Problems dodging

solarhd

• 2 weeks later...

Orange = Duck

Red = tilt left or right

I have serious problems with this because it is next to impossible for me to make the sensor think I'm ducking rather than dodging... so I get hit a lot..

I tried bowing forward, going on my knees straight down, crouching, going in handstand position (really)... I spent about half an hour messing with the sensor and lights to try and make it more reliable, but I think it's just designed terribly.

EDIT: Red is easy because you go either left or right.. the problem is orange because the sensor doesn't pick it up properly.

EDIT2: Ok... I've gotten gold on the gorilla level... I also have it recorded and will upload so you can see, but really the trick is to make sure you are in a well-lit room, are as far back from the sensor as possible, and do the right motion to "duck"... this is how I did it.

To DUCK: I tried so many methods, but the method that seems to work nearly all of the time is to keep my arms straight down, and bend at the knees so my head lowers almost in a bowing motion about 12 inches lower than normal head height. Any less and it won't pick it up. Any more and it seems to go crazy. As a test, I crouched low on the ground for a whole level and it was randomly kicking and punching all over the place... This obviously isn't what the sensor wants.

Edited by Cully

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...