Achievement Discussion

You kidding me? You seem to be the only person in Dead Rising 2 community that likes TIR....the biggest problem with TIR events is unplayable and laggy as hell. Thank you, Capcom for not adding any TIR multiplayer or TIR related achievements for this new game, DR2:OTF.

The achievements look not bad overall and looking forward to it.

I know, lag could be pretty bad in vehicule events, and it can be hard to find a game at times. But I feel like most who were complaining here were just unhappy you couldn't boost. And lets be honest, it's not that hard to win 9 different events. Especially since there was an extra incentive in sp to play TIR (and the outfit you unlock is super cool)...

I thought it was super fun little minigames (way better than ac:b's mp). Just disappointed there were so gew of them. I'll get OtR regardless, but I'd like some new events - I'm surprised I'm the only one ;-)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpha vs. Omega

Have Denyce attack and damage Sgt Boykin.

Denyce is the lab tech that was basically the first survivor you rescue in DR2. Sgt. Boykin is one of the last Psychos you meet. This is going to be so much fun...

Purewal Memorial Cup

Don't consume any meat, dairy or alcohol until the military arrives.

Except for the alcohol bit, this is easy. Some of the boss fights (the Twins come to mind) were fairly tough even with the plentiful vodka lying about.

Edited by Tom Pladgett

alpha vs omega all you have to do is the main quest. with a beefed up character that really shouldnt be an issue at all. supposedly the save system is getting made easier AGAIN for all the whiners = easy

as for the other one you might be able to just chill out in the security room for a whole playthrough

Purewal Memorial Cup

Don't consume any meat, dairy or alcohol until the military arrives.

Except for the alcohol bit, this is easy. Some of the boss fights (the Twins come to mind) were fairly tough even with the plentiful vodka lying about.

Just stock on on OJ before the boss fights and this achievement should be a breeze.

I really wish they'd add achievements to the PC version. I love stacking games that I like. I wonder if there is a way to contact Capcom and request that.

The PC version isn't going to have achievements?? I loved getting DR2 on PC. The morning it launched, there were so many people online to do co-op with and get achievements! I'll miss that :/

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to the Photo achievements.

I know it's often a mixed reaction amoungst the playerbase, but personally, I was always in the camp that loved Photography in the first game. I really did, I was just disappointed there weren't more Photo-based achievements. OTR looks like correcting that. \o/

• 3 weeks later...
Well on DR 2 and on this upcoming title, neither say whether it has to be done in co-op or sp. It just says to kill x amount of zombies.

Sorry, I meant, he got it from the game itself cause back in DR2 you have to be the host for the killing achievements.

As for DR2:OTR I can give you no certain answer. I'd definitely looking forwad to it if both could get the achievement. Since the 100,000 zombie kills one would be so much more fun to do in COOP and both would be granted with the achievement.

There you have it. The achievement description itself says (Host Only). I just checked a few gamers. This goes for:

Prom Night

Elite Killer

Luggage Code

Six Digits?!?

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

While it says [Host Only] you guys are forgetting that theres one for only killing 69 zombies. So if you get that one in single player then you can rest asure that you will get the others aswell. I mean its not like your gonna spend hours getting 69 kills. It will take 2 or so minutes to see if it works on single player. Its not like you have to go for the 100,000 kill one to see if it works or not. As for the [Host Only] it just means that if your playing in co-op it will only unlock for the host. Its that simple to figure out guys.

Edited by ItachiUchiha

thats what im wondering, if those are obtainable only in coop coz in DR2 didnt say nothing about host stuff

I love how they leave it out, it confuses everyone. If they put it in, it confuses everyone. Good god, people. They're just clarifying that when playing in a co-op game, only the host would get those two achievements. o.O