It's official! They're finally doing it!

SmokeScreen76

Yeah, What I am more unhappy about regarding EA is not closing down servers because it is what EA does, but the fact Multiplayer achievements are added/included in EA games despite the fact they will be unobtainable only after 1-3 years after it is released. I avoid multiplayer EA games if they have achievements that are online only-unless they are easy. I don't have time to put in 20 hours for multiplayer achievements for one game. Until EA fixes that, I will only buy single player games from EA-unless the achievements are easy/not time exhausting.

• 4 weeks later...

I started playing the campaign online with a buddy about a year ago, but I had to put it on the backburner because raising my child caused our schedules to conflict. I've got my schedule all worked out now so I can finally play this again, but I guess I'll have to do it on my own now. Meh. I don't care about the online achievements, but I'm pretty bummed that I can't play co-op (my wife, unfortunately, is no good at these types of games).

I started playing the campaign online with a buddy about a year ago, but I had to put it on the backburner because raising my child caused our schedules to conflict. I've got my schedule all worked out now so I can finally play this again, but I guess I'll have to do it on my own now. Meh. I don't care about the online achievements, but I'm pretty bummed that I can't play co-op (my wife, unfortunately, is no good at these types of games).

You don't have a friend who can come over and play it with you since split-screen still works? That's too bad! I don't think it would be as fun anyway. I first played it split-screen and I just wasn't getting into it that much, but when I played it online I liked it more. I think the reduced screen size hindered my ability.

Sadly, I actually don't have anyone who can come over and play it with me. My wife and I moved away from all of our friends so she wouldn't have to commute so far for work and I haven't really met anyone while living here. It's a bit sad because we've been here for quite some time now, but I've also been rather busy with raising our son. Can't really complain, but it does make it a bit harder to meet folks my age when I don't frequent any social gatherings. And personally, I think looking for friends is a bit awkward when you're an adult without someone to introduce you to people. Hopefully I'll be able to get a job in our old town so we can move back there and be near our friends again. If all else fails, my son should be ready to start gaming in a couple of years. Heh.

On a lighter note: I've got a nice big TV, so split-screen is never an issue for me as long as I've got someone to play with. Oh, and I should probably mention that we actually get to see our friends a couple of times each month...but it's a long drive and using our time together to play video games seems like a waste.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've just discovered this and now I feel stupid for not putting this game into my Xbox since '09. I was under the impression that being gold guaranteed me to always have online servers for any game, was the point of paying if I can't play some games online anymore?

I guess only you can answer that, my friend. Gold accounts only allow you to play games online over Xbox Live; it doesn't guarantee that every game released will have its servers still up and running. Especially when we're talking about EA (who ran Army of Two's servers). They control their own servers--unlike most games released for the Xbox which Microsoft usually run--and when it comes time for some cost-saving measures, EA will occasionally pull support for some of their older titles. They typically do it more with their yearly sports games, but every once in a while another genre falls into this category. They have an explanation on their Online Service Updates page; if interested, just click on the link in my first post.