How difficult is 'Hard' compared with other games?

I didn't find it too hard, i'd managed to get a hang of not having any prompts for counter by the end of the first fight. My hardest part was where the giant breaks out of the elevator and then you had to fight loads of waves of dudes.

Also, joker at the end was a bit of a problem, but just because when i thought it was safe, i'd get hit by surprise, or one of the thugs i thought i'd knocked out would get up and pick up the gun on the floor D:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like most game, I always start on the highest [at first] allowed difficulty.

This is especially good for clearing difficulty related achievements, and eliminating the learning curve for things like counters [you start without them, you'll never look at, or for them, during any playthrough!

All-in-all Batman AA isn't much of a fighter, and as long as you don't treat it like one, you'll clear it with relative ease. If you try to charge in head-long on Hard mode you'll be about as successful as you would be doing the same thing on Ninja Gaiden.

• 3 months later...

I agree with others here - the loss of the counter warning above enemies heads is the most difficult aspect of hard. However, after playing the combat challenges between my normal and hard runs, I did not find the combat that much more difficult - the combat challenges really honed my sense of timing and how to handle large groups of enemies quite effectively.

• 1 month later...

I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means, and I found hard, not that difficult. There were some places that made you figure out mechanics. (Ivy, I'm looking at you). But overall it was just figuring out how it worked. I played a bit on my wife's easy save, (maybe 10 or 15 min), then jumped into a hard run (she got the game for fun, so I felt the need to finish up the achievements).

The hardest part is figuring out the combat system. Once you get that down pat, the rest of the game is a breeze.

I remember me doing it without investing an excessive amount of time on it, and without too many frustrating moments. Like many have said, it's all about familiarizing oneself with the combat system. When you learn how and when to use a variety of techniques, as well as counterattacks' timing, bosses' movements, and stuff, you'll be fine. Far from being easy, but definitely not one of those games which make you give up on them. Go for it! :)

• 3 months later...
The Last battles are quite hard, because you cannot afford to make more than two or three mistakes, and there are enemies coming at you from every direction. It took some time even on normal for me, so hard is most likely out of an option.

I'm playing this again on the PS3 for fun as I traded in my 360 version, I remember Ivy was hard for me on normal, got her coming up soon, doubt I will try it on hard.

I got through Arkham City on New Game+ though just about, but still.

• 1 month later...
I may be the only one but the two titans with all of the goons right before you fight Joker was about the hardest for me. Trying to fight goons off while getting a batarang shot in was a pain.

I agree with you. This was by far the hardest part for me on the Hard difficulty. I died at least seven or eight times before getting it. Poison Ivy was more annoying than anything, but I only had to retry that one once.

For anyone starting the hard run through, I recommend keeping one armor upgrade for this double titan fight right after Poison Ivy, and maybe one for the Ivy fight. The rest of the game is a cakewalk if you have played Arkham City before this game (which I did).

• 4 months later...
I agree with you. This was by far the hardest part for me on the Hard difficulty. I died at least seven or eight times before getting it. Poison Ivy was more annoying than anything, but I only had to retry that one once.

For anyone starting the hard run through, I recommend keeping one armor upgrade for this double titan fight right after Poison Ivy, and maybe one for the Ivy fight. The rest of the game is a cakewalk if you have played Arkham City before this game (which I did).

Absolutely what he said. You really should have no reason to use an armor upgrade outside of a major fight. For the titans, the multi-batarang was really useful. It seriously helped my likelihood of tagging the titan while it was midcharge without having to stop and aim.

• 2 months later...
I personally think it's one of the easier games to beat on hard.

Seeing as I'd not long completed it on normal before my attempt on hard I felt I had a good chance at it. Definitely worth a go, the main game's a lot more forgiving than most I've attempted on 360 on the hardest difficulty setting. If you didn't get the restart point after the first time you take down Ivy it'd be a proper marathon as an example!

I think I maybe even read it on this site but if you save your armour upgrades for the boss fights (they replenish your energy when you use them) then you'll have a much better shot at beating the story. You only get four though I think. I had most problems with the fight with the waves of enemies and two titans shortly before Joker.

• 4 weeks later...
took over 100x to get past Bane LMAO

who else is gonna be "a bitch" on hard?? I remember Ivy was really difficult on EASY lol

Bane is actually kind of easy on hard. Instead of fighting the henchmen I just ran around them/avoiding them with (A). The only thing I did what batarang on Bane so he ran into the wall. When his HP was down I hit him two times to remove his pipes. When trying this tactic I completed it on my first try.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm about to start this game and wondering how difficult the game is compared with some others games hardest levels e.g Veteren in Call Of Duty.

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks

Well honestly you can't really compare this game difficulty to a first-person shooter difficulty. To me it's the definition of a HARD difficulty, not too easy and not too hard either, well balanced. Once you get used to the combat system (do some challenges for practice) and know the strategy for boss-fights the game becomes even on the hardest settings enjoyable! Don't be scared of the Bat.

• 5 months later...
Well honestly you can't really compare this game difficulty to a first-person shooter difficulty. To me it's the definition of a HARD difficulty, not too easy and not too hard either, well balanced. Once you get used to the combat system (do some challenges for practice) and know the strategy for boss-fights the game becomes even on the hardest settings enjoyable! Don't be scared of the Bat.

Well said.

I think this is the best Batman game. The games that followed seemed to have too many repetition in the combat and predator challenges and the tacked on MP on the last one was HORRIBLE!!!

I hope that the Arkham Knight next gen game makes up for that last one that was released.:uzi: