Switching from Single Player to Last Man Mutation counts!

hypermetalsonic

Just did this for the Parish campaign!!

Played first 4 acts ON EASY in single player up till the last safe room...

Choose to quit to menu and jumped back in on final act through Mutation and enabled Expert.. I was surprised it worked. Just need to do this for Hard Rain and Swamp and I'll be done.

just thought I'd share... takes the stress out of playing Last Man

Wait, so play through a normal campagain, quit in saferoom of finale, load up expert last man of that finale, get credit? That right?

Yes, I tried it yesterday and it does work. But I'd suggest only trying it on Dark Carnival and Dead Center, as it's easier then using the quit out and join method with other people. All the other levels are easier with other people. Especially Hard Rain.

Wait, so play through a normal campagain, quit in saferoom of finale, load up expert last man of that finale, get credit? That right?

yup.. Worked for me on Hard Rain too.

Havent been able to do it with Swamp Fever yet cause the Finale kicks my ass

Yes, I tried it yesterday and it does work. But I'd suggest only trying it on Dark Carnival and Dead Center, as it's easier then using the quit out and join method with other people. All the other levels are easier with other people. Especially Hard Rain.

Oh.. well Hard Rain is a piece-o-cake aswell in Last Man mode using the Jesus table ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuAdNm3WjOU&playnext=1&list=PL33E3786C93684F6C]YouTube - Left 4 Dead 2 - Hard Rain Finale Glitch - Jesus Table[/ame]

Edited by hypermetalsonic

so I decide to try this, and it was the easiest thing in the world, seriously the only thing I used was an adrenaline shot to get to the boat fast. I can't believe I finished that finale legitimately >.< oh well I guess I can feel good about myself or something for surviving two tanks on a small little roof :/

this would have saved me like an hour.

yup.. Worked for me on Hard Rain too.

Havent been able to do it with Swamp Fever yet cause the Finale kicks my ass

Oh.. well Hard Rain is a piece-o-cake aswell in Last Man mode using the Jesus table ;)

Damn, wish I had known about that trick before trying it legit for like 90 minutes. I basically had a gracious friend help me using the quit out method for this level. Dark Carnival on the other hand is definitely easier using The Last Man On Earth mutation.

I did this on Dark Carnival and The Parish, so it definitely works.

Can't believe how easy the bridge was using LMOE, I had 2 adrenalin shots in the safe room so I grabbed one, hit the switch for the bridge and stood next to the other shot in the safe room while it lowered and the second the barrier dropped I took one a shot and picked up the other one.

The first ran out as I met the tank (I heard a jockey and a spitter but never saw them, guess they couldn't keep up) an I used the second shot then (got lucky as just as I took it the tank hit me with a rock, so I didn't drop) and then got a third shot on the higher part of the bridge by the Humvee. After that it was easy to just run to the chopper.

I'm wondering how hard Swamp Fever and Dead Center will be with LMOE though?

I'm wondering how hard Swamp Fever and Dead Center will be with LMOE though?

Dead Center is really easy and I got through it in just 16 minutes. The only tricky part is the finale but if you have a molotov, when the tank comes, just light up the tank and kite it until it dies then get back to gassing up the car.

Swamp Fever on the other hand is REALLY hard. Here is how I did the finale: Keep a molotov for the finale and when you get to the house in the finale, look around for adrenaline (unless you have a shot), a health kit if you need one (they are always on a table outside), an ammo cache (either upstairs or outside), a melee weapon (there is usually one upstairs) and another molotov (or 2 if you have not got a molotov). If you cant find enough molotovs, you should be able to find at least 2 gas cans. If you cant even find those, no way you are going to beat the finale. To find the place you are camping out in, stand at the foot of the stairs with your back to them and walk right. You should walk through a hallway and on the left side of the hallway will be a door. Through this door will be a small bathroom. You will camp out here. Once you are ready, start the finale.

