Is this really worth buying?

can i get the full game free :confused::eek:

You could...Not sure if its been sorted out yet though.

Make a Windows Live email account but make the country Taiwan - Postcode> 81167 then use this to sign up to xbl on xbox.com agian make the country Taiwan then recover this account onto your 360 and download the game for free.

Try it and see if it still works.

You could...Not sure if its been sorted out yet though.

Make a Windows Live email account but make the country Taiwan - Postcode> 81167 then use this to sign up to xbl on xbox.com agian make the country Taiwan then recover this account onto your 360 and download the game for free.

Try it and see if it still works.

Is the language in tawainese and can you play with English speakers?

Dont buy it, Make a Taiwanese XBL account and download it for free ;)

That's what I did. :D

can i get the full game free :confused::eek:

Yes.

when you play it on your main account, it should be in whatever language you main account it set to. And for free, why not take the risk and see if it works? :)

FYI: I was able to get the game for free as of 2:00 PM EST today (got it about 15 min ago)

Same here, I was reading in the related thread though it no longer appears to work. With that said, it is in English on my main account :D

That's what I did. :D

Yes.

Same here, I was reading in the related thread though it no longer appears to work. With that said, it is in English on my main account :D

this no longer works anymore i just tried it just now )7:38 EST)and it does not work and i have been told its been patched

this no longer works anymore i just tried it just now )7:38 EST)and it does not work and i have been told its been patched

That sucks. I guess that means the question is now a valid one. I would recommend playing the trail, and seeing if you like it. It's honestly just a Ghostbuster themed Geometry Wars. Similar to Dead Ops Arcade mini-game hidden inside of CoD: Black Ops, if you are unfamiliar with GW. This is what 800MS on the Marketplace? I would say just save your money for something else imo.

No, the best part of the game is the title screen.

The first two levels are fine, but then it gets really difficult. To make matters worse, the AI is as dumb as bricks; I've literally had an AI teammate running in circles.

But hey, there's online co-op right? Technically, yes. The problem is should you actually find other people playing, the lag will be so bad that the game becomes unplayable.

This game is not worth the 800 points that it currently costs. If it went down to 400 points then you may consider buying it.

CONS

• 1.) Linear Gameplay - The game is very linear. There is only one direction to go at all times. No element of exploration in this game.
  • 2.) Stupid A.I. - The computer controlled A.I. is the worst I have ever played in a game. If you are planning on buying this game to play by yourself you will be very frustrated with the A.I. One online or local player is enough to play the game without the stupid A.I negatively effecting the gameplay.
  • 3.) Short Game - There are only 12 levels in the game and I do not believe any level will take longer than 10 minutes to complete.
  • 4.) Lasting Appeal - Once you beat Ghostbusters you will doubtfully want to play it again. It is simply not fun enough to replay and there are no incentives (unlockables) that make you want to replay it.
  • 5.) No Upgrading - I think the developers missed a golden opportunity by excluding the ability to upgrade characters attributes or weapons. Just three weapons that you can use in the entire game is lame.

Pros

• 1.) Cool Franchise - It is a Ghostbusters game and capturing variety of ghosts is cool.
  • 2.) Controls Well - Ghostbusters incorporates Geometry Wars style controls and it works very well.
  • 3.) Easy 200 - The game is easy and quick to get 200 achievement points. (Some may regard this as a Con.)

The linearity is extremely noticeable. Just walk in one room, blast everything, walk into the next, and blast everything....

You forget the next bit which is looping back to the start of the level again so that you can take another door leading to a boring boss fight. (Still, not half as bad as Dragon Age II in regards to reusing areas...)

The game is meh.

Just to repeat it again, the AI is frigging awful. They run about getting stuck on objects, they die and then another AI steals the revive by making the downed AI it's utmost priority yet when you go down the AI all manage to get killed by ignoring you and getting killed. (The worst for me so far was in the 3rd level where you have to fight a big yellow ghost in a tiny room, so if it doesn't trample you, the room is so small that you can barely avoid the highly damaging slime trail.)

Yep, same here. I cannot recommend this game even to the biggest Ghostbusters fans...

You could say that my entire life has somehow be guided by ghostbusters. I've been a fan since I was 2, and my love for science was inspired by the fake science they'd make up in the movies and cartoons.

And yet even I found it tedious. If it wasn't so bad with the AI and the swarming, causing you to restart the same room over and over and over, I probably wouldn't feel as poorly about this game as much.

Well I bought it, only played the first level but I'm already disappointed that you can't save your progress so you have to beat the game in one sitting

You do not have to beat the game in one sitting. Your progress is automatically saved. I know it is saved after the completion of a level. There is even a level select option that adds the levels you completed.

While I am not 100% sure, I believe the game saves every time you select Exit Game. So if you obtain a collectable, or watch the credits you can exit and the items will be saved. Again, I am not 100% sure of this though.

Edited by BANNED!

I was very excited about this game but after reading that the AI is terrible, you can't play online with more than one person on your xbox at a time and that single player mode is infuriating it sounds like I should pass.

Is the game atleast fun to play? Or will I get it, beat it and never want to play it again?

Yes and no.. I like it and I like to go back and just kill things. Im a ghostbusters fan so it works for me. There are points that drove me nuts to the point im like WTF I should have gotten poker. In actually its worth the $10 bucks. Decent replay and you and friends can bust together online! Easy 200 as well

I am a GB fan so I enjoy pretty much anything GB wise. The AI is down right retarded or "special" in some cases especially running into and enemy to get down. (sigh) Overall I think it is a good game. Good replay value, online coop, fairly easy 200, and $10. Not to bad of a price if I say so myself but others may find the price to be too much. I would suggest checking out some youtube vids to see how you like the gameplay. It does get repetative at times but its about an hour to 4 hours depending on if you rely on AI. I would suggest not.