After 3 years, is Fallout 3 still one of the best?

GrayK

Do you consider Fallout 3 one of the best games for current consoles?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Fallout 3 one of the best games for current consoles?

• Fallout 3 is still today the best game I have ever played on a 7th generation console
    • Fallout 3 is one of the best games along with GTA iv and metal gear solid 4
    • Fallout 3 was good, but it's a huge stretch to consider it one of the best games ever.
    • Played Fallout 3 and I did not like it either because I sucked at it or I thought it was terrible
    • I have never played Fallout 3.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved FO3. I completed it once before, but relatively recently re-bought the GOTY version and am now playing through the DLC again on this gamer-profile.

FO:NV would have been the better game, if my experience with it hadn't been soured by the ridiculous abundance of glitches upon release. I could at least play it on release, but a patch a day or so afterwards messed up my game so that I couldn't kill any enemies (they were all just knocked unconscious, meaning no XP and they would wake up and attack me from behind a minute later). This led to me not play the game until way after all the DLC had come out. I've completed it now, and loved it, but I still cant quite love it like I did FO3.

As for one of the best? Nah. Its great, but there are an awful lot of great games out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted One of the best games of all time. I did not vote ''It is the best'' cause theres way too many awesome great games out from over the years. But I love it the game still.

Did 12 playthroughs of 3 netting ridiculous amounts hours into it. I 100%ed it twice I have the Platnium trophie from when I had a PS3 three years ago and my 1000 gs.

• 4 weeks later...
I am going to start it soon, but having already played through it five times in the past, I can say it is definitely one of the best, if not the best game I have ever played. I am looking forward very much to more Fallout games in the future, that is for sure.

Please yes start it soon on 360. I did 13 playthroughs total in my life. Amazing game.

• 2 weeks later...

I played the game when it first came out and really enjoyed it-I wasn't the achievement hunting gamer I am today so did not explore the game to its fullest back then.

However last year I purchased the GOTY edition for £13 along with a few other games and up until a couple of weeks ago it sat un-played.I started a new game and have hardly played anything else since.I've clocked up 80 hours of playtime and still have 2 dlc's to play and 15 achievements to go for.Whilst I like getting cheevo's if a game is crap I wont play it just for the sake of easy achievments but there are no such problems with Fallout 3.The achievements are designed as they should be to allow you to experience all the game has to offer-right down to the fine details of which the wastelands of DC has a lot to offer.The characters,factions,quests and side-quests are creative-I absolutely love some of the unique weapons and the names given to them.

So yes Fallout 3 is as good today as it was in 2008/9,so much so that when I noticed Fallout:New Vegas for £12 on the marketplace last week I had to buy it.Playing through Fallout 3 whilst using the guides on this site has been one of my gaming highlights of this year!

• 5 weeks later...

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. Like a lot of you I've spent hours and hours playing this. A real lesson in how to do DLC as well I'd say - new locations, weapons and enemies. I loved just exploring the world and finding new stuff.

The setting of the game was brilliant too. I went on holiday to Washington recently and couldn't help imaging Fallout whilst I was there.

Bring on Fallout 4.

Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. Like a lot of you I've spent hours and hours playing this. A real lesson in how to do DLC as well I'd say - new locations, weapons and enemies. I loved just exploring the world and finding new stuff.

The setting of the game was brilliant too. I went on holiday to Washington recently and couldn't help imaging Fallout whilst I was there.

Bring on Fallout 4.

Agreed. I'm playing through this game trying to cap Level 30 and I'm nearly there. I've almost discovered every location and trying to get every last bit of XP before it's over. I'll need to do another playthrough because I missed a few achievements but that's a good thing!

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a copy recently and started playing. I am surprised at how awesome this game actually is. Up there within favorite games of all time played. I am not saying it is my number one, but it is up there. Cannot vote it in that poll's second spot choice. :)

With Bethesda games better then Skyrim in many regards. I cannot comment on New Vegas, and older Fallout's. I was recommended this version by a friend who has played NV and 2 and gladly this version has not disappointed me at all.

I wish there was some modernization, item identification highlighting via a key to highlight the area but not to clutter combat or exploration, armor crafting, more polished graphics.

What an immersing story, game play, and design from such a solid game

• 2 months later...

I remember when I first got Fallout 3. It was back when I didnt have a internet connection (or a reliable one), so it was basically Single Player only.

Now, when I first played it... I hated it. I did NOT like it for some reason. May had been the new environment I was experiencing, may have been the dreary environment. OR MAYBE it was because I was getting constantly killed by raiders and others because I didn't know what I was doing at the time.

So, I left the game on the shelf for like 2 months.

Then, one fateful day, I picked it back up, took a deep breath, and plunged into it once again. By this time, I played other FPSs and other games, that taught me to not be a dumbass this time. So, once I got into the grove of things, I was hooked. I think I played it for an entire day, skipping every meal because I was so enthralled by the whole world I was in.

To this day, no other game has done that to me quite like Fallout 3.

One of the best in the 7th gen, one of the best ever.

• 5 months later...