Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (1) roadmap

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

-Offline: 42 (890http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Online: 3 (25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Kinect: 4 (85http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

-Approximate amount of time to 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg:12-15 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3(difficulty does not stack)

-Number of missable achievements: No story missable achievements

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes

-Glitchy achievements: Friendly Rivals has been reported as being glitchy and not unlocking for some

-Unobtainable achievements:None

-Extra equipment needed?: Yes, you will need Kinect to get the full 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Introduction:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is much more combat orientated than the previous Harry Potter games. It has even been called "A Third Person speller" by some. This game focuses entirely on combat with little to no exploration which made the previous games moderately entertaining.

Preparation:

It will take you at least three playthroughs to get all of the achievements because the difficulty achievements do not stack. Hard difficulty won't be that much of a challenge and the other two playthroughs shouldn't take you that long to complete. There are six achievements related to collectibles in the game, a video collectible guide can be found here(Thanks to iFeroX for the videos).

Easy, medium, and hard playthroughs

You will unlock 13 achievements by simple playing through the story. Other achievements are tied to kills, leveling up, and using potions and spells. You should reach level 20 if you defeat all of the enemies that you come across through out the game. After completing your first playthrough prepare for another two to finish up all of the single player achievements.

Online achievements:

There are 4 online achievements and they are relatively quick and easy to obtain. 2 achievements will come by simply completing the 15 online challenges that are available. For survivalist you will need to get 5 stars on a hard challenge, hard challenge four is recommended for this achievement.To obtain Friendly Rivals you will need to compare one of your challenge result's with a friends result. If you have no friends who have the game you can create a second account and add that account as a friend to obtain this achievement. This achievement has been reported as being glitchy and won't unlock for some, there is no known solution to sort this yet.

Kinect achievements:

There are 3 achievements you get for completing all of the Kinect missions. There are 22 Kinect missions, 12 solo and 10 co-op. By the time you have completed all of the Kinect missions you should have unlocked Capable Casting which is the final Kinect achievement.

Conclusion:

This game's achievements are easy to obtain but they are time consuming. The fact you have to have Kinect to gain all of the achievements may deter some, although if you do have Kinect these are some of the easiest achievements available for it.

What do you think? Can you notice any errors?

Thanks.

Edited by jamie1000013

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt anybody will read this or care, but there are cheats in this game for the XBox 360. I enabled them on my last playthrough (Easy and Collectible achievements). I was still able to get the achievement with the cheats enabled. The only one that did anything was the extra Protego, and since it was easy I didn't really do much with it. I was going to do the Elite challenges, but I have to give the game back so I don't really have the time to do it. When I enabled the cheats there were room for some more, but I couldn't find them for the XBox, only the PS3, and I was already through my playthrough when I found them. But anyways, here they are, and again, for me they did not disable achievements:

At the "Options" menu, choose the "Unlock Menu" selection. Then, enter one of the following codes to activate the corresponding cheat function:

Elite challenges

Press :ybut:, :dup:, :xbut:, :ltbut:, :rtbut:, :abut: to unlock the Elite challenges.

Super strength potions

Press :xbut:, :dleft:, :dright:, :abut:, :rtbut:, :rbbut: to make potions more strong.

Stronger Protego Totalum charm

Press :ybut:, :bbut:, :dup:, :dleft:, :rtbut:, :dright: to strengthen your Protego Totalum charm so that nothing can get through it.

Source: CheatCC

Edited by IVI4V3R1CK
Enabled Cheats

• 1 month later...

For the "Friendly Rivals" achievement i simply chose a random name off of the leader boards and sent them a friend request. then waited about five minutes, exited to the main menu, then went back in to the compare friends area and the name showed up as one of my friends. the person i send a friend request was online but he never accepted me as a friend, and i still got the cheevo.

hope this helps and hope its not a glitch and i just got lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
This roadmap is incorrect. All of the collectibles are missable. Please fix this so that in the future, you don't screw other people over like I just got.

The missable part of the roadmap is about the number of story related achievements which are missable. Of course the collectibles are missable...

You have to replay the game 3 times over anyway. Thanks for the 1 star review.

• 2 weeks later...
The missable part of the roadmap is about the number of story related achievements which are missable. Of course the collectibles are missable...

You have to replay the game 3 times over anyway. Thanks for the 1 star review.

No, you're wrong. The collectibles are missable, and if one is missed, will require another playthrough to obtain them all again. The collectibles need to be obtained all in the same playthrough anyway, and the won't carry into the next. No "story-related" achievement is missable, because they are obtained through natural story progression, just by playing through the story.

It doesn't matter how many times you have to replay the game. Even if you miss a collectible on your 3rd playthrough, you'd still have to replay the game again a 4th time.

If you still fail to understand what a "missable" achievement is, just look at all the other roadmaps here that are done correctly.

Also where you're wrong, under extra equipment, you should include needing another person, since you need 2 people to complete all the co-op Kinect missions. This could be a problem for anyone who rents the game for the weekend, and doesn't have anyone to help.

Ellie10 is right. All collectible achievements are missable. Luckily, I saw that they were missable on TA.com. I ran around grabbing collectibles while constantly being shot and never died while on easy. I imagine it would be more difficult on medium and hard. And it should mention the need of another person as well.

I just wanted to mention that the videos in the collectibles guide thread have been taken down. There are other videos on YouTube, as well as the text guide here.