Easy 1000 ?

Cloud1992

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It's automatically game over once one of the players die. So you have to keep player 1 and 2 alive all the way through.

Hmmm... Okay. When Pairs has fewer floors, how many are we talking? I am trying to determine whether or not getting a friend to play is worth the effort if there is only like 10 fewer floors.

Well apparently someone has already obtained the full 1000 for the game.

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?pp=0&GamerTag=AGENT+SCRUBASS

According to True-achievements he first played the game on July 29, 2011. Today is the 30th.......

He has no unlock dates for his achievements(all offline what a coincidence) therefore he's not even on the leader-boards. The game can't even be completed in 24 hours it takes too much time to do 3 playthroughs, Gold everything, Babel, etc. there's just no way.

All signs point to hacker. What a cheat, he's only lying to himself. Even has his motto up as "First to 1000 Catherine!"

Yes first HACKER to 1000 Catherine. Anyways it's no big deal, it's just a game. I just feel that cheaters should be exposed. Not fair to anyone else who actually does it legit. But hackers we KNOW who you are. Anybody know if this guy has a history of hacking?

what a loser...... of course he cheated. this game is longer then 10 hours plus he would have to gold all the levels on hard which would take more then 1 day........ plus some of the other achievements will take longer to get...... lol and the 8 endings??? he couldnt of got them in a day. he has hacker written all over him. he has probably been banned by now.. well i hope.

what a loser...... of course he cheated. this game is longer then 10 hours plus he would have to gold all the levels on hard which would take more then 1 day........ plus some of the other achievements will take longer to get...... lol and the 8 endings??? he couldnt of got them in a day. he has hacker written all over him. he has probably been banned by now.. well i hope.

You can get all 8 endings in under 20 hours easy.

Beat the game getting all gold and completely 1 side

Play another cycle skipping everything and select the other side

Play a final cycle skipping everything and alternate

The first 2 can be cycled though making 4 then 3 then the last one to make 8.

I really do hope Scrubass is banned from TA because I have a feeling it will have a ridiculously high TA score and will be screwed over statistically because of him. What is sad is he is bragging, aggressively defending his legitimacy, making half-assed solutions to only the easiest achievements, and reaping the attention he thinks he is getting from beating a hard game. I am getting screwed in Deathsmiles and possibly this now. I hate how I care about numbers so much.

Hmmm... Okay. When Pairs has fewer floors, how many are we talking? I am trying to determine whether or not getting a friend to play is worth the effort if there is only like 10 fewer floors.

I think like 40 floors less or more, not sure though didn't keep track.

About pairs: It has less floors but you still have to think stuff through for example you cant do solo tactics such as creating a upper level floor by sacrificing a stepping point, need to watch out for cracked blocks and other stuff. Also communicating with your partner is important to finish the stage and I guess your partner skills matter to.

Either way single or pair you will have some difficulties, luckily for me I have some siblings and friends who like playing this game and is pretty decent at it.Well anyways good luck.

Is it confirmed that you can get the achievements via pairs Babel? And can you play it with only one person?

I just got the first Babel stage via pairs. I kept dying in the 100s, so I tried pairs by myself and got to step 103 before screwing up (taking too long). Then tried it with my brother and beat it first try (he not even knowing how to really play). and achievement counted!

lol, we have a winner :locked

I'd say this game isn't a hard 1k now, but does take some skills to do it. Combination of Youtube + Babel pairs make it alot easier then it could have been.

Luke and I were having a major discussion about this and whether or not Catherine still deserves it's 10/10 rating despite the cheap loop holes one could take to complete the game.(i.e Youtube videos, Pairs, etc.) Seriously, if anyone here tried to say that didn't use a Youtube video for help with gold prizing some of the Hard puzzles then there's a good chance that they're lying. I'm sure there are some that havent, I got practice with the Japanese version on PS3 before it came to 360 so I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this.

In the end we still considered it a 10/10 but only because of the fact that without the guides it would clearly be a 10 and even with videos such as the walkthrough for the Hard stages, some of them are very dynamic like the Boss Stages and take multiple attempts to pull off. This is where persistence becomes key which adds to the difficulty factor. Any game that requires lots of this deserves to have an 8/10 no matter what.

Plus we have to separate the skilled from the inept. Kind of like when you play Super Street Fighter IV and it requires you to do the combo trials to get the full 1000. To an experienced vet in Street Fighter that would make the 1000 a 7/10 but to a newbie, 10/10 because of the learning curve there. Not everyone who played Catherine is a natural puzzle gamer but even for those who are, this game is on it's own level with puzzles, something that hasn't been done before with the box and edge mechanic. This makes all of us newbies to this genre of game. Therefore it will still take time to adjust to the game and its style of puzzle before even thinking about pulling some of the puzzles off. Babel would have been near impossible if it weren't for Pairs but hey, maybe some of us learn faster than others.

In the end it's an 8/10 for persistent gamers who have played(or not played) puzzles before but are adamant and adamant enough to develop the skills(learning climbing techniques on you toes) to become good enough to pull off the 1000, mostly for getting The Golden Child and Babel achievements. But a 10/10 for the typical casual gamer. You guys should be happy about this decision it makes the 1000 more glorious! Yet, lets not get carried away, Golden Child and Babel still take some work to pull off despite the loop holes but it's up to the players themselves to work hard enough to attain them.

Edited by FeLizP

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't use any youtube videos to gold prize any of the hard mode stages~

I'm not lying .___.

After dying so much in Normal mode, you get used to constantly repeating them and eventually figuring out the way.

It never reached the point of frustratingly difficult.

On the other hand the Rapunzel minigame is quite impossible without XCVii 007's videos. I gave up and looked up his videos by stage 41.

In my opinion Altar, the first stage in Babel Mode, is much harder than any stage in Hard Mode. It's a culmination of all the techniques you've learned.

(P.S. i did look up videos for Obelisk and Axis Mundi, which was pointless since pairs mode made it that much easier and Axis Mundi's Single mode is broken in U.S. version)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...