Achievement Guide and Roadmap

The Reaper0

My colleague found a method to farm scraps yesterday and we both completed the Scraps Collected challenge this way in order to get the Raz Sweater for Razputin achievement. You can also complete the Emplacements Deployed challenge while you're farming for scraps. Here's how we did it:

Play the final boss fight in Pacific solo, bring whatever weapons you like and choose a chassis that allows you to set Support Emplacement, preferably the Scraps magnet thingy, just remember to bring a Gungnir sniper cannon or other long range weapons with you so you can defeat the boss and end the mission. First thing you do is shoot its 4 weak spots when the protective force field is off, just as you normally would when you play this stage. Then collect all the scraps and set some magnet emplacements along the beach. Once the boss re-emerges from the sea, just ignore it, what you want is to wait for it to do its thunder-lightning attack, every time a thunder strikes, a huge amount of scraps is dropped onto the beach from one end to the other, and your magnet emplacements will do all the collecting. Your mech will break down from time to time but you can revive yourself by pressing the button prompted on screen, the mission will never end as long as you don't defeat the boss and you can farm all the scraps to your heart's content. Once you start racking up those scraps, you'll literally have infinite amount of scraps to upgrade and build emplacements, both my colleague and I got to a point where we quite literally had no more space on the beach to build any more emplacements, and all those magnets emplacements will count toward your Emplacements Deployed challenge. Once you feel you've collected enough scraps, just kill the boss and end the mission. My colleague played this stage for an hour and farmed a total of around 12000+ scraps, I did it for 30 minutes and got 6000+. I don't know how many scraps you can farm in Volcano, but IMO this method feels a lot easier and effortless in comparison.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My colleague found a method to farm scraps yesterday and we both completed the Scraps Collected challenge this way in order to get the Raz Sweater for Razputin achievement. You can also complete the Emplacements Deployed challenge while you're farming for scraps. Here's how we did it:

Play the final boss fight in Pacific solo, bring whatever weapons you like and choose a chassis that allows you to set Support Emplacement, preferably the Scraps magnet thingy, just remember to bring a Gungnir sniper cannon or other long range weapons with you so you can defeat the boss and end the mission. First thing you do is shoot its 4 weak spots when the protective force field is off, just as you normally would when you play this stage. Then collect all the scraps and set some magnet emplacements along the beach. Once the boss re-emerges from the sea, just ignore it, what you want is to wait for it to do its thunder-lightning attack, every time a thunder strikes, a huge amount of scraps is dropped onto the beach from one end to the other, and your magnet emplacements will do all the collecting. Your mech will break down from time to time but you can revive yourself by pressing the button prompted on screen, the mission will never end as long as you don't defeat the boss and you can farm all the scraps to your heart's content. Once you start racking up those scraps, you'll literally have infinite amount of scraps to upgrade and build emplacements, both my colleague and I got to a point where we quite literally had no more space on the beach to build any more emplacements, and all those magnets emplacements will count toward your Emplacements Deployed challenge. Once you feel you've collected enough scraps, just kill the boss and end the mission. My colleague played this stage for an hour and farmed a total of around 12000+ scraps, I did it for 30 minutes and got 6000+. I don't know how many scraps you can farm in Volcano, but IMO this method feels a lot easier and effortless in comparison.

Volcano is about 2500 every 15 - 20 minutes I think. I'll test out your method in a little while and I might possibly incorporate.

Edited by The Reaper0

is this only available to us players? or will it arrive on EU market place at some time?

I live in Australia. There are other countries on earth :D So it is actually just selected eu territories that are affected. They have said quite openly that it will be available some time in eu.

We’ve had players in Europe reporting that they can’t find the game on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Where is TRENCHED in Europe? We’re glad you asked! We were planning to ship the game simultaneously in all territories but we’ve run into some snags! This has nothing to do with the fact that English is really hard to translate into German. We love German… it’s a beautiful language! Honest! We’re trying very hard to resolve our European problems as quickly as we can. We’re sorry for the inconvenience to all of our European friends. We want to play TRENCHED with you guys really badly! We’re not sure when these issues will be taken care of but we’ll let you know as soon as things are straightened out! Thanks!

Love,

Double Fine

^^^^^

A quick google.

An alternative to the quickshooter achievement is to shoot at a group of aerials with the wolverine.

I can see how that would work if you're talking about the Trickshooter achievement that is, but I don't think it would be as easy as shooting a wall on an angle.

i found it much more complicate shooting at walls then just randomly shoot into large groups of enemies.

it works pretty well on volcano when shooting the flying enemies or the bug like enemies (those with the shell on the head) when coming around the first corner on the left site when they are more close to each other.

