Easy But Long Way To Get 'Hard As Nails'

TheLostMoment

Sorry if this method has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere :)

This is time-consuming and people won't thank you for it but here's what I've been doing:

Set up a campaign with 'Everyone' and 'Versus'.

Start the game.

Now go enjoy your day! I just turn the telly off and get on with my life - the game doesn't kick you for being idle so eventually your team will win the mission and proceed to the next. Just keep checking every hour or so to make sure you haven't lagged out.

And that's it! You can get all campaign achievements without lifting a god damn finger.

UPDATE: I can now confirm I have EVERY campaign achievement from doing this. Took about 6 hours, just watched some dvds!

Edited by TheLostMoment

Well, game was pretty funny and leveling up was super fast (rank 5 in 10 hours), so idling feels kind... very stypid. Why even buy game if you dont want to play it? "Hard As Nails" is just how this game should play, player versus player, you can achieve it easily just lifting your god damn finger... just a little bit.

That's fair enough guys, each to their own. Just know that I only rented the game, and on discovering just what a steaming pile of shit it is I myself preferred doing this :)

Yer we get that, but just because you dont enjoy the game doesnt mean you should make it worse for others! Now all the little pratts will be trying this and we'll be stuck in a room full of vegetables... cheers mate

Yer we get that, but just because you dont enjoy the game doesnt mean you should make it worse for others! Now all the little pratts will be trying this and we'll be stuck in a room full of vegetables... cheers mate

Oh, I'm sorry - I thought this was a website for ACHIEVEMENTS. There is nothing honorable about boosting in any way shape or form on any game - if you boost for anything in public matches people are gonna be pissed at you. The tagline of this site is 'every point counts'. All I've done is show a method for getting the big ones.

The bottom line is that simply by coming onto this forum, people are not trying to get legit achievements. They are trying to find shortcuts and easy methods. And anyway, I would've thought the crippling lag and repetitive gameplay would do a good enough job of spoiling this game for others.

this is really annoying as when i was playing the game there was 4 of my team mates all idle and i couldn't even complete the objectives as i was outnumbered!!

This is so true. It's actually much quicker and easier if you get off your arse and help. The match can be over in minutes on most maps. However, people sitting idle drags it out even longer. Really is quicker and just as easy to play properly. Only took me a few hours to do them all so really no excuse at this juncture to sit idle. Just my opinion.

Well said lostMoment!

Completely agree, on both sides :p

Yes I've seen alot more ppl do this recently in last couple of days, and o it is freaking annoying, especialy if worked ass off and going for the last push (no inuendo intended)

BUT he's completely nailed it, this is an achievement website, and granted u can think to itself "Urgh, what's the point!!" but u don't NEED to express that on the forums (well unless its a constant problem every match ur in).

If there is a crazy abundance of ppl doing it though, just go in the forums n get a decent group together!!

I did like this game, and loved TF2, but from my point of view now, id rather trade in an spend less money on getting new titles, rather than playing a game I've now cleared, once in a while. While its gd, its not great.

I probably wouldn't have said I'd done this, but to each their own. One time all of my bots were busy protecting a command point we already had, leaving me and 2 other humans to beat a team of 8. Still won, but damn this game's AI is bad.

So you say you got all campaign achievements this way, do you mean the achievements for completing the campaign or every achievement apart from the online achievement. I would say if it is only the complete campaign achievement then this is really not worth doing due to the fact that all the other achievements you could get at the same time playing legit.

How many achievements points did you get after your 6 hours. Thanks.

I am not flaming your method I think it is epic & if you have a few hours spare then why not.

That's some idea. Having spent 1.5 hours getting this achievement by actually enjoying the game and playing with friends, with no lag what-so-ever I may add, I find this kind of apathetic way of getting an achievement extremely pathetic and juvenile to say the least. Making excuses to justify this idea just prooves how ridiculous some people are.

There's a difference between griefing and boosting. If you need to grief to boost, you probably shouldn't be doing it, at least if you don't want to be a dick. This game has enough problems without players idle-boosting and ruining team balance.

Youre correct Moment, the tag line is Every Point Counts and i know what you mean about the boosting etc. But last time i checked this forum is to help gamers get the most out of their games, not to teach you how to cripple other peoples games. Your talking about the lag and repetitive gameplay getting to you then you suggest this, your adding to the problem!

Fair enough if people want to do it its up to them - But your taking the one thing this game has going for it (co-op) and destroying it. If you have so much of a problem with it, sod off back to CoD!

Wow, didn't realise this would generate so much hate! Thanks guys. Yes, this method sucks. And I did say 'easy but LONG' way to get it. I'm sure its much more enjoyable to get legit, but like I said I just don't like the game - and its ironic that I'm being told to sod of back to COD (which I hate by the way, I'm a Battlefield guy so I do know decent MP when I see it) when the only legit games I've played are full of dicks racking up kills rather than doing objectives! I don't really care about justifying myself to anyone, this is the first time I've posted a method up on any game in this forum and maybe I was naive to think people would go for it. If its doing more harm than good and not being a 'proper' way to boost then I'm sure a moderator will take it down and that's fair enough. Having said that, EVERY SINGLE game forum I've ever used on this website (and there's been a lot) are FULL of glitches and exploits to make getting achievements easier. I just don't see this as any different. When you consider the amount of people who will have bought Brink to play normally compared to the amount of people that will use this website, then I really don't think you have anything to get so butthurt about :)

well anything that suggests going afk while others are playing a game will do that. idle methods that do not hinder anyone else playing the game is cool.

yes, this game is frustrating and it is very tempting to set down a controller to get through it. but it's still pretty easy to play normally and those having to play the game to win for you have more work to do because one less gun is helping them out in a game they prolly don't enjoy either ;)

and yes, battlefield is the best online game out there :)

Well said lostMoment!

Completely agree, on both sides :p

Yes I've seen alot more ppl do this recently in last couple of days, and o it is freaking annoying, especialy if worked ass off and going for the last push (no inuendo intended)

BUT he's completely nailed it, this is an achievement website, and granted u can think to itself "Urgh, what's the point!!" but u don't NEED to express that on the forums (well unless its a constant problem every match ur in).

If there is a crazy abundance of ppl doing it though, just go in the forums n get a decent group together!!

I did like this game, and loved TF2, but from my point of view now, id rather trade in an spend less money on getting new titles, rather than playing a game I've now cleared, once in a while. While its gd, its not great.

I'm in the SAME EXACT SITUATION as you are. I got this game hoping for a graphically awesome combination of TF2 and Mirror's Edge, but what I got was something a lot lower than my expectations. I 1000'd it in 2 days without much difficulty, and now am trading it in for L.A. Noire tomorrow.

Great way to do it mate dont worry about what these pricks/hyprocrites are saying, If your like me and spend 5 hours losing every mission you play, your gonna start looking for methods like this, so I will be doing this. we all boost achs therefore we all at some point have ruined someones gaming experience, simple we are ach whores.

Edited by SWAGGART