Official Bitching Thread!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

All i have to say is this: MKII WTF?! this was never this hard back in the day on genesis. i could waltz right through everyone on that version, on hard without any of the cheats on. and now, i've been stuck on Kintaro for the better part of an hour and the farthest i've drained him of health is to the A in his name. any advice?

Edit - Just got past him using Kitana and the fan lift. Little difficult to pull off, but once you get the timing down, real easy. And used Baraka with Blade Shredder on Shao Kahn and "bleep bloop," 25 gs added

Edited by S1rJ0hn0fY0rk
Got past the mid boss finally

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game is a freakin mess,are we expected to believe they can add difficulties(supposedly!) and mess with the sound and kombat codes but they cant tweak the AI,my arse,never buying another arcade port especially not a fighting(HAH cheating more like) game,been trying to do mk2 for months and cant even get 1 round against shang tsung,not tried mk3 but it was always shit,another game destroys my fond memories like the shitty sf turbo port.Anyone thinking about buying these cash milkers dont bother,they are only there to steal money and make you angry.Unless you are actually a machine and have an arcade stick its pointless you may as well burn money and punch yourself in the face.Worst game since rise of the robots.

• 2 months later...

Gonna echo what most people have said, the AI in this game is barely scaled at all, it was a lazy port of an arcade game meant to frustrate you and eat your quarters. Surprisingly, UMK3 gave me the most difficulty because of Shao Khan (even more so than Kintarou), because I was unable to use the awesomeness that is Baraka's Blade Charge. Motaro was a joke though and most of the other opponents weren't too bad (except for maybe Jade, since I was using Sub-Zero).

Even MK1 was relatively fair in comparison to UMK3 Shao Khan, and most of MK2 (if you're not using Baraka spam or a turbo controller). Anyways, I just wanted to bitch since this is officially one of maybe two or three games (another being MK9 ironically) that has caused me to throw my controller hard at an object (a couch, I have more sense than throwing it at a TV).

Can't imagine how awful this game was BEFORE the patch (I only played MK1 pre-patch, and quit when the achievement didn't pop) especially for people who bought Day One for $10, you poor things. It's sad that the people who waited months for a 50% off sale were the ones who got a patch a week or two later, wouldn't be surprised if the patch was put in to get more money instead of helping out the original purchasers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Worst 5$ i have ever spent(got it on sale a while back), the AI just uses all the cheap moves and every time you want to do something they are like "lol low kick you noob".

I mean i understand they wanted to keep the same feeling back in the day of making it frustrating to keep you feeding quarters to it but the way they did it was just ridiculous.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was having fun playing the Arcade Kollection until i reached mk2.. The only thing that got me through that game was Kitana, i had forgotten how overpowered she was back then. But the AI in Mk2 was just so cheap, IMO i just felt like the computer was watching my controller every match. It gets to the point where they stand there and dare you to do something, instant counter:mad:.

Possibly the worst was Jade on Umk3, that anti-projectile move just gets activated every time you throw something (not to mention she does this while running forward and doing that damned 40% combo for a ridiculous punish). The best strategy is to just bait them and react / counter, but i get too frustrated most the time lol. end rant/

• 1 month later...