Are All The "Ranked" Players Like This?

CrownlessKing

That sucks man, people can be such asses. I've had similar situations happen to me as well. I remember back when MW2 was popular, and I went out and picked up the game, trying to check it out. I've never been a huge fan of shooters, but the game was all hyped about, so I figured it was a good game. I beat the campaign and proceeded to try online play. And I had people making fun of me and sending rude messages. And my only thought is "seriously? my thing says 'fng' for a reason!". I was new to the game, and wanted to learn how to play. I wasn't even in a ranked match, just a public one! And they were just incredibly rude and inscensitive. I mean new people try out games all of the time, they shouldn't be talked down to for their lack of experience. It ruined MW2 for me, and I have NOT played it since. I also very rarely play games online because of stupid things like this. I still play L4D and L4D2 online, but that's about it. I understand you can mute people to avoid this, but I feel like people shouldn't have to. There is no reason to be so vulgar and rude.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ranked match can be quite fun if you're on your own, and fancy a really realistic game, where everyone uses tactics and every possible feature, like spotting the enemy, but its just too tense and slow for my liking, plus it takes a lot longer to carry on playing as you need to find a new match

To the original poster. Play whatever you like. Ranked or quick match and who the fuck are these so called 'pros' telling you it's not your place to play in ranked.

As far as i'm concerned you paid the same 50 bucks as they did so you can do what the fuck you like.

If you do suck in ranked so what? laugh in their faces and tell them you owned like a boss regardless on how you did. Taunt them back and speak over them. pretend to be a douche and piss them off even more.

Ranked just means there's players in the match all the time and it's 1 game before you have to seach again

Quick match lets you stay in the match and people drop in and out occasionally replaced by bots. ( you get the same points as ranked faster)

^ This FTW , it's your game do as you please as long as it aint cheating :) fook every one else!

Every game that has multiplayer is going to have a significant percentage of players who talk shit and will send messages. So to answer your question, yes, if you play ranked or even quick matchs you will run across "these" people. The issue really is that these people are insignificant in real life so when they are awsome at gaming they feel the need to voice it. Im a firm believer in letting your actions speak for you. I have a few friends who talk shit and I cringe when they do so because it reflects badly on our whole team.

IMO, we all paid the same amount for the game. The guy who went 3-13 has just as much right to be in a ranked game as the guy who went 13-3. It's a public server.

If you just want to play with other good (or bad) players, then play private matches and invite people to your games. Problem solved. But if you're going to play on a public server, the good players need to understand that bad/"noob" players have just as much of a right to be there as they do, and the "noobs" have to expect to get completely decimated by the better players.

Nobody has a "right" to play with any particular type of player on a public server. You play with what they give you. Deal with it or play private games. Anyone who sends messages like what the OP described should be reported and face a nice 30 day vacation; wanna ruin someone else's fun by sending them hate messages? See ya in a month, asshole.

There's more to life than having fun...as I am sure you're aware. In just the same way, there's more to video games than "having fun". Ranked matches should be tough, strategic, battles of skill. They shouldn't be about, "having fun". The team is only as strong as it's weakest player.

Um.....it's a fucking video game.

ANOTHER thing! What is it with people in execution taking the piss on the last kill? Extending the final execution out for ages and making all other 9 people in the game sit and watch this total idiot punching the guy over and over again 10 times in a row... Tedious.

I asked the same question myself.....as I understand it, you can keep tapping Y and punch over and over, getting more XP with each punch. The problem is that it leaves you vulnerable to attack. Since it's the last kill, there's nobody left to attack you, leaving you open to get the max amount of punches with no risk of dying.

There's a certain level of etiquette. If you're not going to play up to level, it is rude to be a dead weight in a ranked match. There's plenty of unranked matches you can go in to dick around in and "have fun". Ranked matches aren't for "having fun", they're for serious competition. Where they separate the men from the boys.

Everyone has the right to play ranked matches though, they are on a public server. I understand the frustration it may cause, but also understand this kind of disrespect and hostility doesn't just happen on ranked matches either. It happens in regular public matches at well. Where is the ettiquite then? And yes, it is about competition, but ultimately, video games are still meant to have fun. Winning of course is great, but there is no need to send rude messages or make snide comments to people.