I did thx. I can post wherever i want to find people because i think there is no law that says dont try to find people here...i just try'd to raise only my chances to find somebody!
Chill, my brother. What he meant was don't post here looking for co-op partners because it's an achievement guide, there is another thread for finding co-op buddies: Achievement Trading Thread

Exactly, also google thread hijacking. It is just not good forum etiquette.

In other news I have updated and incorporated a few methods.

Also added in a warning about gold medaling the last mission you need in coop.

Edited by The Reaper0

did you checked if you can buy it in the shop again after unlocking?

otherwise i guess u need to play again :-(

Yeah I think I will have to play it again cause I don't see it in the shop. x.x I want to do the coop achievements before I start a new though, just gotta find a partner for it.

Bout done with this second playthrough. Well actually, I am done with it. Just grinding now to unlock the clothing items. 2-3 more playthroughs on Oasis should do it. Was extremely easy get through with silvers stars at the least for each mission (Mostly gold) with the weapons you get from unlocks alone, never bought a thing through the second playthrough. Well, it's easy when you know what each level has in store for you.

Edit: Yep, done with it now. AND finished with not only the weapons I had after deleting my last save, but a few more I didn't have before. Not even questioning how. I'm assuming from the couple of games I played online.

Edited by BmB Kotorou

Bout done with this second playthrough. Well actually, I am done with it. Just grinding now to unlock the clothing items. 2-3 more playthroughs on Oasis should do it. Was extremely easy get through with silvers stars at the least for each mission (Mostly gold) with the weapons you get from unlocks alone, never bought a thing through the second playthrough. Well, it's easy when you know what each level has in store for you.

Edit: Yep, done with it now. AND finished with not only the weapons I had after deleting my last save, but a few more I didn't have before. Not even questioning how. I'm assuming from the couple of games I played online.

Nice going.

For cont' objector use legs that have the smash ++ ability to make it very easy.

Many achievements have been very glitchy for my friends and I. Got way more kills than need and no 3500 achieve and we got the 10000 scrap achieve when we were at like 6000. We didn't get the ten mission w a partner achieve until we hit 22 missions in...

For cont' objector use legs that have the smash ++ ability to make it very easy.

Many achievements have been very glitchy for my friends and I. Got way more kills than need and no 3500 achieve and we got the 10000 scrap achieve when we were at like 6000. We didn't get the ten mission w a partner achieve until we hit 22 missions in...

Yeah from what I've seen its when you join someone's game and start unlocking achievements there things seem to go haywire. For absolute best results make sure you're hosting or just stick to single player.

what is regiment and personal? how do you check them apart?

Regiment is the collective stats of the people you play with from that point onwards. As in if I were to play in a single game with you I would then forever be in your 'Regiment' and every single thing I do that counts towards Regiment Challenges, even if we don't play together ever again will be added to your regiment challenges and vice versa. You could complete all regiment challenges by only playing one game with 3 others, as long as they get the stats at some point for you.

Personal Challenges are exactly that. Challenges that can only be completed for you, by you. Both the Personal and Regiment challenges are identical, except the personal challenges are much less. For instance the last Scrap collected challenge for personal is 25,000. The last scrap collected challenge for regiment is 175,000, but this as I said this is a collective thing from every other person you ever played with.

The stats only start recording after the first game you play with them.

To check them you hit start and then go down to challenges, then as the massive button on screen says, you hit LB to go across to the Personal section. Didn't you ever wonder why it popped up with two sets of challenges after each mission?

Sorry for the essay but this isn't just you who has wondered this and I just wanted to make a post clearing this up.

Regiment is the collective stats of the people you play with from that point onwards. As in if I were to play in a single game with you I would then forever be in your 'Regiment' and every single thing I do that counts towards Regiment Challenges, even if we don't play together ever again will be added to your regiment challenges and vice versa. You could complete all regiment challenges by only playing one game with 3 others, as long as they get the stats at some point for you.

Personal Challenges are exactly that. Challenges that can only be completed for you, by you. Both the Personal and Regiment challenges are identical, except the personal challenges are much less. For instance the last Scrap collected challenge for personal is 25,000. The last scrap collected challenge for regiment is 175,000, but this as I said this is a collective thing from every other person you ever played with.

The stats only start recording after the first game you play with them.

To check them you hit start and then go down to challenges, then as the massive button on screen says, you hit LB to go across to the Personal section. Didn't you ever wonder why it popped up with two sets of challenges after each mission?

Sorry for the essay but this isn't just you who has wondered this and I just wanted to make a post clearing this up.

great post buddy, i never wondered about anything popping up with any two sets after any mission, dont pay attention! lol, thanks i will check it out