Achievement Guide

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is out in the U.S. on June 7th correct?

Also, how hard would this game be to someone who has done all the CoDs on Veteran but hasn't gotten past the third mission on Dragon Rising? :p

The achievements that given me trouble is the 3 friends one because my friends refused to come online, And the rolling thunder FTE´s.

The rest of the game is cake, its just feels like a drag lvling the last classes, which is why ive been at 950 for about a week now.

1000/1000 difficulty 4/10 imo

• 3 weeks later...

Great guide :)

For 'Package Delivered', the cheevo for rescuing both pilots in CSAR mode, is it definitely the case that their helo doesn't need to be destroyed as well? I'm assuming it gets a little easier if you just leg it for the extraction point once you have them.

And can you issue commands to the pilots once you have found them? I don't think you can but maybe I missed something.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started this and cleared mission 2 in 37 minutes and still got gold; ill post if i get longer times than in the guide

EDIT mission 4 <49 minutes and gold :)

EDIT2 mission 6 <46 minutes and gold :)

EDIT3 mission 8 <42 minutes and gold :)

EDIT4 mission 9 < 51 minutes and gold :)

Edited by JohnnyBravo

I have to disagree with this guides advice for earning Gold medals on the missions. Although the time it takes you to complete the missions are slightly relevant (Obviously you can't take forever!)

Some missions Sgt. Knox will shout at you to complete your objective quickly. That's because you're a Marine and your objectives should be handled at a reasonably fast pace. It's also because sometimes you're on a time limit.

But my point is - how long you take isn't entirely dependable on whether you earn a Gold medal. You must complete most, if not ALL objectives given to earn a Gold medal.

I know what I'm saying may sound pathetically obvious to you all, but I chose to ignore ordering my squad to "Move" into the Town in Welcome to Tajikistan because I was playing Co-op and the human players could already see the HUD which was helping guide me into completing my objective. I saw this (as well as the orders such as to 'suppress' when you're opposite the enemy at the bridge) as simply an order, not an objective. When highlighting that I should order my squad to suppress, I was performing this myself.

Perhaps I'm a bit of a noob. But I didn't realise the first mission was like a Combat Tutorial until my third or fourth playthrough. I continually earnt the Bronze medal after completion, which puzzled me as I'd completed the mission cleanly each and every time. I'd simply left out several objectives which will prove costly.

If you've struggled to earn a Gold medal on Missions, you must complete every objective and complete them quickly while you're at it!

Edited by ell635

thanks for this, it helped alot ;)

Rule #4 20

Watch your bullet drop

In order to get this, you must kill a target from a great distance, usually more than 1000m(?). Try to aim above their head, so that you get the illution the bullet drops. AT weapons can also be used to get this; the last missions is a great opportunity.

thanks for this, it helped alot ;)

Rule #4 20

Watch your bullet drop

In order to get this, you must kill a target from a great distance, usually more than 1000m(?). Try to aim above their head, so that you get the illution the bullet drops. AT weapons can also be used to get this; the last missions is a great opportunity.

Alot of people have had trouble with this achievement.. I got it on i think my 3rd shot and because i got it so easily i killed another 5 or 6 dudes straight after for fun.. fully upgrade your sniper and follow that movie and you should get it easy as!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the video guide for rule number 4 us the LONG WAY, and even though you can do it that way... you do not need a scout class, when the above mission starts, there is a Barret next to the Humvee... use that from where the mission starts, see my youtube channel for more info.. I use a Grenedier class for the achievement

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Operation Flashpoint: Red River Achievement Guide

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for this guide! Made the game much more bearable. I thought it was boring. I tried it cuz everyone says it's more realistic and challenging. In many respects, it is, but that's what also made it boring. All that traveling, the forced conversations, and unskippable parts. Argh.

If this game is an example of a realistic game, then I'll gladly take my CoD/BF/Ghost Recon/Halo any day over this.