IS it possible to delete achievements that you earned?

mrniconi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not possible to delete/remove earned achievements.

This.

You can't delete achievements.

Though it would be nice if microsoft made something which allowed you to completely get rid of a game on your Gamertag.

They would make a lot of money in my opinion if they made a "Free 1 Game Wipe From Garmetag" for 400 MSP. Preferably 200 =p

I would get rid of 1 and only 1 game on my gamercard. Lost planet 2. Worst game ever. Worst Story. Worst Gameplay. Worst Achievements.

And to those people who say there are a bunch of games out there that are worse, I know. But from the games that I played, this is the worse for me.

There is one way to remove earned achievements. It might take a bit of time and effort, but what you have to do is first create a new email address. After that, create a new Xbox Live gamertag.

Once you do that, you tie your gamertag to your email, you replay all the games you had before - re-earning all the achievements you got, then you make sure not to play the game(s) you don't want the achievements in.

After you earned all the achievements you want back, you can then change the name of your old profile, then change your new profile name back your old one.

Ta-da! Achievement deleted!

There is one way to remove earned achievements. It might take a bit of time and effort, but what you have to do is first create a new email address. After that, create a new Xbox Live gamertag.

Once you do that, you tie your gamertag to your email, you replay all the games you had before - re-earning all the achievements you got, then you make sure not to play the game(s) you don't want the achievements in.

After you earned all the achievements you want back, you can then change the name of your old profile, then change your new profile name to back your old one.

Ta-da! Achievement deleted!

Lol at first I thought you actually found some glitch/mod when you said there is one way. 2 more seconds into reading your post I was like "yeah right.."

If anyone is that obsessive or OCD over their achievements....well I have nothing to say to that.

Yay it's only been a few days and we've got this thread again.

Search for delete in the General Xbox 360 forum

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/search.php?searchid=19765624

I know, this comes up so much, I keep getting tempted to say this (which by the way is a complete lie and I would never really do it, but it is tempting):

Actually there is, somebody reverse engineered the dashboard and announced they found a hidden feature to do this only yesterday. You have to go through the settings tab on the dashboard and highlight network settings. Then press the guide button and go to your achievements list and highlight the game in question, then you have to press A B B A Y X LB RT LB X X Y A LT, then jump in front of your Kinect sensor and sing "I'm a little teapot" all the way through and a hidden menu will pop up with a list of achievements for that game which you can then delete one by one.

You have to do all this straight after turning the console on and the dash loading without making a single error, so if you make one error, turn your console off for ten seconds and then try again.

Edited by Iregore

Only if you get them offline then don't go online afterwards, delete your account then recover it, the achievements will be gone, I did this by accident with Bayonetta once.. when I was moving my account to my BF's xbox I forgot I got 2 Bayonetta achievements offline and didnt go online since, but it was an easy fix, just had to load up my game and they popped up, they were the kind that I would be mega pissed off if I had to do all that again =/ (completing on Climax).

But if you got them online, they're for staying there, until MS give in to this moaning about deleting achievements.. more likely be done in a way someone mentioned in this thread where you have to pay MSP to actually remove the game.

I'm probably the only one, who is glad we can't do this. Honestly, I would be glad to be rid of some achievements myself, but on the other hand, every single gamer in the world would then have a 100% completion gamercard - and that would defeat every competition purpose.

The only way is if you have been on xbox live and then gone off. And before you get back online recover your gamertag to another console. With that you will not have your achievements from those you played offline. I did that with some easy achievements. They were annoying to do though.

I'm probably the only one, who is glad we can't do this. Honestly, I would be glad to be rid of some achievements myself, but on the other hand, every single gamer in the world would then have a 100% completion gamercard - and that would defeat every competition purpose.

And exactly why would this matter? Why should I be stuck with incomplete gamercards that I don't want just because other players are competing with each other? Why the hell do I care about their competition?

I want to be able to delete games where the server is down and I can't earn the online achievements any more. I want to be able to delete games if there's achievements that are glitched. I want to be able to delete games my son accidentally played for a little while on my gamertag. And yes, I want to be able to delete games where the achievements would ultimately take longer to earn than I am willing to invest.

I am not a part of any of these competitions. Sure, some people who are in these competitions would cheat and do this to stay ahead, but to be honest, that's not my problem, nor is it Microsoft's. If you want to hold or participate in some kind of gamercard competition, then by all means have at it. Have a blast. But the rest of us are not and should not be bound by the rules you set forth in your competition.

