What did you do while waiting for 7-Day Survivor?

relauby

I'm just sitting here waiting for my 7-Day Survivor achievement to unlock, while occasionally pressing X, and I was wondering what you guys did or plan to do while waiting.

So far, I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I've spent most of the time signing up for a forum on some other site and talking there. I also have a few books with me, some podcasts with me to listen to and a DVD (Black Belt Jones) I might watch if I think my computer can handle playing a movie and me checking FAQs every now and then.

netflix. talked to my roommates. played something else on another system. be careful though, i ended up having to do two runs. i let myself get too hungry and didn't pay attention. i ended up eating while frank "starved". ironic?

Yeah, I just died six and a half hours in. Not as crushing as I thought it would be, I just kinda shrugged and started over.

EDIT: You know what, I take it back. After playing for another 6 and a half hours to get where I was, and knowing I could be within an hour of the achievement, it is crushing. I was just too tired to realize last night.

Edited by relauby

I just did watched TV, surfed the web, other things around the house. All you really have to do is get somewhere 100% safe, then have your controller on Auto-Shut off (obviously without a play n charge cord plugged in) after you've topped off Frank's health. The controller will be your timer and shut off at around the time Frank will be needing another boost soon. All I had to do was switch my TV over from game when I had time to kill and then just flip back once I noticed my controller was out or happened to be aware of the time that had passed.

• 1 month later...
i always get attacked b the damn zombies -- maybe im just bad. making my 5th and final attempt soon. any guides?

There are one's in the achievement guide for this game and a great one on youtube. Do you have the food books?

I went about my day really. Started at 7 AM cleaned around the house,played with my son,watched some football,picked my wife up from work,and was done by the time I put my son too bed.

Nearly died while picking my wife up from work. Got back with 20 seconds too spare.

I stuck with the 17day Survivor Guide on Youtube, whenever I was waiting to eat something I'd skip ahead to see what was next. I had to do some things differently than he did...and I actually ended up better for the most part. I ended up with less overall damage than what he took ;>__> though when I made it to the 6th day, I had enough food to last 24+ hours so I just stopped using the guide and stayed in Ned's Knitnackery for the remaining day.

While I was doing that, I did stuff around the house, watched something on the computer and kept myself occupied. I never got close to death this runthrough, so I'm proud =)

• 2 weeks later...

I did this nearly three years ago, but as I remember it I had to work for it (except the last couple of hours when I had my inventory full with food. Is there some glitch in the guide or what, since it seems like you didn't gave to spend time with the game other than feeding frank? :)

• 3 weeks later...
I did this nearly three years ago, but as I remember it I had to work for it (except the last couple of hours when I had my inventory full with food. Is there some glitch in the guide or what, since it seems like you didn't gave to spend time with the game other than feeding frank? :)

Nope no glitch just need to get on top of a bookshelf and horde all of your food there so that you don't have to move around and download a timer on your PC so you can watch TV and Frank won't die.

So far I've watched three episodes of WWE that I was behind on, right now I'm watching Nightmare Before Christmas and I'm going to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hopefully that will be enough to get to 7 days I'm almost to day 6 right now.

Done!

Edited by THE D ZASTA

I stuck with the 17day Survivor Guide on Youtube, whenever I was waiting to eat something I'd skip ahead to see what was next. I had to do some things differently than he did...and I actually ended up better for the most part. I ended up with less overall damage than what he took ;>__> though when I made it to the 6th day, I had enough food to last 24+ hours so I just stopped using the guide and stayed in Ned's Knitnackery for the remaining day.

While I was doing that, I did stuff around the house, watched something on the computer and kept myself occupied. I never got close to death this runthrough, so I'm proud =)

I think I made that, unless someone else put up another.

Someone actually played this all the way through? LOLZ

About as maxed out as it gets now.

Living out my zombie fantasy. Played every hour of it and enjoyed it.

I did as well! :)

• 1 month later...
I think I made that, unless someone else put up another.

Yes, it was your guide. A few times I had to return for the megabuster and ended up slightly off schedule for what I needed to be, so I had to skip a survivor or two but all I wanted was 7 day survivor. Thanks to your guide, around the sixth day I just settled into the Knicknackeries or whatever it's named, the store with the swords and battle axe (antique store)...watched the clock, waited for my achievement.

• 1 month later...