Hard expert achievement

Nanbag

Ok, here is what I did.

1 Start a season on hard with auto save turned on so the game saves knowing you have chosen the hard difficulty. To be precise I drove the practise session on hard.

2 Quit out to the main menu go to my f1 - profile - turn off auto save.

3 Go back to the career this should be the qualifying session.

4 When on track put on the assists you wish and set times.

5 Before you come off the race track put the assist back so the difficulty shows hard again.

6 Go back to the garage

7 Start the race before you set off turn on the assists you want.

8 Before you cross the finish line on your last lap change the settings back to hard, I changed it on the start finish straight.

9 Rinse and repeat for each track.

DO REMEMBER TO QUIT BACK OUT AND SAVE IN MY F1 IF YOU CANT DO THE SEASON IN 1 SITTING! AS AUTO SAVE IS NOT ON!

When you come back to the career dont forget to turn autosave off again!

THIS IS WHAT I DID AND THE ACHIEVEMENT POPPED AFTER MONZA

This obviously depends on how well your opposition is doing!

GOOD LUCK!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be a 900g max for me.

Call me rubbish if you like but even by switching the assists on from hard to custom during practice i still cannot get anywhere the front row due to the aI being maxed out.

Unless someone can confirm a way of changing the AI then like I say 900g for me.

Still a great game though.

I got the achievement with auto save ON , just do the glitch like on F1 2010 and You will be good.

Always start races with HARD difficulty then when on track change the assists dont mind the autosave icon and change back to hard before U cross the finish line. This goes to practice, qualy and race. Good luck!

I can confirm this, you do not need to turn auto save off, it's the same as last year.

Ok, if I'm doing qualify and my fuel is low, or tires are finished, do i need to change the settings every time before going to garage and get new tires?

You can enter the garage with changed assists, just don't save a setup.

I just started my second season. Shelton, you said in another Thread you have to start the season on "hard". But i couldnt choose it. The first time i had to choose a difficult was in my team-truck before i choosed Melbourne Weekend. Is this correct? or do i have to start "A new career"?

Okay, so i finally got my Achievement and I will you describe how i got it because I made some "mistakes" and it still unlocked!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qmeyz6.jpg

Excuse my english. You probably see in the Screenshot that I come from germany ;)

So I just started "Next Season" and choosed "Difficulty HARD" at the first Race (Melbourne). I immediately skipped Practise and jumped to the Qualifying. Then drove out of the garage. While I was on the track i changed Tractioncontrol and Gear. I made a fast lap, changed the Settings back to "Hard" and went back to garage. I did the same in the Race. Of course i changed the settings back to HARD before ending the race.

But here is something which may be interessting. Once i forgot to change Setting before crossing the finishing line and finished the race. I jump off my chair and turned of the console. Now, because the "autosaves" when you change Settings I loaded my Savegame and it was saved after the Qualifying. So i could enter the race. but the "settings" where still changed. I changed them back to Hard and back to custom while in the race.

This happened again, but i just "Restarted the Race" after i crossed the finish line. The Achievement popped up while i was mathematically Champion.

I hope I described it understandable and i can help some people.

EDIT: I had Auto-Save ON!

Edited by Zetenge

Okay, so i finally got my Achievement and I will you describe how i got it because I made some "mistakes" and it still unlocked!

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qmeyz6.jpg

Excuse my english. You probably see in the Screenshot that I come from germany ;)

So I just started "Next Season" and choosed "Difficulty HARD" at the first Race (Melbourne). I immediately skipped Practise and jumped to the Qualifying. Then drove out of the garage. While I was on the track i changed Tractioncontrol and Gear. I made a fast lap, changed the Settings back to "Hard" and went back to garage. I did the same in the Race. Of course i changed the settings back to HARD before ending the race.

But here is something which may be interessting. Once i forgot to change Setting before crossing the finishing line and finished the race. I jump off my chair and turned of the console. Now, because the "autosaves" when you change Settings I loaded my Savegame and it was saved after the Qualifying. So i could enter the race. but the "settings" where still changed. I changed them back to Hard and back to custom while in the race.

This happened again, but i just "Restarted the Race" after i crossed the finish line. The Achievement popped up while i was mathematically Champion.

I hope I described it understandable and i can help some people.

Auto save off?

• 2 weeks later...

Just To be sure... I have autosave off, and sometimes i got concentred in the race, with some rival just after me in the final lap, and forgot Changing settings and also switching Xbox off in time... In that case, i just go to Dashboard and reload the carreer in the last point i saved manually.. So i began the race again, and this time i changed the settings To hard in time... I think this way a can still get the achievement... Am i wrong? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Marioflabr

Edited by marioeduardo

Just To be sure... I have autosave off, and sometimes i got concentred in the race, with some rival just after me in the final lap, and forgot Changing settings and also switching Xbox off in time... In that case, i just go to Dashboard and reload the carreer in the last point i saved manually.. So i began the race again, and this time i changed the settings To hard in time... I think this way a can still get the achievement... Am i wrong? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Marioflabr

Correct. When you load up your last save just make sure the setting is on hard when you leave the trailer to go to the track. I think its also where they ask the race length. Then start the race and change the setting when you are on track like you did before. I finished a couple races and forgot to change the settings back. I just dashboarded and started over. The achievement unlock for me no problem.

Edit: to be safe i saved after each race. At one point i completed 3 races without saving. Then i passed the finish line without changing the settings back, so I had to redo all three races.

Correct. When you load up your last save just make sure the setting is on hard when you leave the trailer to go to the track. I think its also where they ask the race length. Then start the race and change the setting when you are on track like you did before. I finished a couple races and forgot to change the settings back. I just dashboarded and started over. The achievement unlock for me no problem.

Edit: to be safe i saved after each race. At one point i completed 3 races without saving. Then i passed the finish line without changing the settings back, so I had to redo all three races.

Thanks dude.. Just popped the cheevo...

I can confirm the exploit works on Hard, I even messed up on a few practice & qualifying sessions but made sure the race side was taken care of (Hard to start, change on track, Hard over the finish line).

It popped for me after the Japanese GP as I was struggling like F*** to beat the pro A.I often having to come from the back of the field to win although I think I got 4 poles.

Ah and I did it all with 3 lap races

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so I forgot to revert to the hrd settings after a quali session i dashboarded at the screen where i am in the garage with my mechanic is that to late as when i loaded it back up it said custom next to the difficulty level?? This could make sense as the last time the settings autosaved it was custom any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Just started my second season with the difficulty set to hard.

I'm on practice on Melbourne and as I took control I changed the settings to the ones that suit me. Just about to jump back into garage and the difficulty still says "Custom" and I'm unable to change it back to "Hard".

Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...
Just started my second season with the difficulty set to hard.

I'm on practice on Melbourne and as I took control I changed the settings to the ones that suit me. Just about to jump back into garage and the difficulty still says "Custom" and I'm unable to change it back to "Hard".

Can anyone help?

The settings have to be the default ones for Hard, then it will change.

Brake Assist OFF

ABS ON

Traction Control MEDIUM

Dynamic Racing Line OFF

Gearbox MANUAL SEQUENTIAL

Pit Assist OFF

Racing Line Type 3D