What's your (main) character's class?

theslynx

Pick your main character's class  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your main character's class

• Warrior
    • Rogue
    • Mage

I feel more connected to the plot and storyline when playing as a Mage in Dragon Age 2. Funny thing, in Origins I didn't like playing as a Mage and greatly enjoyed being a Rogue. When I first started playing Dragon Age 2 I was a rogue, but it just feels like hack and slash now. So I restarted and went with being a Mage. Much more enjoyable in this game!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I've played through a few times with each class, but Rogue is my favorite. I can never quite make up my mind whether I prefer dual-wielding (the combat moves are wicked cool) or archer (Hood's Message to the King is a very pretty bow...), though. My gf's fave class is mage, and I gotta say, Horror is worth it. Force class doesn't deal as much damage as I need it to for my play style.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My main playthrough I was an offensive mage that specialized in the Elemental/Blood Mage skill trees. I would cast powerful AoE spells such as Firestorm and Hemorrhage on groups of enemies and freeze the tougher opponents to slow them down and take them out easier. I would also use the Blood Slave/Summon Mabari spells so there would be more allies on the battlefield.

Quite an effective class, though I did want to switch to a Rogue/Warrior after a few dozen hours of gameplay.

• 4 weeks later...

For DA:O I started as a mage because it sounded the most interesting to me at the time. I love all of the classes for different strengths and, especially in DA:O, all the different openings are fun to play though. However, because my first experience in the series was with a mage, I have kind of a bias towards that class now. So my first playthrough of two is with a mage.

• 1 month later...

When I originally started playing on PS3 on release date I picked 2H Warrior iirc.

I however picked Rouge for my first Xbox play , recently got game for $4-5 , and since playing as Mage has one drawback I usually leave that for 2nd play or 3rd.

I specifically like to have one companion in my party hence rouge. And duel wield is so much fun.

• 2 weeks later...