Warning. It strikes again, this time unexpectedly.

Puppys

So I just beat the career mode. I spent 25 hours writing the achievement guide, boosting tracks, etc. I was sitting on level 26 with 13 tracks mastered, including the gruesome Infineon AND Watkins Glen.

I gotten every pin from invintational events, which took me several hours tweaking setups for infineon and Atlanta. I was running the last event i needed, the Legends Race at Daytona. On my first run, I nabbed 4/5 and hit restart to grab Jimmie Johnson. My game freezes about halfway into the lap.

When I load my xbox back up, it was gone. EVERYTHING was gone. 0 wins, 0 top 5's, 0 tracks mastered, 0 pins, 0 fastest laps. I literally took the game out , put it in the case, and threw it.

I'm sorry if I come off a bit ruthless, but I feel like this is the worst possible thing to happen to us. I am NOT the first. I just want this to be a warning to anyone else... BACK THE GAME SAVE UP AT ALL TIMES. I do not have a memory unit other than the HDD, so I was very cautious not to race online, since this was the problem for everyone elses resets, including my friends.

I will not be racing on Nascar 2011 anytime soon, but I will continue to update my guide as best as possible. I wish best of luck to you all. I wasted a good 25 hours going around in circles/writing a guide in the last week, and its all for nothing.

Update: my game survived the throw (the case is destroyed, haha) and I know have a usb drive to back up the save every 5 minutes so this doesn't happen again. I will be starting up again soon, and I will update as soon as I can on the roadmap.

Edited by Puppys

It just keeps getting better and better. so this afternoon i put 2 hours into the game, and got through the career to about race 17. I also redid some fast laps, and luckily got a glitch to give me the road course fast laps. So tonight i put another 2.5 hours into the game, and after looking at some pins, I dashboard to back up my save again.

GUESS WHAT?!?!?!?! It was gone. nothing there to back up. Sure enough, When i loaded th game back up, NOTHING. No freezing this time, no online play, no nothing... I simply went to the dashboard to back it up again and its gone.

I don't know what to do. I simply cannot play this game any more, I have now lost 28 hours of gameplay... i just can't play it any more.

When I load my xbox back up, it was gone. EVERYTHING was gone. 0 wins, 0 top 5's, 0 tracks mastered, 0 pins, 0 fastest laps. I literally took the game out , put it in the case, and threw it.

How far did you have to walk to pick it up? xD

That seriously sucks though, hope it doesn't happen to me. Though I am going to have to restart eventually once I get to level 30 because my level 20 achievement never popped.

Luckily the window wasn't open or it would have been in the street. ;) But yeah, I would recommend to back up the save, and have added that to the roadmap to save before 10, 20, and 30 just in case.

@Parker, if you seen my sig i think you can figure that one out haha... I do like NASCAR but not enough.

I had my save disappear after my first 4 hours play. Finished painting a car, and when I tried to save the paint scheme it popped up "insufficient memory, please select a different device". I had 50+ gb available :confused:. So I left without saving, and played some more. Multiple times the autosave logo appeared with no more errors. Turned the game off, came back later and it was all gone :mad:

Try Downloading It, or Trying Clear System Cach That Work For Me ...

Game was certainly downloaded. btw if you guys haven't read in the recent roadmap update, there are almost 450 threads on bugs for this game... Looks like this is a game developer worth skipping in the future. I have counted at least 50 people on the forums and here who have lost their save... Some worse than mine.

I am not touching the game anymore till they patch it...Even while backing up my save. It is a great game as far as driving and wrecking, but other than that its a glitchfest.

I have barely been checking the forums, not many ppl play this game anyways, but I will keep my guide updated when I get more information.

I'm with all of you about to send the game back & start putting my time in a different game, I'm glad I read this because I was going to send this game back to gamefly & tell them that it's messed up, but after reading all the posts about this game I know different. Just to let everyone know the problems I've encountered, first the game froze while I was raceing the first race @ daytona I think it was lap 50 or so, I do the races on 100% laps. This game really p***ed me off last night because I was raceing the 2nd race in career mode which is @ California & again I was at 100% on laps so it's like 250 laps, well I was actualy doing good had over 50,000 nxp & like 125 fastest laps so anyway there was like 40 laps left in the race, I was going to pit and there was a wreck in front of me heading on to pit road, so I swerved out of the way. The reply started & at the bottom it said to press the x button if u wanted to pit so I did, when the coumputer took control of my car & entered pit road it took my car down pit road but never pitted the car, then it kept control of the car and never lined the cars to restart the race the cars including mine just kept going around the track @ full speed except for a few cars behind the pace car. My car among others were wrecking alot my car was on it's side for about 5 mins while the computer was driving it, finally some of the other cars hit me & got my car back on all 4 but for some reason the cars never lined up so the race never could restart. I let it go like this for about 15 mins before retireing from the race. About the only good thing is that it saves the qualifying position so I don't have to do that again. I guess since so many people are haveing trouble with this game I'll wait awhile before buying it but since I have it from gamefly I'll keep it a bit longer & give it another try.

• 2 months later...