Unicorn Cars Question

IEvil IMonkey

Ok I'm still a little confused by this...

On Forzamotorsport.net it says the following...

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

Now I know you could buy these cars on the auction house for crazy money but he says here that you was also gifted them from the community team - Now I know i received a few cars during Forza3 saying it was a "GIFT" from Turn10 so are these cars Unicorns :confused:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going by the full car list, it seems many of the unicorns will be regular - if pricey - cars that were in FM3 like the Murciélago LP640.

Personally I hope many of them will be importable as I never really agreed with limiting some cars to only the hardcore gamers who can afford to spend lots of time with it and the credit cheaters.

Will anybody who has one of the Unicorn Cars in Forza3 (and still has the game/save) BUT IS NOT getting Forza4 be willing to send me one so I can unlock the Achievement straight away when I start Forza4???

The unicorns are:

2006 Subaru Impreza S204

1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe

2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A

I will of course send it straight back after getting the achievement once Forza4 is released on Oct14th

Please send me a message over LIVE @ IEvil IMonkey

Many Thanks

Will anybody who has one of the Unicorn Cars in Forza3 (and still has the game/save) BUT IS NOT getting Forza4 be willing to send me one so I can unlock the Achievement straight away when I start Forza4???

The unicorns are:

2006 Subaru Impreza S204

I will of course send it straight back after getting the achievement once Forza4 is released on Oct14th

Many Thanks

No way in hell!

The reason I say that is because Turn 10 locked the cars. Once you get one, you can't sell it, you can't gift it, and you can't put it up for auction. The only thing you can do other than keeping it is to sell it in game for a few thousand credits.

Plus, If we could trade, there would be no way in hell I'd give it to a stranger! ;)

But I thought you'd get a Unicorn Car in Forza 3 for pre-ordering Forza 4 and sending Turn 10 the receipt? Then you'd have the unicorn on your FM3 profile and once you import it to Forza 4 the achievement will unlock?

Perfectly right.

"The "Unicorn Hunter" cheevo will pop as soon as you import your profile from FM3, if you have any Unicorns in your FM3 garage."
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4811378.aspx Edited by red_hammer

The unicorns are:

2006 Subaru Impreza S204

Many Thanks

When you preordered the game anyway, all you need to do is being part of the Preorder Incentives Program...

Send your preorder receipt to the developers and you'll get the RX-7 Spirit R in FM3.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

I can confirm it's working since I did just this last monday and had my Unicorn tuesday morning...

When you preordered the game anyway, all you need to do is being part of the Preorder Incentives Program...

Send your preorder receipt to the developers and you'll get the RX-7 Spirit R in FM3.

I can confirm it's working since I did just this last monday and had my Unicorn tuesday morning...

Ive just done this today with my preorder receipt... fingers crossed :woop:

Ok I followed your link (above) and followed the steps so is that it.... I just keep loading up Forza3 every day until I get a msg?? Im a member of forzamotorsport.net but did I need to do anything else to become a Preorder Incentives Program member or does sending the email enter you into it??

Many thanks :woop:

Ok I followed your link (above) and followed the steps so is that it.... I just keep loading up Forza3 every day until I get a msg?? Im a member of forzamotorsport.net but did I need to do anything else to become a Preorder Incentives Program member or does sending the email enter you into it??

Many thanks :woop:

Following the steps there should be it... yep.

Unforunately I can't tell you when you'll receive the unicorn - I got mine within 24 hrs and I consider myself pretty lucky cause I already read of ppl waiting for 4 weeks...

Unforunately I can't tell you when you'll receive the unicorn - I got mine within 24 hrs and I consider myself pretty lucky cause I already read of ppl waiting for 4 weeks...

Well its no hassle to fire F3 up from now till F4 :woop: just hope it gets gifted before F4 release

Thanks for the info and reply

I meant the FM4 pre-order incentive unicorn. I thought you knew about it, sorry for the confusion :p

Ok no worries :Bounce: I dont know if the cars listed in the other thread will unlock the Unicorn achievement straight away (the Ferrari and Lambo) so I may aswell try this preorder incentive for a unicorn aswell :woop: I preordered back in July when the LCE became available to preorder in my local Gamestation but I honestly knew nothing about this scheme so fingers x'd now

will you get an e-mail from microsoft with a dlc code or how do you know when your unicorn arrived?