Achievement Guide

flip

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guide. im almost done my first play through now, pretty much just have to fight the final boss. once i finish, i get 100 for beating him and 100 for not harvesting any LSs. that would only leave me with beating the game on hard. ill just play through it on hard and get the harvester ending since i want to see that one too, anyways.

Do you have to take pictures of all the enemies to get the PhD achievement, even if you only need the Little Sister photo achievement on your second play through?

You will have to research everything again. Nothing carries over.

when you don't kill Sander Cohen does he open his living room right away or does he do it later in the game. I just went on with the game without killing him. Did i miss the chance to kill him and/or get into his room.

Check the FAQ thread. His apartment is in a future level.

some one should add in the guide that to get the tonic achievement you need to save all the little sisters

and you should NOT buy any health/eye increase upgrades because you will run out of adam and dont buy any plasmids that you wont use for your playing style because plasmids dont go too any achievements

i've seen tons of people saying that they ran out of adam and cant get the achievement

(you can buy some health/eye upgrades just dont buy more then maybe 3 total)

some one should add in the guide that to get the tonic achievement you need to save all the little sisters

and you should NOT buy any health/eye increase upgrades because you will run out of adam and dont buy any plasmids that you wont use for your playing style because plasmids dont go too any achievements

i've seen tons of people saying that they ran out of adam and cant get the achievement

(you can buy some health/eye upgrades just dont buy more then maybe 3 total)

Yeah this is mentioned twice in the FAQs.

80x3+200=440

160x3=480

You get more by ADAM by Harvesting, but you will not get all the tonics for the achievement and you won't get as much money, plasmids or ammo either.

Rescuing should always be the way to go unless you're playing for fun and want the second ending.

They did say that you cant get all the plasmids and tonics

A few things I would like to point out.

!) Did I miss a few achievements in the guide?? I did not see Irony or Find Cohen's Room

2) Speaking of the two achievements... If you want to get both in the same play thru here is how... After you finish his masterpiece and he comes down stairs and opens the glass that has the tonic save. Kill him and take his photo and you will get the Irony achievement. The hit the pause button and reload you save and you will have the Irony achievement and still be able to get into his apartment later in the game after you kill the dancers.

3) Also on the slots save before you play and if you run out of cash just reload and start over.

Fully Research "x" Splicer

- You'll get these once you get the Increased Damage+++ research special. Take as many pictures as you can while the game will still give you research points to get this easier. I suggest buying 100 rolls at a Circus of Value vending machine so that you don't worry about using up all your film while taking pictures. You will get these once you get the research bar full FOUR times for each of them.

I think you should add the what makes you gain & lose how much Research you get from something.

Gain:

Splicer/Machine/Big Daddy Doing Action

Multiple Splicers/Machines/Big Daddies in Picture

Lose:

Splicer/Big Daddy Dead

Already took picture of Splicer/Machine/Big Daddy/Little Sister

Note:

You can't take a picture of a machine after you hack it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/271/0Tc8P2Ni.jpg

Fully Researched Spider Splicer (10) - Fully research the Spider Splicer with your camera(the ones that climb ceilings and have hooks for hands, you can find these more commonly in Fort Frolic).

[spoiler=Sub] When Andrew Ryan blows up the sub with Atlas' family in it, a lot of Spider Splicers will die in the explosion. They won't be worth a ton of Research, but they should give you at least half a bar.

I think you should add the what makes you gain & lose how much Research you get from something.

Gain:

Splicer/Machine/Big Daddy Doing Action

Multiple Splicers/Machines/Big Daddies in Picture

Lose:

Splicer/Big Daddy Dead

Already took picture of Splicer/Machine/Big Daddy/Little Sister

Note:

You can't take a picture of a machine after you hack it.

[spoiler=Sub] When Andrew Ryan blows up the sub with Atlas' family in it, a lot of Spider Splicers will die in the explosion. They won't be worth a ton of Research, but they should give you at least half a bar.

character limit is the reason i couldn't do this man, otherwise i would

You ain't kidding, I have 500 dollars, saved right before I start at a slot machine... and out of money 5 times and the best I can get is that damn $ $ Head!!!!! or 3 apples.

EDIT - I finally got it!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this was mentioned already, I skimmed through the posts rather quickly...

I spent about $50 on the slots with no avail, until I finally tried the following - pulled the slot arm to get the dials spinning, and as it was still moving, shocked the machine with electrobolt. I got $$$ right away.

Again, I'm not sure if this really worked, or it was pure coincidence. Can anyone confirm?

:confused:

Alright quick question for cohens room achievement, I killed all of his hits and then watched him open the safe to get the tonic (the one that increases med-pac usefulness) but then he just looks at his art again, what do I need to do?

EDIT: also an easy way to get the 40 hacks/research security bots is to find a checkpoint near a camera, set off the camera. 2 bots come snap some pictures and then zap em' and hack em'. More bots will come as you hack more so if you don't want to risk your bots killing others simply deactivate them after hacking them.