How do you rate BioShock?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate BioShock?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave it a 9/10.

The art and level design was incredibly immersive.

I really liked how they incorporated the time setting into the gameplay.

The voice acting was great.

The game script was very well-written.

The plasmids were a lot of fun to mess around with.

The hacking minigame was a lot of fun.

I thought it was really cool to be able to make a turret or big daddy fight on your side.

It had a collection achievement, which is my favorite achievement type.

My only knock on it is that the game had very little replay value.

Looking forward to the sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

Painful replay value and horrible endings.

However, a complete blast the first time through with countless little additions that make it incredibly fun. While I was playing it the first time I actually said to a friend (who hadn't played it) "Dude, every second you spend not playing BioShock, is a second wasted."

8/10 first playthrough on Easy.

10/10 third playthrough on Hard. The reason is because I had to use all of my resources instead of just killing easily and getting along with the game on Easy. It's a true game experience.

Some people say there's no Replay Value but I truly think there is. I played it 3 times and what made me play it 3 times was the achievements. They make it more of a resaon to play it again and enjoy the game.

The graphics are amazing.

The plot is perfect.

The shooter experience is really good.

The freakyness of the game makes it more interesting and exciting.

Amazing game. 10/10

• 2 weeks later...
I would give it a very high nine to almost a ten. The game was awesome. Great story and two seperate endings based on what you did with the sisters. I do agree there could have been a few more guns but I understand why it didn't.

Arrgg, did not know this, to be fair it kinda shows how thick i am for not seeing the obvious dilemma you would have if you killed all the little sisters and then they came and helped you kill atlas and thank you for all your help. I'm putting the game in now on easy and gonna kill all the little sisters just to see the ending.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this game and would give it a 9.5 at least. It has an incredible replay value for a variety of reasons. The story is amazing and the way it pans out is done very well.

It's just like Gears Of War for me... Once you finish it you might not wanna play it again right away but a month or two down the road you're gonna get the urge to play through it again. And maybe this time kill all the Little Sisters or maybe not if you previously had. I enjoy games that have endless replay like that. They are the best of the best.