And it should be free to delete. There's no reason other than greed to charge for it. Charging to change your gamertag is one thing -- it prevents one person from hoarding a bunch of gamertags that s/he will never use. But there is no reason to charge for deleting games from your gaming history.

If I want to delete a game from my gamercard, that should be an option for me. It has no effect on any other players and does not affect their ability to play games or earn achievements whatsoever. It may affect third-party competitions, but the way to remedy that is to simply remove the offending player from the competition, not hold everybody else to your standards.

And exactly why would this matter? Why should I be stuck with incomplete gamercards that I don't want just because other players are competing with each other? Why the hell do I care about their competition?

I want to be able to delete games where the server is down and I can't earn the online achievements any more. I want to be able to delete games if there's achievements that are glitched. I want to be able to delete games my son accidentally played for a little while on my gamertag. And yes, I want to be able to delete games where the achievements would ultimately take longer to earn than I am willing to invest.

I am not a part of any of these competitions. Sure, some people who are in these competitions would cheat and do this to stay ahead, but to be honest, that's not my problem, nor is it Microsoft's. If you want to hold or participate in some kind of gamercard competition, then by all means have at it. Have a blast. But the rest of us are not and should not be bound by the rules you set forth in your competition.

And it should be free to delete. There's no reason other than greed to charge for it. Charging to change your gamertag is one thing -- it prevents one person from hoarding a bunch of gamertags that s/he will never use. But there is no reason to charge for deleting games from your gaming history.

If I want to delete a game from my gamercard, that should be an option for me. It has no effect on any other players and does not affect their ability to play games or earn achievements whatsoever. It may affect third-party competitions, but the way to remedy that is to simply remove the offending player from the competition, not hold everybody else to your standards.

Why do you care about your completion % anyways if it isn't about the competition?

What is to stop your son from deleting your hard earned games that you did complete? I mean if he can add a couple games to your score, he could theoretically remove them too. Including the games you wouldn't want him to remove.

It takes about 3 years for the companies like EA to take down their old sport game servers. Do you not think that 3 more iterations of nearly the same game is enough to take down the servers of the old game? Or is 3 years not long enough to get those online achievements?

Why do you care about your completion % anyways if it isn't about the competition?

Personal pride. I like looking at it. I couldn't give a shit what anyone else thinks of it. Believe it or not, not everybody plays games for the same reason. And some of us couldn't care less about "competition".

What is to stop your son from deleting your hard earned games that you did complete? I mean if he can add a couple games to your score, he could theoretically remove them too. Including the games you wouldn't want him to remove.

Of course he could. But it's much, much easier to accidentally play a game on someone else's account than it is to delete a game. To delete a game history, you have to take a number of deliberate steps -- press the center button, flip over to the Achievements tab, select the game, press X to delete the game history, and confirm it. This is not going to happen on accident.

It takes about 3 years for the companies like EA to take down their old sport game servers. Do you not think that 3 more iterations of nearly the same game is enough to take down the servers of the old game? Or is 3 years not long enough to get those online achievements?

There are several games that have been taken down in two years or less.

A quick google search came up with '09 games that were shut down on February 2, 2010:

Madden 09

Nascar 09 (Europe)

Fantasy Football 09

There have been other games that were also shut down relatively quickly due to low online participation -- I believe Tom Clancy's Endwar and Lord of the Rings fall into that category, but I'm not 100% certain. There's also games like FEAR 2 that have virtually nobody on the servers.

And there are games where earning the online achievements take months. I don't know what your personal situation is, but as for me, I have things like a job, kids, family obligations, etc. to worry about. My days of buying a game on release date and grinding out the online achievements are long gone. These days, I'm lucky if I start to play a game six months after it was released. I'm sure I'm far, far from the only person in that position.

I'm not saying that the servers need to stay up indefinitely. If the game has low participation or it's been a number of years, then I have no problem with them taking down the servers. But we should also then be able to delete the game history from our list. I don't think it's too much to ask.

And again -- it has absolutely no effect on your ability to earn achievements on your games or participate in whatever competitions you want. If someone in your competition is deleting their game history, you still have options available -- disqualify them. Problem solved.

If you don't want incomplete games on your gamercard...complete them. If you are that set on not having a random game with 5points or so on it...go back and play it until you get all the points in it. OR don't play games you are not sure you will be able to 100%.

