guy is near!

The major problem I'm having is when I charge drill a guy they seem to go into the air even though I aim straight. Meaning I can then not kick them as they're too high..

If anyones got any tactics that'll be great but this ones the hardest out of them all lol. I'll edit it if I get it!

Last one I need to get and I'm finding it virtually impossible atm.

I find the best place to attempt it its at the beginning of Act 7 and a little further in the there's some issues with it I can't get over.

I find it hard to get 2 people in the right place at the right time. They're either to close so I can't get a kick/leash in then get the other in the right place for my kick kill or the 2nd none drilled guy is not close enough or no other guy is near!

The major problem I'm having is when I charge drill a guy they seem to go into the air even though I aim straight. Meaning I can then not kick them as they're too high..

If anyones got any tactics that'll be great but this ones the hardest out of them all lol. I'll edit it if I get it!

did u try 6.3? in the building. there are a lot of enemies and they dont seem to float as high.

did u try 6.3? in the building. there are a lot of enemies and they dont seem to float as high.

I'll give it a go but is the Penetrator unlocked then?

Edit: Right I got it! Best place is 7-2. As the door opens leash the guy to the right, then leash the guy to the left. The one on the left should hopefully go over and past the first guy you pulled. While he's still in the air, charge penetrate shoot him then kick him at the first guy who should be up off the ground!

Took a few practices, but its the best spot I think! Plus the fastest as these guys are right at the start and if you miss then hit checkpoint restart and you'll be right at the door as it opens!

Edited by Nozza

I'm having some trouble getting those skill shots : first in last out, snapshot and gunslinger. Any tips : weapons, areas, ennemies, act, chapters?

For ding dong, I keep doing it, kill the guys with rubbles but the skillshot doesn't register. Is it glitched or something? Does anyone experienced the same problem?

EDIT : finally got snapshot!

Edited by Snoop QC

I'm having some trouble getting those skill shots : first in last out, snapshot and gunslinger. Any tips : weapons, areas, ennemies, act, chapters?

For ding dong, I keep doing it, kill the guys with rubbles but the skillshot doesn't register. Is it glitched or something? Does anyone experienced the same problem?

EDIT : finally got snapshot!

I'd check out the FAQ that is now on the main page. It actually gives you answers to both of these in the Skillshots section!

Okay, I'm going to be very noobish here but what can I say? I am a noob, and proud of it.

So...I start the game, complete a Playthrough on Easy or something. This will give me some of the Skillshots. Once I've finished this playthrough, I can go to Chapter Select and get any of the other Skillshots I've missed? In doing this, won't I erase my entire collection of Skillshots already?

I mean, say I got them all except one on 4.2 or something. Would I have to play through all of the campaign again until I got to 4.2, or can I just jump straight to 4.2 and all my data will be saved?

Edited by aDisabledRabbit

Okay, I'm going to be very noobish here but what can I say? I am a noob, and proud of it.

So...I start the game, complete a Playthrough on Easy or something. This will give me some of the Skillshots. Once I've finished this playthrough, I can go to Chapter Select and get any of the other Skillshots I've missed? In doing this, won't I erase my entire collection of Skillshots already?

I mean, say I got them all except one on 4.2 or something. Would I have to play through all of the campaign again until I got to 4.2, or can I just jump straight to 4.2 and all my data will be saved?

No. Skillshots are universal throughout Chapter selects and New Games. So you can go to any chapter get the missing Skillshot and quit and move on to the next one!

We now have a FAQ up and achievements guides, so all of these will hold your answer!

No. Skillshots are universal throughout Chapter selects and New Games. So you can go to any chapter get the missing Skillshot and quit and move on to the next one!

We now have a FAQ up and achievements guides, so all of these will hold your answer!

Thank you so much! You in particular have helped me out so much with Bulletstorm. Muchly appreciated. :)

Thank you so much! You in particular have helped me out so much with Bulletstorm. Muchly appreciated. :)

Haha! Well I have played it to death. Pretty much 1k'd it, wrote a guide, overview and an FAQ.. Bit of an overkill but its a fun game so needs it!

Everything you ask will be on the forum, so give it a search and you should find it. If not ask in one of the threads that corresponds to your question.

Haha! Well I have played it to death. Pretty much 1k'd it, wrote a guide, overview and an FAQ.. Bit of an overkill but its a fun game so needs it!

Everything you ask will be on the forum, so give it a search and you should find it. If not ask in one of the threads that corresponds to your question.

It's an awesome game. It deserves to be overkilled in gameplay, if that makes any sense lol! Coolies, yeah. I've got the FAQ up, this thread up, YouTube and my xBox (On Bulletstorm, of course) so I can finally get this achievement done! :D

Thanks again.

There is an easy place to get head slicer. Go to the act 2.2? (worst family fun vacation ever) and get to the point where you see the dinosaur in the hole while Ishi is opening the door. Go through the door and kill the four green guys who run down the stairs. At the top of the stairs there are two guys covering and firing at you. The guy on the left is covering behind a glass window supported by thin bars. Wait for him to take cover by the edge of the door and fire the flail at the edge of the door at the height of his head, it should swing round and get the shot. If you miss, restart checkpoint and you'll return at the dinosaur bit. Took me two attempts.

Thank you for this, head slicer was taking me forever until I tried this. The rest of them were pretty easy.

You may as well mention Act 2-Chapter 2 as an easy and early location for the Head and Meat Slicer flail skillshots to save more people who don't look down the posts from cluttering, although I managed to get both from the turret gunner just before the elevator tenderiser skillshot before knowing this thread was here (Thanks for all the secret ones, they were almost all of what i was missing after finishing campaign).

Also, alot of the drill kills (all of them except ones requiring airborne) I easily got in some section where you're zigzagging through narrow hallways in a collapsed building with Burnouts. Even if I screwed something up, two more would come back down the hallway to try the shot again.

Also, tried the dinosaur yet again, never pressed RB once and got Mass Extinctions, but also got Full Throttles so my original theory was wrong. RB still had nothing to do with the skillshot, however.