Xbox has this fantastic little option where you can put all your text and voice communications to 'Friends Only',

A little restrictive as in the genuine 5% who actually say positive stuff is blocked) but oh my is it a Godsend in public matches, especially on games like COD, hell it even works in S+D mode where you're forced into Game Chat. Love it.

Should we really have to do this though? Shouldn't people just not make rude comments towars people who are clearly new(er) to the game? or are having trouble? *shrug* It just seems like there is an overall lack of respect on any kind of public server on competative games. People just can't seem to enjoy the game anymore.

IMO, we all paid the same amount for the game. The guy who went 3-13 has just as much right to be in a ranked game as the guy who went 13-3. It's a public server.

If you just want to play with other good (or bad) players, then play private matches and invite people to your games. Problem solved. But if you're going to play on a public server, the good players need to understand that bad/"noob" players have just as much of a right to be there as they do, and the "noobs" have to expect to get completely decimated by the better players.

Nobody has a "right" to play with any particular type of player on a public server. You play with what they give you. Deal with it or play private games. Anyone who sends messages like what the OP described should be reported and face a nice 30 day vacation; wanna ruin someone else's fun by sending them hate messages? See ya in a month, asshole.

^^ Well said friend. Right on.

what game mode were you playing? if it was TDM then I can see why he would be pissed. You were pretty much the sole reason your team lost. I'm not saying it's okay to send hate messages to players but if your playing ranked games and are really bad at the game then you should be ready to receive quite a few negative messages.

I had a similar experience as the OP myself, excpet I was the good one on my team but it goes to show u how much of a dick people can be;

I was playing TDM on Sandbar (I believe that was the map with the beaches & cliffs) & all of my team had mics & I was just playing a match or 2 before going to work so I didn't plug my mic in & they all died in the first minute or so. I killed 2 people to grab the boomshot & killed 5 of them with that. The other team finally went to killing my teammates who couldn't even take down one of them & lost all our lives while I did my best to defend them but when they charge straight at guys with retro lancers hoping to shot gun them their is no hope. I being the only one left went & camped out in the top cliff area & took their entire team down from 12 respwands down to their final 3 players by myself. When they finally got smart & one of them grabbed the hammer of Dawn which respawned after I ran out of ammo with it & tried to use it on me. It caused me to leave my safe area I had & in the midst of trying to fight off the other two I got killed by the Hammer.

After the match my entire team started telling me how much I sucked and that I should have dropped my retro lancer for a regular lancer for more accuracy & if I had done that I wouldn't have died because I would have been able to kill the guy with the Hammer & they were telling each other that I was a horrible teammate & didn't know how to play gears at all.

When I plugged in my mic & told them all to stop saying I sucked when they all died in the first minutes of the game & I killed nearly there entire team they all defended themselves by saying I was a pussy who survived by hiding the entire match while they did the fighting & dying. By that I point I just turned my mic back off, avoided them as players, & shut my xbox off & went to work.

Just ignore what anyone else says in Ranked, if your just having few bad games and a guy's mouthing off ignore him, then when the games over "Avoid", "File a Complaint" even if he goes to far, and keep playin'. Eventually you'll get better and you'll have guys bitching because your too good. Guys in ranked are mostly like "I must have the highest w/l ratio and the highest k/d ratio" and get really bitchy when they start losing...even if your on the other team. 95% of my negative feedback on xbox is from gears 2 for being Too Aggressive/Unsporting (usually from games where I had a high K/D) and the odd Trash Talking (which is funny because I usually have my mic off or I am in a party chat with friends). I have yet to play a ranked game in Gears3 because of all the reasons above, I hate whinny little bitches, besides I like social more because of the drop in/out without waiting to find players.

Best advice, ignore everyone and play with friends!

LOL at the OP!

He was just raging at an "easy target" for his own short comings and being raped.

It's easy to blame the person on the team that does the worst. But it's funny when they have a 1.0 k/d themselves proving they aren't even good at the game they claim to destroy in.

