Misc. 13-14 A+ Setups

TNTJudbud

I cannot capture images from my phone yet, but I am going to try to explain my solution to 13-8, as this might help you.

My solution got me $24,047. It uses the three right-facing bombs, and none of the timer bombs.

If you consider the puzzle, there are four horizontal levels of boards in the structure. The frog is sitting on the top one. The 2nd and 3rd one are the long ones, made up of two long cross-pieces. The fourth one touches the ground.

My solution involves starting with two bombs in the center of the 2nd horizontal level of boards, and one bomb in the center of the 3rd level of boards, at the far right of the left board. You know the solution is going to look something like this, because that's where you get the maximum bomb bonus for these three bombs.

Then you start sliding the bombs away from the center, a bit at a time, trying to find a sweet spot where you're still getting maximum bomb scores, but you are also flattening the structure. I ended up in a place where the bomb on the left board on the 2nd level had the end of its arrow right where the two boards come together. The bomb on the right board of the 2nd level has the flat part of its arrow on the right side of the right-most white support connecting the first and second horizontal layers. The bomb on the 3rd layer is a little bit to the left of the bomb on the 2nd layer, left of center.

In the solution I run, the left bomb on the second level gets 3950. The right bomb on the second level gets 3350. The bomb on the 3rd level gets 3250. And the refuse settles down to 12.9ft. This gives $24,047 -- $10,550 in Explosion Points, $3,497 in Height Bonus, $7,500 in unused bomb bonus, and $2,500 in difficulty bonus.

Sorry I can't submit a photo. I do not know how to take screenshots of my WP7.

Edited by SteveSw
spelling error

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a solution for 14-7, as well. Still no photos, as I do not know how to take a screen capture from my phone.

I use all six bombs here, and get a score of $17,021. Since it's a hard level, you don't need me to tell you that you get close with the pattern, and then fiddle with the placement until you get it Just Exactly Perfect.

The three left-pointing bombs are all above the right-most of the three vertical boards touching the ground (the one closest to the rock), and very close to one another. From bottom to top, the first bomb is at the far right of the short horizontal board immediately above the three vertical boards. The second bomb is on the single long horizontal board above the first layer of boards; the bomb's core is a bit to the right of the crack between the boards above the right-most vertical board touching the ground. The third bomb is at the bottom of the verticle board above and between the gap between the right-most of the three vertical boards and the rock. When I explode this, the bottom bomb gives me $1450, and the upper two bombs give me $2250.

The problem with this basic setup is that it does not settle, on account of blockages from the long boards. So, I put the three timer bombs in the middle of some of the long boards, so they'll break up during settling. I put the first small timer bomb in the middle of the crosspiece resting on the rock. I put the second small timer bomb in the middle of the crosspiece over the existing bombs (the crosspiece in the middle of the "second layer" of crosspieces in this building). I put the third small timer bomb in the middle of the crosspiece under the little tower on the left of the building, the leftmost of the long crosspieces on the second horizontal layer of the building. The first timer bomb gives me $1050, the second timer bomb gives me $1800, and the third timer bomb gives me $2750.

The building eventually settles to 14ft, 9inches.

I get $11,500 of explosion points, $3,921 of height bonus, and $2500 difficulty points.

For the people having trouble with this image. The bomb on the right needs to be 1 'snap' down from the top position it can be. It's a slight ajustment, but enough to be a failure or an A+ score. :)

I found that I had to have both of the vertically-oriented bombs a titch lower than their highest position to get this to work. That gave me $14,658, just enough to slide through.

I came up with an alternate solution for 14-9 since it seemed like a lot of people were having trouble with it. See the attachment for a picture. If someone could help me with 13-1 I would appreciate it since I can't even get close to an A+.

EDIT: Tried 13-1 one more time after I posted this and got it! Thanks to gooshnoff15 for the bomb placement idea! I'm including this picture as well in case anyone needs it.

Edited by Officer Zero

Anyone have any advice for 13-10? The picture show in the first post doesnt work on veteran. I just changed it to Novice but only got an A.

Never mind I took out 2 bombs on novice and it worked.

14-2? the posted tips aren't working unless I'm in the wrong spot but there is only 1 plus sign. Got it i just needed to add a delay bomb to the bottom leg that wouldn't drop. Now having trouble with 14-7

Thank you! Worked first try.

Edited by Kairi
Double Post

I need help with 14-2 14-7 and 14-9

14-2 is gonna drive me crazy :p can only get a B on it.[/quote

for 14-2 just put your 3 down blast bombs on the upper right P give about 4200 over the target score

This works on WP!!!!

Edited by Kairi
Double Post

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For those who has problems with 13-9:

try the solution from the picture, BUT put all 3 directional bombs from the right side to the left - worked for me from the 1st time 21732 A+

For anyone having trouble with 13-9 read this advice. It worked like a charm after many times trying and tweaking the solution posted.

• 2 weeks later...

need help.....

sorry wrong need help on 14-9

need help on 14-7

do you need to complete all 15 levels at A+ for the cheevo

complete all levels A+ that is, if so guide for level 15 would be appreciated

Edited by Kairi
Multiple Posts

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Since there isn't a good description of how to solve 14-7 here's how I did it.

14-7

First Directional bomb right where the board meets the rock.

Second directional bomb on the upper right corner of the right most square.

Third directional bomb under the topmost rightmost vertical.

A timed bomb on the same level as the first directional bomb on the right end of the leftmost board.

Falls to 13.1 and nets 16,785 with 2,500 difficulty bonus.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...