Estimated time to Level 41 - Legitimately

Question is in the Title. This may be a Suitable Question for the Discussion thread, but its not getting a lot of Attention, and I'm Curious.

I haven't started multiplayer yet, playing the Single Player first(Chapter 10). So for those of you who have, How long do you estimate it will take to Reach Level 41 Legitimately?

I am currently at lvl 40 and only boosted maybe once or twice (resulting in maybe 2-4 early lvl ups) and can say that it does not take as long as you might think. It took me until yesterday to hit 40 and thats with me playing only a dozen or so games a day. Level 41 looks annoying though seeing as how you need another 100,000+ exp. Oh well, I will wait for Exterminatus mode.

You can easily get ~3k+ exp per round in Seize ground if you're capturing points (200 exp per point) and mix in 10+ kills. You will receive huge amounts of bonus exp just by mixing up your weapons and completing the challenges too. I'd say even without boosting you can get to 41 pretty quick, perhaps 25 - 30 hours or less as a rough estimate if done legit.

That's based on me being level 33 or 34 with perhaps 12 - 14 hours (if it's even that many) under my belt. I don't know the progression between levels from there so it could take a bit yet but I seem to still level up every few games as high value weapon bonuses are coming in (15k exp for 250 bolter kills etc.)

I'm not 100% but I think level 36 or 37 is the halfway point to level 41. Level 25 is only like 1/6th of the way there.

So a really good player could do it in maybe 20-24 hours I think. That's assuming they could finish games in under 10 minutes with like an average of 5,000 XP per game.

I'd expect most people will take somewhere in the 30-50 hours range (legitimately).

There are lots of variables with MP (one good team versus a terrible one, challenges completed, which gametype, etc) so all these estimates are rough. Of course, boosting helps/speeds things up, but yeah legitimately, it'll take notably longer.

Edited by Grammaton Dryad

It took me a bit over 3 days to reach level 40 legitimately & then I hit level 41 2 days later, I played about 6-8 hours of multiplayer a day.

It's not really that time consuming since there is a whole bunch of weapon & amour challenges giving you a nice exp boost.

You need a total of 671040exp for level 41.

It took me a bit over 3 days to reach level 40 legitimately & then I hit level 41 2 days later, I played about 6-8 hours of multiplayer a day.

It's not really that time consuming since there is a whole bunch of weapon & amour challenges giving you a nice exp boost.

You need a total of 671040exp for level 41.

6-8 HOURS?!

Christ almighty what the hell!?

I've averaged about 2hrs per day since it came out (holy lost weekends batman), and I'm mediocre at online play.

It took me about three days to get to level 30, and about three more to get to 34 from there. I've been trying to get to 35 for two days... maybe the third day...

If this keeps up, 41 could take alot longer than it seems...

To follow up on my previous post since I've progressed further;

I've not been playing as much lately but I'd say my estimate to is pretty accurate, it may possibly be just a few hours short though as the EXP required for level 40 - 41 is around 120k. At an average of 3k exp per match thats 40 games you need to play and that (in seize ground) should take a little over 5 hours alone for that last level! Obviously that assumes that you have no 15k exp bonuses coming in from weapon completions.

Either way, doing some basic math even an average player only obtaining 2k exp per match should have the full amount required for level 41 within 40 hours from the start, without ANY exp bonuses so it's not long, maybe add a few hours for loading times.

• 3 weeks later...