I personally find it funny how you reported him for sending a vulgar message AFTER you sent him a message telling him to fuck off.

This^. Way to rise above the bullshit. Oh wait...

Not to mention you make a whole thread to point out how big of an asshole this kid is. It's apparent you took the high road in this situation. Also, you state you're not good at Gears carrying a .4 KDR, and then take offense when someone calls you on it. Really?

I don't often get those sort of PM's, but I just find it funny when I do. I either ignore them, but if I could be bothered I'll respond pretending that I don't speak english well, just say shit like "YOU ARE A FUNNY, WE ARE BEING FRENDS YES?"

Or I just tell them I'm glad I ruined their game. Either is fine.

The team is only as strong as it's weakest player.

LOL! That made me laugh. You can have somebody that does COMPLETE CRAP, and still win. For example, I was playing with a group of friends on Ranked TDM. After the match started one guy quit, which put us with a bot. Needless to say the bot did shitty. 0-15 to be exact. Yet we STILL won. It was close, but we still beat them 3-2. I'm just saying that if you have someone like that on your team YOU need to take responsibility for them. Don't blame them and send them hateful messages. Next time that happens maybe YOU should be the one that steps up, and not them.

I don't often get those sort of PM's, but I just find it funny when I do. I either ignore them, but if I could be bothered I'll respond pretending that I don't speak english well, just say shit like "YOU ARE A FUNNY, WE ARE BEING FRENDS YES?"

Haha i need to try this, I usually just send them a lovely "<3"

To be honest, some people (like me) care about our k/d or w/L ratio and playing in ranked seems to be your best bet to 'prove' yourself to the more 'elite' Gears players. I can see how people get annoyed and i can admit to sending hateful messages to people who use the sniper and miss every shot when there is probably someone more deserving of it and can actually help its team with such weapons.

But yes, ranked seems to have many aggressive players who only care about their own k/d and rage when someone who lacks their skills stuffs it up for them...

To be honest, some people (like me) care about our k/d or w/L ratio and playing in ranked seems to be your best bet to 'prove' yourself to the more 'elite' Gears players. I can see how people get annoyed and i can admit to sending hateful messages to people who use the sniper and miss every shot when there is probably someone more deserving of it and can actually help its team with such weapons.

But yes, ranked seems to have many aggressive players who only care about their own k/d and rage when someone who lacks their skills stuffs it up for them...

What? In the first paragraph you say you send hateful messages to people you don't consider worthy, then in the second you condemn people who do exactly that? So which is it?

As has been said already, this guy was just being an ass.

I've had the argument over K/D with my brother in law dozens of times (he's obsessed, I think its just a number in a GAME).

Some people just can't grasp that at the end of the day, for one person to have a "good" K/D, somebody, somewhere, has to have a bad one.

And some people are just dicks.

lol, if I get hate mail for whatever reason, I usually just reply with utter nonsense and stuff that doesn't make much sense, such as 'srry 'o' key is brken'.

As I mentioned in a previous post you can't have a great game EVERY time. This is the nature of online play where your always testing your skills against random people who vary in skill themselves from piss poor to awesome no life except gears skills.

I consider myself to be average at Gears in that I can maintain a 1.1 K/D and I generally have more kills than deaths in most games so this is slowly creeping up and will soon hit 1.2. I've had some awesome games and I've got plenty of MVP ribbons and had games with around 30 kills and less than 10 deaths. I've also had a few stinkers where I've had my arse handed to me. What keeps me playing is the fact I have way more good games than bad.

Anyway, my point is if I have a bad ranked match I don't get why someone would want to send me a hate message. For all they know I had 5 awesome games previously and just happened to have a stinker. Thus is why I like the quick match option as you get to see what players are consistent. I played the other night with a mate and for the whole evening (about 2 hours lol) I was constantly top of my team with more kills and points than anyone and often more than the other team. Never sent any abusive messages to the poor performers, mainly cause my mate was bottom lol but mainly because if I have a weak link then as someone else above me said it's up to me to get my A game out and help the team instead of blaming someone.