Skill % fluctuates regardless of mistakes or correct analysis

StarsAndStraps1

i got the game today and i have noticed that regardless of me analyzing evidence correct or not my percentage still decreases.

for example...*SPOILER... I THINK*

in case 4 i have everything done right up to where you need to search the fingerprints on the bag of cocaine, i place the 5 circle dots and put the right match in the right portion of the print. the guy shows up and my partner Catherine tells me about him.

NOW prior to doing this analysis i have 96%.... upon finishing this analysis i have used guides and followed all methods to do it correctly but after im done my skill says 94%

oh and i have tested to see if it was because i moved the sample print to different portions of the whole fingerprint... each print is in 4 sections. so as a test i went from each section then to the correct one but that didnt change anything it still went down to 94%

can anyone tell me why it does this?

its getting on my nerves, i just want to get this one achievement done and out of the way so i can finish the game. im already getting frustrated with how slow the game plays and how slow the cursor moves.

so before i searched the finger prints on the bag of cocaine i did the video surveillance analysis instead... analyzed and completed.... still 96%

ok so i saved

now did the finger print search again saw his photo got an explanation and i check my skill and WHAT!!!!!! it still says 96%

ok now wtf is going on well thats better than it going down i guess.....

i'll take it and just continue and hope i do everything else right to raise that percentage

but i would still love an explanation or theory or opinion if anyone has one...

im almost certain that the finger print search/analysis device is glitched......

either it needs to be done in a certain order? or not done at all?

im following a guide on here by Yelll O for case 5 and i have everything done 100% up untill part 19 of his review. when i go to do the finger print scan/process/analysis it confirms match found but drops my skill to 74%

again it would be greatly appreciated if ANYONE could shed light on this

• 6 months later...

I just came to read this thread for the first time recently. i wish i had seen it sooner because i could have easily answered this for u.

Im sorry that noone ever responded to ur repeated posts, its kinda messed up when u come to an achievement help site and throughout ur entire dilemma not a single person took time to give u any advice before u were forced to help urself... this saddens me

• 2 years later...