Achievement Discussion

HabsCen10ial

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm really disappointed. I love NHL games, but it's sad to see more than half this list based off of Be a Pro mode. Am I the only one that barely EVER plays Be a Pro? When I did, I found myself skating all over the place chasing the puck and never getting it. Considering the last NHL achievement lists, I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up in the first place. :(

The game will probably be sick though! ;)

I wasn't planning on getting this game day 1 since I'm not impressed by the amount of new things EA has added this year. However I was really looking forward to the achievement list to see if I'd pick it up for cheap later on.

Now that the achievements are out I can know for sure that I WILL NOT be playing NHL 11 on my profile.

The achievements are some of the hardest I've ever seen. Way too many online ones and the rest require us to grow a shitty rookie into literally the greatest hockey player ever! :wtf

I've never liked be a pro mode because I can only control 1 player so this achievement list is the biggest 'do not buy' sign I could possible see. Why can't NHL's achievement list be at least a little like Madden's???

You know, single player only achievos that don't require outrageous time, effort and skill to earn all them.

I'm not even worried about the BAP achievements, those will be time consuming but nothing one can't handle.

It's the Ultimate Team achievements that are ABSOLUTELY INSANE. Last year's UT was such a nightmare, I probably ended up spending $30 on packs just to get the damn thing done. I won seven trophies, twenty some games in a row, and STILL didn't qualify for the Elite level tournament.

Of course EA never bothered to tell us the qualification process for the UT Monthlies, if they don't give us a little more info this year I am seriously considering skipping this one because I am getting so sick of jumping through EA's UT Hoops.

I get that achievements should be hard, but yeah this is too time consuming for me. The NHL series for me have been a great way to fill my time when I don't feel like spending 12 hours gaming and simply want to sneak in 30 mins to an hour.

Oh well, I've given up on trying to 1000/1000 an NHL game since NHL 10.

I ended up with all but one achievement on NHL11 because it was impossible for me to make the HUT playoffs after Dec 1st playoffs and I never tried HUT when the game came out.

Now they have 4 HUT achievements. (1 for each division). I really hope you can actually make the playoffs.

Also did you see the achievement for scoring 5 different ways in one game???? :eek: For those of you that don't know Mario did this back when he was playing and it's a record that will never ever be broke. You have to score 5 on 5, Powerplay, Shorthanded, Penalty Shot, and Empty Net all in ONE game. :mad:

Good Luck with that

EA needs to fix their game to even think of a list like this. I sure hope NHL 12 is nothing like NHL 11. What a load of crap NHL 11 was.

I have to admit that NHL 11 was a bit of a disappointment and a money grab. The HUT card packs were too addicting, and I found myself buying a few with MS points until I stopped and asked myself what the eff I was doing.

personally, I think I prefer this years achievement list to last years, generally because I play offline more than online. I can see why some of the achievements have annoyed people, because they are grinding, time consuming ones, but I feel NHL12 will be the next 1000/1000 target for me.

Hmm, while EASHL is an absolute blast and the best thing in sport games IMO, I wish EA would stop trying to force us to grind through Be a Pro. A team sport should be about the team, not about turning some stupid avatar into the best player ever.

Edited by Devolon

Wow, I'm really disappointed. I love NHL games, but it's sad to see more than half this list based off of Be a Pro mode. Am I the only one that barely EVER plays Be a Pro? When I did, I found myself skating all over the place chasing the puck and never getting it. Considering the last NHL achievement lists, I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up in the first place. :(

The game will probably be sick though! ;)

lol you clearly have never played hockey in real life because if you had you would know where to position yourself to set up the play and get the puck passed to you, skating around chasing the other team just tires you out

I only had NHL10 didn't bother getting NHL11 because of the reviews etc but so pumped for BAP in NHL12, i don't know why people are complaining, i literally have zero chance of getting most if any of the online achievements because of my internet connection, but the new features look good and some challenging achievements are nice

I already preordered game but I'm debating on getting a 1 year subscription card to play it on a different profile... I didnt play nhl11 and the big reason why im getting 12 is cuz I miss hockey and my Club wants me to come back..

But after seeing the achievement list I dont know if I want it on my gamercard.. I hate HUT let alone having to make monthly playoffs with my own HUT team..:mad:

I love achievements like everyone else, but I think I enjoy the NHL series a lot more when I'm not achievement chasing. So someday I might pull out the older NHL games for 1k/1k but the first few months I just enjoy the game. Go BLUES!

To bad EA closes servers on 2 year cycle.. NHL09 closed and NHL10 Closes in october! Which makes all online cheevos :locked

Also did you see the achievement for scoring 5 different ways in one game???? :eek: For those of you that don't know Mario did this back when he was playing and it's a record that will never ever be broke. You have to score 5 on 5, Powerplay, Shorthanded, Penalty Shot, and Empty Net all in ONE game. :mad:

Good Luck with that

To me, that's the most unbreakable record in hockey after Bobby Orr's +144 season. It's gonna take a little teamwork, I suspect.

Seriously, though, how cool a statistic is that?

To me, that's the most unbreakable record in hockey after Bobby Orr's +144 season. It's gonna take a little teamwork, I suspect.

Seriously, though, how cool a statistic is that?

mate its ridiculous to get it in an actual game, in NHL 12 it seems do-able with full 20 minute periods and stuff but its still a massive achievement that should stand forever in real hockey