Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down to just needing Tough as Nails. I have 2 finished in Hard Mode and 2 or 3 finished in Versus. I just hate how every other match I enter online is super laggy.

Now, does it matter if it's a public or private game in Versus? And when you go to Public, it's always versus, right? Since it doesn't give you a choice to change it...

Also, I don't know why you keep saying that you have to get the Audio Logs on Versus, because it's a lot easier to get them in Solo. Seriously, just choose Prison Break, change to Engineer, Plant a mine in front of the conduit, Set a turret up around it, too, and survive for like 7 minutes. That's how I got the last 20, after playing through the campaign twice and screwing around with friends.

Best Solo XP Boosting Method:

Character:

Make sure you are a heavy class, with the Chinzor MG as a primary weapon. Add attachments to suit your personal needs. Buy the Caltrop grenade for the Operative class, if possible, and set Operative as your default class.

Mission:

Start the last Security Mission (Day 8: Fallout), on solo easy. As an operative, make sure you select "Defend Vent System" on your objective wheel, and run to the room where the vents are located. Now you will wait until enemies come to attack these points, and whenever you kill them, disguise yourself for a 125xp bonus. You will also be getting "defending" points for being near the objective. Keep running between the two rooms, and disguising yourself whenever you get the chance. Try to stay away from dying. Also, make sure to throw a caltrop grenade into the doorway of one of the vent rooms, to get points when enemies walk into the room. It will also warn you that they are coming. You should be able to about 1,000 xp every minute, and get a bonus for being successful (15%). At the end, just "retry" the mission if you want to continue boosting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKbNmGMwlEo]YouTube - Brink - Solo XP Boosting Method - Rank 5 Achievement - 13,000+ XP in 10 minutes![/ame]

is there a way to check what missions you won and need to win for "Tough as Nails" achievement? b/c I think I won all(including What If's) lvls for both sides and no achievevment. Any suggestions ???

Unfortunately no. I played through each missions twice in Versus and got it, but I was also hoping you could check using the star tracker that is advertised on the menu. But apparently that isn't even up yet.

I'm down to just needing Tough as Nails. I have 2 finished in Hard Mode and 2 or 3 finished in Versus. I just hate how every other match I enter online is super laggy.

Now, does it matter if it's a public or private game in Versus? And when you go to Public, it's always versus, right? Since it doesn't give you a choice to change it...

Also, I don't know why you keep saying that you have to get the Audio Logs on Versus, because it's a lot easier to get them in Solo. Seriously, just choose Prison Break, change to Engineer, Plant a mine in front of the conduit, Set a turret up around it, too, and survive for like 7 minutes. That's how I got the last 20, after playing through the campaign twice and screwing around with friends.

It has to be Online Versus, if you're asking about the Tough As Nails achievement. You can't do it in a private game.

Also, why would you choose to play defense to get your last audio logs? Defense is boring, takes forever, and hardly gets you any XP. I much much prefer running through Terminal on Security side (offense). You get 3000XP per run and it goes really quick (about 3-4 minutes per run). Put on a light body type so you run faster. I got my last audio logs this way, and it's so much faster than waiting while defending.

It has to be Online Versus, if you're asking about the Tough As Nails achievement. You can't do it in a private game.

Also, why would you choose to play defense to get your last audio logs? Defense is boring, takes forever, and hardly gets you any XP. I much much prefer running through Terminal on Security side (offense). You get 3000XP per run and it goes really quick (about 3-4 minutes per run). Put on a light body type so you run faster. I got my last audio logs this way, and it's so much faster than waiting while defending.

It's a quick 7 minutes, and I was already at level 20. I got my last few in games with friends, but to whittle them down to a good number, I just used that one. I did like 4 at a time, then went and did things IRL. lol

I have shot people that were disguised but did not get the achievement a few times. Were you maybe an Operative ? When you focused to shoot maybe it revealed him. Maybe others can comment too and I'll change it.

I have them in this order because it's what the site has them as. I may change it to class specific and spruce things up if more people think it's needed. Thanks for the input, appreciate it!

My thoughts exactly regarding the spotting achievement.

Love the guide mate, always refreshing to see one that follows the guide guidelines :)

Still going to go over and see if anything can be added.

I didn't use videos becaue I figured the game is so straight-forward that none needed to be posted. Anyone think a video for a certain achievement is going to be needed?

Coming up on next edit:

-Going to add more description on Audio Logs

-Grammar

-Look at Maka's Challenge thread

-Edit descriptions to mention if it's easily boosted and maybe how

Still going to go over and see if anything can be added.

I didn't use videos becaue I figured the game is so straight-forward that none needed to be posted. Anyone think a video for a certain achievement is going to be needed?

Coming up on next edit:

-Going to add more description on Audio Logs

-Grammar

-Look at Maka's Challenge thread

-Edit descriptions to mention if it's easily boosted and maybe how

Consider adding some info on the easiest ways to boost xp for rank 5 too, I know quite a few people who have been looking for good ways.

The method I posted (with disguising operative) can be found in a few brink threads, page 2 of this thread (I think), and the highest rated TA solution for reaching rank 5. Like always, you are free to use any of that information. ;) As far as I've seen, it is the best solo (non-idle) boosting method around.

so i finished the game on both sides but didnt get tough as nails. what did i do wrong?

i have played both by myself and with a friend to do all the missions.

also, if you create a new characters, does th audio logs not carry over? or do you basically have to do it all over. i didnf complete the challenges before hand.

thanks.

so i guess i didnt move it from coop to versus.

whats the diff? so far a have only noticed that you cant skip the beginning cut scenes. anything else.

Co-op can be set to easy, normal or hard. And, in order to count towards "Tough as nails" it has to be set to hard.

Versus has no difficulty setting (since you have human opponents).

And, yes, the versus games still count even if there aren't any opponents at your rank (and you specified your rank only when you launched). We got the achievement for a friend purposely de-leveling our secondary slots and keeping the versus AI at rank 1 (i.e. no pesky high level abilities). We didn't have any 'recent players' in our XBL list, and didn't see any opponents that even appeared to be human.

so i finished the game on both sides but didnt get tough as nails. what did i do wrong?

i have played both by myself and with a friend to do all the missions.

also, if you create a new characters, does th audio logs not carry over? or do you basically have to do it all over. i didnf complete the challenges before hand.

thanks.

You have to finish both sides on hard (which is a total b*tch) or on versus.

The audio logs are common to all of your characters. Actually, the "Tough as nails" progress is common to all of your chars, too (unlike the story completion acheivements). So, you can simply complete those levels needed with your new slot.

Sadly, the game does NOT show you which dificulty/mode you completed the levels on, so unless you kept track of which were on hard/versus, there isn't a way to determine which ones you need to re-do.

I have just put up an Audio Log Guide -- Complete/Final

Edited by A. Gamer