Is it really that bad what people say?

Jaska95

I have heard lot of opinions of this game. Some say its Horrible and waste of money.

Some say its Awesome and totally worth it.

I have some questions i would like to get answers from people who have played Brink:

1. Is campaign bad as people say?

2. Is AI game breaking stupid?

3. Is it repetitive?

I like these new ideas in games like Brotherhoods multiplayer and Red Factions multiplayer but im not sure about this game anymore because of reviews.

Should i get it now for 50€ or should i wait for Red Faction Armageddon or La Noire?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AI team mates are idiots -- they won't maintain their classes. If I get downed, EVERYONE changes to medics. I had to complete the 3rd Security chapter on my own after getting past the gate.

As for the campaign ..... with at least 2 or three people online with you, it should be a lot more interesting. Solo is frustrating even on easy.

Not sure about the repetitiveness, but if it stays the way it has, replay after finishing the campaigns will be Zero - without playing online at least.

I will be trading it in after I finish the campaigns - but if you enjoyed Unreal Tournament 3, you'll do well here.

Why it was so bad in you opinion?

I don't want just hear that its bad but WHY its bad/good :]

I have heard that they are going to release patch soon?

Also if you want play campaign coop do you have to invite people from your friend list or is there matchmaking?

Why it was so bad in you opinion?

I don't want just hear that its bad but WHY its bad/good :]

I have heard that they are going to release patch soon?

Also if you want play campaign coop do you have to invite people from your friend list or is there matchmaking?

It's an invite thing, or join in progress.

I find it comical seeing all of the complaints because it's not CoD'esque.

I'm so sick of CoD and all of it's hacks and cheats, to me Brink is a refreshing addition to FPS.

As far as repetitiveness, no more than any other game.

Is the A.I. Dumb? Yeah pretty much, just get your friends to join lol.

Every game is going to have it's faults, but everyones opinion is if it doesn't measure up to such and such games it's automatically crap.

If you think it may not be worth the money, rent it. I personally enjoy Brink and find it very fun.

Gaurantee everyone thats says its crap likes to have sex with their cod disks, brink is a real refreshing fps, ive completed the whole campaign on easy as it is tough but looking forward to playing it with friends soon, people bitch that its crap its a TEAM game its OBJECTIVE based not just mind numbing cod kill spree pish, playing your campaign with 8 friends against another 8 people??? thats new and graphics are excellent , not realistic by any means but they went for more cartoon like to make the custom character more detailed and more fun.

Wow, so much hate...

Who said that graphics are bad? Look at Black Ops, the game looks seriously outdated, i don't see you bitch about that >.>

Damn fanboys...

I've been playing Brink for quite a while, and i've enjoyed the hell out of it. I don't know about people having constant lag issues, but i have been playing lag free the whole time online. It's not perfect, but it isn't horrible by a long shot. I'm glad to play something original and unique, because the FPS genre is being held in place by COD and it progresses in a snail's pace. Nowadays almost every FPS Multiplayer mode is a plain copy of Call of Duty, but i like how Brink is somewhat fresh and feels new. Good job, Splash Damage! I hope they make Brink 2 and they will fresh out the game into perfection! ;)

People hate this game cause there's no precious aim assist like there is in CoD. Basically, they suck at the game and just say it's horrible. Brink is 100x better than CoD.

Aim assist is here too, don't be such a hypocrite... But IMO it really is better then CoD. This game encourages teamwork, while CoD is just a brain numbing run&gun.

IMO this game is pretty awesome after a few MP games before lag started kicking in. Every game is rough in the beginning. Couldn't play BFBC2 because of servers, CoD BO players couldn't play in a party, and GoW2 which I won't even get into. These game became better and playable. The same will happen with Brink.

To those saying that they hate it: Are you actually playing with your team and completing side objectives or lone wolfing it like you do in pretty much every other FPS?

Be a team player and the game changes.

To put it simply, the game is a bit different. I played it for four hours last night, and I feel as if I can't even begin to give a proper opinion on it. I think the reason a lot of folks are so put off by it is because it feels so foreign, and they are too impatient to give it a proper chance. Their loss, I suppose. I say rent it if you can, but if "class-based team shooter" sounds like your kind of thing, then just buy it. OH. And it would probably help if you have friends to play with. ;3

It's an invite thing, or join in progress.

I find it comical seeing all of the complaints because it's not CoD'esque.

I'm so sick of CoD and all of it's hacks and cheats, to me Brink is a refreshing addition to FPS.

I used to play CoD 4-5 hours a night, me and 6 or 7 guys back when MW came out, they all stopped playing CoD games after MW2. I've played a bit of Black Ops online and will play MW3 campaign but I'm pretty sure I won't be playing CoD online again, hopefully Battlefield 3 will live up to expectations.

As far as repetitiveness, no more than any other game.

Agreed, it's a little bit simple, run to point A, do something, run to point B, do something, etc but it does actually work, I like it.

Is the A.I. Dumb? Yeah pretty much, just get your friends to join lol.

I wouldn't say the AI is overly dumb compared to other games, in fact very few games have what I would class as good AI. I'm getting sick of reading devs boast about how they're AI is so amazing and it turns out to be rubbish I spent hours trying to do GoW2 co-op on insane only to have to keep retrying because Carmine is a bellend.

Every game is going to have it's faults, but everyones opinion is if it doesn't measure up to such and such games it's automatically crap.

If you think it may not be worth the money, rent it. I personally enjoy Brink and find it very fun.

To be fair to the people who have said they don't like Brink it isn't anything special, it's good, it's different but it's a 60-70% game at best. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet so can't comment on the lag but I hope it's not too bad since their are probably MP achievements.

brink is a good change of pace. it really focuses on the team. ppl sayits repetitive but so is COD, HALO, GEARS and so on. i have the game and so do my buddys, so it makes it alot more interesting playing a game wit 7 other ppl. i have had no lag online at all really smooth. everyone stays busy. i agree the bots are dumb but in alot of games now.....well...they all are. People need to give it a chance and let it ride out. the SMART system is awesome if you play with the call of ..im sorry...duty calls control scheme. customization is great, unlocking add ons and such through the challenges.

Brink is a love it or hate it game. but i just dont think ppl are giving it a chance

It is not a bad game at all. Anyone who says it is terrible is a moron. I find it quite fun! I love the blended gameplay elements. The game is balanced, the missions are fun, and so is co-op and versus. The game isn't about having an epic story or being the most innovative game on the market, it is about creating your own character and having a fun time!