Run to the bathroom and just camp there with your melee weapon. The moment you see something come in, slash at it with your melee weapon. If a Spitter gets its acid in the bathroom, jump onto one of the toilets. When you hear the tank music, run outside and either light up the tank with a molotov or lure it to a gas can and shoot it when it is near the gas can. Once it is on fire, just run around the garden in a wide circle until it dies, being wary of other special infected. If you need to heal, pop an adrenaline shot, hide behind something and heal up. Grab a health kit if you need to at any point. Once the tank is dead, run to the bathroom and repeat everything for a second time. The only difference is there are TWO tanks. Try to light both of them up with one molotov or gas can. Once they are both dead, stand near the gate and as soon as it blows up, pop an adrenaline shot if you have one and run for the boat. Once you are in the boat, you are one step closer to Still Got Something to Prove.

Just did this for the Parish campaign!!

Played first 4 acts ON EASY in single player up till the last safe room...

Choose to quit to menu and jumped back in on final act through Mutation and enabled Expert.. I was surprised it worked. Just need to do this for Hard Rain and Swamp and I'll be done.

just thought I'd share... takes the stress out of playing Last Man

Wait when you say "counts" you mean counts as an expert campaign completed, toward "Still Something To Prove" right?

If that's what you mean, I don't understand all the excitement. I never really played Last Man On Earth except to get it to count as a mutation. What's so special about it that makes it easier to do campaigns on expert? Isn't it just you against a ton of zombies with no teammates? Wouldn't that make it 10x harder to beat a campaign, since you have no one to save you if you get caught by a smoker, hunter, charger, jockey, etc.? Or am I missing something?

Please explain because Still Something To Prove is the last achievement I need, aside from Mutant Overlord. How is this easier than doing the finale on expert with the AI?

Edited by Necrophage33

Wait when you say "counts" you mean counts as an expert campaign completed, toward "Still Something To Prove" right?

If that's what you mean, I don't understand all the excitement. I never really played Last Man On Earth except to get it to count as a mutation. What's so special about it that makes it easier to do campaigns on expert? Isn't it just you against a ton of zombies with no teammates? Wouldn't that make it 10x harder to beat a campaign, since you have no one to save you if you get caught by a smoker, hunter, charger, jockey, etc.? Or am I missing something?

Please explain because Still Something To Prove is the last achievement I need, aside from Mutant Overlord.

There are no common infected, if you get pinned by something, you get one more life, health packs are all over the place and horde events are made pointless because of no common infected. Easiest 35G ever if you do it this way.

There are no common infected, if you get pinned by something, you get one more life, health packs are all over the place and horde events are made pointless because of no common infected. Easiest 35G ever if you do it this way.

Oh wow no common infected? I'm sold.

If you get pinned by something you get one more life? So if a hunter pounces me, I get to respawn once and retry without having to start all over?

Oh wow no common infected? I'm sold.

If you get pinned by something you get one more life? So if a hunter pounces me, I get to respawn once and retry without having to start all over?

You get up, go straight to your last life and have to heal up quickly.

You get up, go straight to your last life and have to heal up quickly.

Ah ok. Are there extra special infected spawning, since there are no common infected? Or is it normal gameplay minus common infected?

I imagine the bridge finale would be pretty easy with no common infected, using adrenaline. I didn't see a single special infected in my normal gameplay.

I only have Parish, Dark Carnival and Hard Rain left to do on expert. So I guess I could do:

Dark Carnival - jesus table

Hard Rain - jesus table

Parish - adrenaline and run down the left side the whole way

Ah ok. Are there extra special infected spawning, since there are no common infected? Or is it normal gameplay minus common infected?

I imagine the bridge finale would be pretty easy with no common infected, using adrenaline. I didn't see a single special infected in my normal gameplay.

I only have Parish, Dark Carnival and Hard Rain left to do on expert. So I guess I could do:

Dark Carnival - jesus table

Hard Rain - jesus table

Parish - adrenaline and run down the left side the whole way

Just normal gameplay minus common infected.

