Stone skipping

Face United

Ok, I finally got gold, unfortunately there is not much more i can say to get gold than just keep trying, I found that launching at 40 degrees and hitting A when your body almost looks like it is half in the water. ( to paint a picture imagine yourself lying in 2 inches of water, that sort of half- bad description but thats the best i can describe it) and dont quit i had a 1st jump of 299 , then 321 then i was about to quit but i got a distance of 421 on the last jump so that last jump could be the one. if anyone has any further questions send me a message to FACE UNITED. I'll be more than happy to help anyone who needs that bloody achievement.

Ok, I finally got gold, unfortunately there is not much more i can say to get gold than just keep trying, I found that launching at 40 degrees and hitting A when your body almost looks like it is half in the water. ( to paint a picture imagine yourself lying in 2 inches of water, that sort of half- bad description but thats the best i can describe it) and dont quit i had a 1st jump of 299 , then 321 then i was about to quit but i got a distance of 421 on the last jump so that last jump could be the one. if anyone has any further questions send me a message to FACE UNITED. I'll be more than happy to help anyone who needs that bloody achievement.

Very hard to obtain gold in this modality of the Stone skipping... I was 2 hours trying until obtaining the gold.

• 1 month later...
I don't get it either. I sink every time. I tried what the other poster said but nothing seems to work for me. Are you supposed to hold down A or just tap it right when you hit the water?

You just have to press A, not hold it down... Just try a couple of times and you will reach the gold medal!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've seen the silly little spat or whatever above, and yeah, this is my 2nd post so do what you will with this advice.

As you drive towards the end of the ramp, wait till your cars just about to hit the water and launch with an angle of 32-36 degrees. You driver should avoid hitting the diving boards and signage in the way giving you a good forward momemtum.

As for the timing of when to 'skip' your driver, thats just down to experience/luck, I still havent completely sussed it, and cant figure a way to explain it, but with the approach method above (and the affore mentioned experience/luck) I regularly hit the end of the swimming pool.

Anyway, hope this helps someone, otherwise this was a waste of time.hahahaha

I'm also up for some boosting on this, but i guess thats for another thread.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Post count and how long youv'e been here mean zilch.. how much you contribute means alot! Im a member of tons of forums and thats how it is!

I just got this game at Christmas, I haven't tried this yet but ill be sure to try what you said if I can do it!! If its anything like high jump its going to be a pain lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Def agree with the above.

If you are getting SUNK all the time its because you are hitting the barriers bove.

My bruther gave the following tips (all said above but helped me get silver last night)

1. Press the A buttom as your rear wheels leave the board/ramp. I was aiming at 38-40 degrees

Pressing before you leave the ramp tends to result in you hitting the barriers/scaffolding stuff which wrecks your chance of bouncing. If the hit is light you can sometimes get away with it, if not you'll hit the water and sink with no option to Skip on the water no matter when you press the Skip button.

2. Perfect first bounce is the key to this. As previous poster mentioned it launches you miles. If you can get a second perfect skip this will make Gold easier (not managed this second perfect bounce myself only managed to get a Great so far but only started playing yesterday).

Best so far is 342. Just no consistency.

EDIT - no 3. Bruv recommended pressing the skip as you see an arm/leg/head hit the water rather than concentrating on tjust the body. I was pressing the button too late it would seem. Hope this helps.

As for posting numbers (this is a little off topic) I for one couldn't care less if you have 1 post or 40,000. If its relevant and it works it has as much credibility as any other input from any other user a far as I'm concerned. Thanks for taking time to post.

M