Worth it?

Perky Nana

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys

we've only had our xbox + kinect for a couple of weeks, but i think it's well worth it! we love it. the games are heaps of fun, and it's great when you have friends over etc.

definitely not for the hardcore gamer, but for something different or a quick game with friends it's awesome :)

I have two of them for both Xboxes. My kids love using it. They are 8-11 years old. I use it mainly for the dashboard controls. But--shortly after we got the Kinects--my oldest son's friends moved out of state--it was nice that they could still talk to each other face to face. Very much worth it all in all.

The price tag for a Kinect is a bit steep. I do enjoy it though, but don't feel I've gotten my money's worth... yet. There are some fun games out there, though a lot can be buggy. Having fun with Rabbids Alive and Kicking, though the game basically is letting me know in its own special way that I am out of shape. :(

I still can't decide whether or not to buy it. I love all things gadgets and the new dashboard update seems well intergrated, my only concern, beside the lack of space at my place, is the games. I'm not really a fan of games like Kinectimals. The sports ones seem like a good party game but i rarely have friends over, (we usually meet up elsewhere).

I was waiting to see how it was intergrated with games like Forza, Halo: CEA & ME3 but from what i've seen in reviews the kinect portion is more a gimmick

You will need space for the Kinect to work well, more than what they recommend IMO. The Forza Kinect driving feature isn't brilliant and certainly not worth buying a Kinect for, you're right with the word "gimmick".

Its like a Wii but much better, the space available is the limiting factor though.

Been debating whether or not I should pick this up, so I appreciated this post along with the replies. I have about $100 to spend at the Microsoft Store, so I'm most likely going to get it. The only way I wouldn't would be because the Kinect 2. But, that's not releasing until the next Xbox...right? Hopefully.

You will need space for the Kinect to work well, more than what they recommend IMO. The Forza Kinect driving feature isn't brilliant and certainly not worth buying a Kinect for, you're right with the word "gimmick".

Its like a Wii but much better, the space available is the limiting factor though.

Like you said "more space than recommended" would make the purchase a waste for me at the moment. If the times comes and the games pick up i may have to rearrange my living room.

If you have a significant other that enjoys working out, the dancing games make kinect totally worth it. My gf loves em.

Some how the idea of my girlfriend dancing in front of me while i sit on the couch doesn't seem right:p

Honestly, i think the kinect is brilliant. So much more interactive than the other stuff on the market atm, and just loads of fun. Got mine last christmas, and i'm still not bored of it. Great for exercising and losing weight too, which is a total bonus i think as it doesn't FEEL like a regular exercise routine... but if you're playing the games right, you're bound to work up a sweat :)

It depends on what type of gamer you are. If you like the Wii, then the kinect is 1,000 times better than the Wii. If you are a core gamer and think there is no place for something like a kinect, then you may not like it. There arent a ton of good games for the kinect, but the good ones are very very good. I think it is great if you have a girlfriend/wife who doesnt like video games, but maybe they would like the kinect. Its also great if you have children that are maybe 8-10 years old.

exactly why i bought one my girlfriend loves it, its not something i would ever play by myself but with people its pretty fun i think it was worth the money

I was pretty skeptical about buying one. My brother in law bought one when it debuted, and I think he ending up paying $250 for it, including Kinect adventures. He talked it up, then eventually he unplugged it and set it aside to collect dust.

I went to my local Gamestop the other day, and the clerk informed me that they had gotten an new shipment of Kinects in the night before. He said they were on sale for $79.99 including Kinect Adventures, Fruit Ninja, and Gunstringer. Needless to say, I splurged a bit and picked one up, although I've never really been too interested in one. Saw it the other day at Walmart, exact bundle, for $149.99.

I'm satisfied with it, certainly adds a new element to gaming I'd say. If you are hesitant about buying it, try it at a friends house first, or find it used. I wouldn't have purchased it for full price, but I enjoy it.