Stage 8 Help...

NikkiLove

I'm having an incredible amount of trouble with Stage 8...I can climb the blocks just fine, unfortunately Katherine has the mental capacity of a newborn cow and continually gets killed, resulting in me staring at the f***ing "Love is Over" screen over and over and over. I get that I can make her stop and start; the lightning bolts aren't the problem, the fact that Katherine takes the most roundabout paths and ends up getting smashed into the wall is my issue. Am I missing something here? Or is this just par for the course, and I have to keep trying it until she figures out how to actually climb the blocks?

Any and all help is appreciated.

Lol I had a similar problem. Pretty much what I did is I ignored her completely until she went off the screen. I then sat there and waited until she caught up to me and at the same time, I thought of what to do next (or I prepared it). Whenever you see the red ox where she is about to run, just tell her to stop. Also, when youre preparing a section (ie making a platform to bring down a staircase) she'll sometimes block you so you cant get to the square you need. Just always have her a floor below you and it should be fine. Other than that, just luck and patience is needed.

Interesting. I didn't know anyone was having trouble with this stage. After having to watch videos of how to finish pretty much all of stage 7, I thought 8 was super easy. I finished it on the first try. I'd agree with the earlier comments. Just do your thing, ignore her and let her follow behind and below. I think the quicker you are getting up yourself, the quicker she will climb and follow keeping her from being smashed.

Thanks for the tips. I ended up just running up the tower as fast as I possibly could, and only stopping Katherine to make sure she didn't get struck by lightning. Running way out in front of her gave me enough room to push/pull whatever blocks I needed without her getting in my way.

I'm still going to chalk it up to luck though, because after well over an hour of failure, the one time I finally pass it I end up with a gold trophy. Does this mean I don't ever have to do Stage 8 again in a New Game+ when I'm going for all the endings? LOL

Thanks for the tips. I ended up just running up the tower as fast as I possibly could, and only stopping Katherine to make sure she didn't get struck by lightning. Running way out in front of her gave me enough room to push/pull whatever blocks I needed without her getting in my way.

I'm still going to chalk it up to luck though, because after well over an hour of failure, the one time I finally pass it I end up with a gold trophy. Does this mean I don't ever have to do Stage 8 again in a New Game+ when I'm going for all the endings? LOL

If you got the gold on normal or hard, congratulations my friend, you never have to do it again.

If you got the gold on normal or hard, congratulations my friend, you never have to do it again.

I got the Gold on Normal...I don't think I can handle Stage 8 on Hard :(

Stage 9-2 is doing a number on me at the moment. 9-1 was so easy, I knew it was too good to be true, LOL. Those damn monster blocks...

if you are playing on normal or easy and a monster block gives you a move that really sucks, undo your last move to reset the monster. it generally doesnt move in the same direction twice, giving you a sort of way to guarentee you get a setup that works for you.

I got the Gold on Normal...I don't think I can handle Stage 8 on Hard :(

Stage 9-2 is doing a number on me at the moment. 9-1 was so easy, I knew it was too good to be true, LOL. Those damn monster blocks...

While I did not post this in my guide as you're most likely not going to be able to control it (if even true), but I noticed while playing Mutton 9-6 there was some logic to their movements.

There would come a point where there would be 3 of them like this

Now in all my times of trying 1/2 never moved (around 30+ tries), but #3 would move. Generally speaking #3 would only move if I advanced on it too quickly. Like the following example...

Slow:

Pull out a block changing them to monster blocks.

1 - 3 seconds of "thinking"

Shimmy/sidewalk/whatever move to the block and advance.

100% of the time when I did it like this the blocks would not move.

Fast:

Remove the block.

Instantly start movement towards the block.

Path blocked.

THIS ALSO appeared earlier on in the section before this where if I advanced the block too quickly it would move. This could be completely untrue, but I found advancing those blocks at least, they would move accordingly.

While I did not post this in my guide as you're most likely not going to be able to control it (if even true), but I noticed while playing Mutton 9-6 there was some logic to their movements.

There would come a point where there would be 3 of them like this

Now in all my times of trying 1/2 never moved (around 30+ tries), but #3 would move. Generally speaking #3 would only move if I advanced on it too quickly. Like the following example...

Slow:

Pull out a block changing them to monster blocks.

1 - 3 seconds of "thinking"

Shimmy/sidewalk/whatever move to the block and advance.

100% of the time when I did it like this the blocks would not move.

Fast:

Remove the block.

Instantly start movement towards the block.

Path blocked.

THIS ALSO appeared earlier on in the section before this where if I advanced the block too quickly it would move. This could be completely untrue, but I found advancing those blocks at least, they would move accordingly.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for it...I'm trying 9-5 as we speak. I'm hoping with some luck to be able to finish the game tonight on Normal.