I am trying to do this for the Parish by just running through it on the left, does anyone know how you are supposed to get past the first tank? You cannot run past it and it is so hard to kill it, anyone have any tips?

EDIT: Got past it, I can confirm that once you get to the finale after beating the first 4 chapters on Easy, no matter how many times you die and restart at the safe room it will count once you complete the finale on Expert.

Edited by Der Fuhrer

did anyone else have an issue with hunters in LMOE where after it pounced you it would sit on top of you and suddenly kill you as you tried to get up?

half my deaths were hunters pouncing me out of no where and not having a chance to recover.

Yup. My raging and curses just kept getting louder everytime it happened. They were more annoying than Tanks and Jockeys combined.

I am trying to do this for the Parish by just running through it on the left, does anyone know how you are supposed to get past the first tank? You cannot run past it and it is so hard to kill it, anyone have any tips?

EDIT: Got past it, I can confirm that once you get to the finale after beating the first 4 chapters on Easy, no matter how many times you die and restart at the safe room it will count once you complete the finale on Expert.

I used adrenaline and ran right by him first try. I hugged left the whole way, then when I got to the tank I saw he was near the left side. So I swerved through some cars to the right side, then after I got past him I ran back to the left to get on the other side of the trucks you have to climb up, just to make sure he couldn't get me.

By the way, thank you OP. This worked great last night for the bridge finale. I'll be doing Hard Rain and Dark Carnival over the next two days and finally getting this achievement.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowning I've helped people :)

Swamp Fever Guide...

and Thanks for the guide.. Willing to try it one more time. :(

I've actually been camping under the wooden stairs that are outside to the far right (keeps special infected out, but Tanks can wiggle in "sometimes".. Not often if you light em up).

Only problem I have is avioding the tanks through the garden maze.. All it takes is one common infected to slow me down for a tank to catch up?? Did you suggest a specific gun to use? Probably over looked that.. (I also play through campaign with the trick I've mentioned here, so I never have a adrenalin shot with me.. Unless there's one laying around somewhere I dont know about??)

But like I said, this is my last attempt.. sick of this campaign. Will invite glitch if I have to -_-

Edited by hypermetalsonic

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside knowning I've helped people :)

and Thanks for the guide.. Willing to try it one more time. :(

I've actually been camping under the wooden stairs that are outside to the far right (keeps special infected out, but Tanks can wiggle in "sometimes".. Not often if you light em up).

Only problem I have is avioding the tanks through the garden maze.. All it takes is one common infected to slow me down for a tank to catch up?? Did you suggest a specific gun to use? Probably over looked that.. (I also play through campaign with the trick I've mentioned here, so I never have a adrenalin shot with me.. Unless there's one laying around somewhere I dont know about??)

But like I said, this is my last attempt.. sick of this campaign. Will invite glitch if I have to -_-

I managed to complete all 5 campaigns without using this method, it only took a few hours. I decided to do it normally due to the love of the game.

What I did for the finale of Swamp Fever is:

As soon as you use the radio, run up the middle and grab a gas can. Make a right so that you're on the right side of the mansion (as you look at it). Put the gas can down in the clearing then you can use the tree to shelter from Smoker attacks. As most of the Special Infected spawn inside of the Mansion, so these can be taken down as soon as you see them. As soon as the 1st Tank spawns, shoot the gas can so he alights and just run around the garden/maze. You won't even need to shoot at him as he'll eventually die. Watch out for Jockeys and Hunters as they'll kill you soon after decapitating you (assuming your playing the Last Man on Earth Mutation). Once the Tank is dead you'll have to deal with a few more Special Infected. You'll then have 2 Tanks to deal with. Use the same method as the first Tank to alight both of them. It might be easier to go inside the Mansion. Upstairs there are a couple of gas cans. Bait the Tanks towards you and set the gas can alight. Once they're both alight, just give them the run around again until the gate opens, then sprint to the boat.

It took me a few tries, but I got there in the end. I used the AK47 by the way. Alighting the Tanks is the most important part. Hope this helps.

Edited by timmeh9