Having the option to delete/remove achievements is stupid.

Personal pride. I like looking at it.

Your pride is a lie if you have mod (in any way) to get a score you're proud of.

You can't un-achieve something.

If you're not sure you'll like a game play it on a second profile first.

If you don't want people getting achievements on your profile set a password for it.

If you really don't like having a low completion % on a game then GO COMPLETE IT.

Having the option to delete/remove achievements is stupid.

No more "stupid" than being against something that would have absolutely no effect on the way you play games or earn achievements just because that player happens to play games/earn achievements for different reasons than you do.

Not everybody is in it for the competition. And if you're against deleting achievements.....don't delete them. If they were to implement such a feature, nobody's forcing you to use it.

Your pride is a lie if you have mod (in any way) to get a score you're proud of.

Not exactly something I would lose any sleep over. It's not like I'm hacking games to get achievements I've never earned.

You can't un-achieve something.

Why not? Because you said so?

If you're not sure you'll like a game play it on a second profile first.

I prefer not wasting what little time I can allot to gaming by playing a game on a second profile first.

If you don't want people getting achievements on your profile set a password for it.

Or they could just add an option to delete them, which would accomplish the task of being able to delete achievements that I never earned in the first place.

If you really don't like having a low completion % on a game then GO COMPLETE IT.

Again, some games cannot be completed. Servers shut down. Achievements glitch. Shit happens. Not all of us have the ability to buy games on release date and spend 24/7 grinding them out.

All this would accomplish is giving players a way to clean up their gamercards. Given how often this topic comes up on here and other boards, I'd say it's a pretty popular request. Again, nobody would force you to use it, and if you're judging others on what is or isn't on their gamercard, then quite frankly, that's pretty sad. What the hell do you care if I delete every achievement I've ever earned ever? How does that affect you in any way, shape, or form?

Edited by ChromiumDragon

No more "stupid" than being against something that would have absolutely no effect on the way you play games or earn achievements just because that player happens to play games/earn achievements for different reasons than you do.

Not everybody is in it for the competition. And if you're against deleting achievements.....don't delete them. If they were to implement such a feature, nobody's forcing you to use it.

It would ruin it for those people who do it competitively.

Why don't you just put in the extra effort to 100% games instead of wanting the easy way of deleting incompletes...

Not exactly something I would lose any sleep over. It's not like I'm hacking games to get achievements I've never earned.

I prefer not wasting what little time I can allot to gaming by playing a game on a second profile first.

Or they could just add an option to delete them, which would accomplish the task of being able to delete achievements that I never earned in the first place.

Again, some games cannot be completed. Servers shut down. Achievements glitch. Shit happens. Not all of us have the ability to buy games on release date and spend 24/7 grinding them out.

All this would accomplish is giving players a way to clean up their gamercards. Given how often this topic comes up on here and other boards, I'd say it's a pretty popular request. Again, nobody would force you to use it, and if you're judging others on what is or isn't on their gamercard, then quite frankly, that's pretty sad. What the hell do you care if I delete every achievement I've ever earned ever? How does that affect you in any way, shape, or form?

You really don't like being on the wrong side of the sword, do you?

How would you feel if you got to 100,000G then someone hacks your account and deletes all of your progress? I bet you'd love the system then.

I want to be able to delete games where the server is down and I can't earn the online achievements any more.

Dude, shut the fuck up. I hate it when people complain about servers being shut down. People that complain about it usually:

a) play it and leave it at like 300G for about a year, then moan because they can no longer go back and get the achievements.

b) see about 53 million articles about how the servers for a game are shutting down in about 3 days, then they decide it's a good idea to start it before it becomes impossible to max out, then fuck up and end up with about 750G.

c) people who do no research on games decide that they want to purchase an EA sports game from 2006, then complain because they got 5G before realising that they were a complete fucking moron.

Conclusion: probably 99% of the time if the servers shut down and you're left with achievements that are impossible to get it's your own fault for being stupid. There are reasons that would be out of people control though.

Edited by Tufty

and yet you care about completion % enough to want to fake it by deleting stuff? :confused:

:rolleyes:

It really doesn't take long to work out if you like a game.

If you're that short on time i really don't see how you'll be able to get enough of the acievements in most games to make this argument worth it.

Or people could use the measures already implemented to get the same result. :confused:

Why should they waste time making more features because you can't be arsed to use the ones they've already given you?