Your opinions on the final Guitar Hero?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked it up not expecting much really. It pleasantly suprised me for a cheap one but it isn't the 'platform' that RB3 has created itself. RB3 is like a hub of activity whereas WoR is just a fun blast I had for a few hours a day last week

• 3 months later...

It could've been better but it wasn't bad. They made a solid attempt to get hardcore players back but I think it came a little too late. Tracklist was very good, the story had lolbad writing but was definitely fun. I like it and I still play it every once in a while.

• 5 weeks later...

This was one of the best GH title's I would go as far as saying it is in the top 3 (GH3, GH Metallica, GHWOR... my opinion). Also when this game launched and I saw on IGN that the story was "CHILDISH" I laughed HARD, I mean it was cool alot better then getting in a van and playing so many show's in so many venue's.

This game was different and went out there. Honestly could have been better but hey what can u do. Not to mention 1 last thought here, I am glad yes glad that they are cooling off from GH... why u might ask well, so they don't burn out this franchise (They are or dare I say have already done this with COD) plus music rythem game's just are not selling like they use to.

• 1 month later...

I thought that WoR was the best GH game that I've ever played (although, I've only ever played World Tour and onward).

I loved how the story line included Rush's '2112', and how it had the members of Rush and Gene Simmons narrating. Granted, he's not the most amazing person in the world, but the fact that a rock star was narrating a game about rock is still pretty neat. Also, I liked the inclusion of 'Sudden Death' by Megadeth that was written especially for the game. The set list was exactly what I expect from GH games; old classics that we all know and love, along with some more obscure songs that let you discover lesser known artists.

EDIT: With regards to the series 'cooling off', I completely agree with the decision. As much as I love music games, they were completely saturating the market. I was getting sick of there being a new GH or Rock Band game every 6 months or so.

Edited by MrKeithSmooth

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...