How to reset achievement progress for ther and back again achievement

rican21

FIRST OFF U NEED TO HAVE A SPARE USB WITH NO DATA OF DEAD ISLAND ON IF THERE IS DELETE IT OR PUT IT ON ANOTHER USB..

1-delete CACHE FROM HARD DRIVE AND USB MEMORY UNIT

2-mOVE PROFILE AND SAVE ONTO USB MEMORY UNIT

3-LOAD GAME BUT DONT ACCEPT UPDATE THEN BEFORE THE PRESS START SCREEN PULL OUT USB STICK

4- START NEW GAME WHILE HIGHLIGHTING CHARACTER PUT USB BACK IN AND START GAME

5- ALL PROGRESS SHOULD NOW BE RESET

6 - QUIT GAME,, CONNECT TO LIVE... NOW FOR ME ALL THE ACHIEVEMENT PROGRESS CAME BACK ACCEPT LOCATIONS VOILA TRY AND GET ACHIEVEMENT NOW GOOD LUCK ...

BY THE WAY I GOT THIS TRICK FROM THE ARMY OF TWO 40TH DAY DLC GLITCH VERY SIMILAR JUST TRYED TO SEE IF IT WOULD WORK N IT DID...

oNLY DOWNSIDE U HAVE TO START CAMPAIGN OVER BUT U CAN USE YOU LEVEL 50 R WATEVER LV U R,, BUT IM SURE MOST OF U GUYS WOULDN'T MIND I KNOW I DONT

SORRY I EDITED A FEW THINGS TO EASIER

Edited by rican21

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm. Every progress came back except for there and back again?

That doesn't make sense. He'll delete the loot-cheevo status as well, right?

i think it only resets incomplete achievement progress which is probably whit only locations was reset cause thats the only achievement i need besides the 28 days

i think it only resets incomplete achievement progress which is probably whit only locations was reset cause thats the only achievement i need besides the 28 days

Is there any way to back up with three devices? Say I back up my HDD to Memory Stick 1. Then Move the file from the HDD to Memory Stick 2 and do this procedure. If I then load up Memory Stick 1 again, will I still have my other in progress achievements?

is there any way to back up with three devices? Say i back up my hdd to memory stick 1. Then move the file from the hdd to memory stick 2 and do this procedure. If i then load up memory stick 1 again, will i still have my other in progress achievements?

i dont think so

It's just like a new playthrough. And seriously, it doesn't take that long to beat the game imo.

Once I'm finished with RTL, I'll attempt this.

Yeah, not to be negative but I'm just not interested in doing a third playthrough because of stupidity on their part. But the good news is with this patch finding orange weapons is supposed to be much easier.

Yeah, not to be negative but I'm just not interested in doing a third playthrough because of stupidity on their part. But the good news is with this patch finding orange weapons is supposed to be much easier.

Really? Cool.

But they also put up that FUCKING annoying recovering time after dying to 7 seconds. What dicks.

Really? Cool.

But they also put up that FUCKING annoying recovering time after dying to 7 seconds. What dicks.

Wasn't that due to the fact that when you drop in coop your team mates would rarely get to you in time? Not that the fact you respawn 2 feet away with full health is a bad thing.

Should have had a Press B to release immediately option imo.

I can confirm also if you follow it step by step it will only reset the ones you do not have the achievement for. For me just reset the locations, but I'm still confused does anybody no the 72nd location because when I loaded my game it just gave it to me but still have no idea which one it is.

I can confirm also if you follow it step by step it will only reset the ones you do not have the achievement for. For me just reset the locations, but I'm still confused does anybody no the 72nd location because when I loaded my game it just gave it to me but still have no idea which one it is.

i think they forgot to add a 72nd location so they just give u one free to fix it not finkin it wud stop u gettin the cheeve if u have 71 already you fort they would of made it so u at least had to go to some place to get 72 that way it wudnt of glitched pffft another patch soon i guess

So you can confirm that this works without a chance of restarting progress towards level 50? We can keep our characters and weapons? I might wait for a patch and if it dosnt come in a few weeks il try it. I also want to know if finding the glitched location again might unlock it.

It will restart you from the beginning but you will still have your character and everything you had with it you will just have to play starting from chapter 1. And you will not be able to reload any chapter.

What if you have a separate save in Chapter 14 stored on another memory card? If you do this, it won't let you load that save?

I just got this Achievement... by going into the "Jungle Village" in Act III.

In case anyone missed this place (I did on my first playthrough) It's in the northern area of the Jungle Map with two work benches at each end of the village.