Are All The "Ranked" Players Like This?

CrownlessKing

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had plenty for Gears 2 but nothing on Gears 3 then again, I just do quick match because I don't care for ranked matches. Like everyone says, just stick to quick match. Who cares if you end up being with bots, sometimes you can actually win with bots. I know I have.

I usually get more hate through fighting games. I think people who play fighting games tend to get more butthurt than anybody. YOUR CHEAP, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY RIGHT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT! Lol, like someone said, ignore it, and file a complaint so they won't have Live for a good day or two just to fuck them over.

Don't even take it serious because in the end, it's going to be a waste of time. Just file complaint and keep playing. No need for crying, always best to be the bigger man and move on.

I think everyone should resolve to be as courteous online as they would be in their every day life when they meet others in person, and also have a right to expect such courtesy in return. Would you meet someone for the first time and start shouting abuse at them? Hopefully not.

So I don't necessarily agree that it's your game and you should play however you like. After all, your actions are also affecting someone else's enjoyment of their game. But not being as good as they are at the game is most certainly not one of those considerations. If I get into a game at which I suck, or which I have played for a while and I know I'm going to be rusty until I get up to speed, I'll just say that up front.

A lot of the problem is that people don't actually talk to each other online at all. So the first words they exchange is trash talk over a mistake or the fact they owned you, apparently. Nice. It makes sense to let someone who joins your game know what the House Rules are. That removes a lot of potential for misunderstanding. They'll know how you like to play the game and can decide whether it suits them or not. A quick pre-match chat in the game lobby will often tell you all you need to know. But yes joining mid-game is always going to be a lottery.

I don't play online a huge amount. But when I do it's a mixed bag. Some great team-spirited players. Some douchebags. But as for Gears being the worst game for this bad attitude, I'm no expert, but have you played Halo?

I think everyone should resolve to be as courteous online as they would be in their every day life when they meet others in person, and also have a right to expect such courtesy in return. Would you meet someone for the first time and start shouting abuse at them? Hopefully not.

It's always amazed me to observe how people act on xbox live. I guess it's the anonymity of the service that allows for douche-baggery. Perhaps I was raised different, but my parents would have beaten the crap out of me if I was to speak the way some of the kids I hear on live speak.

So much for the golden rule, I guess.

Worst game with bad attitudes online: I would throw COD in there right behind Forza. Those racers feel like they are gods gift to fake car driving. :rolleyes:

What's the difference? Team owners invest their money in these players, and coaches, expecting them to win games and bring wealth and accomplishment to the franchise. Gamers invest time and money in learning how to play these games and getting their skill level up so that they can be successful.

What does professionalism have to do with anything? Fine. Take an AMATEUR, unpaid, not-that-serious football team...and have some idiot do the same thing. Does that change your response? When his teammates get angry at him for fucking around and messing up their game, should they just pat him on the back and say, "Ahh, well...at least you tried"? No, of course not.

And again...Gears of War is just a video game. It is not serious. What IS serious, however, is the enjoyment one can experience from legitimate competition. I am not sure why this makes you so angry. I don't expect teammates to all be amazing...but I certainly expect my teammates to do better than 3-13. I'm tired of all the idiots online who purposefully play poorly. Xbox Live is not a daycare center. If you want to play with the mental acuity of a 2 year old, at LEAST play in the unranked matches.

We have the next GOW Pro And NFL Player.... Congratssss MxPx.

Welcome to the Most Elite players...... so freacking idiot

So I don't necessarily agree that it's your game and you should play however you like. After all, your actions are also affecting someone else's enjoyment of their game. But not being as good as they are at the game is most certainly not one of those considerations. If I get into a game at which I suck, or which I have played for a while and I know I'm going to be rusty until I get up to speed, I'll just say that up front.

Agreed, I don't think I phrased my comment as well as I could've. I don't mean go around ruining it for other players, you've pretty much summed up exactly what I mean by that. Play the mode you want to and don't feel under pressure to be some sort of elite super soldier because you've got some up-his-own-ass douchebag in the match jacking off his e-penis.

I have nothing against being confident, and/or cocky in any walk of life. But there's a big difference between being confident and between being a grade A prick.

Play the mode you want to and don't feel under pressure to be some sort of elite super soldier because you've got some up-his-own-ass douchebag in the match jacking off his e-penis.

I have nothing against being confident, and/or cocky in any walk of life. But there's a big difference between being confident and between being a grade A prick.

I'm with you on that. Well said.

Plus you don't have a headset. People who come to play "team" games without headsets is my biggest pet peeve. How are you supposed to work as a team ? Spot people? Lol

99% of the time, no one is talking in any online game I play, even if I show that I have a headset (or give relevant intel).

OT: People send BS messages to me even in Quick matches, and I almost always go positive and am in the top 3-5 highest scoring players across both teams. Ranked is more elitist, but f*ck those guys, the point is people are just going to talk sh*t regardless...or not; don't stop playing ranked because of hate mail, just do whatever you want.

I see poor gameplay in ranked and outside of it, but I prefer quick because I can quit without penalty if I don't like the way a match is going (I normally don't quit after the 1st round though).

Although I get frustrated if I feel like my team is not performing well enough, I never flame them. Asking questions like "why are you camping @ pistol when the game of KOTH just started?" are much more practical (though still fruitless, because no one talks).

"Serious" Gears players, whom you will find in ranked matches in disproportionately large quantities, will use every opportunity to talk crap.

If you do bad you obviously need to go into quick match.

If you do good you're obviously hosting on a bad connection.

If you use rifles/SOS, you're a no skill noob.

If you use power weapons, that's clearly all you can use.

If you use the longshot, you're a camping little b****.

The only acceptable weapon to use is apparently the gnasher. And yet, I've even gotten crap for using that (not for being good, specifically for using the gnasher). Go figure.

99.9% of my game play is in QM. I'm not king **** or anything like that but I hold my own (1.0 K/D).

I personally like it because once the match is over another one is starting within a min. Not sitting there waiting for a couple of mins at times for another game to start. If I wanted to sit and watch a loading screen all day I would play Duke Nukem Forever.

Also as for top talent I play with some bad mofo's and see plenty of them in QM as well. So ranked isn't like where every good player hangs at.

To the original poster. Play whatever you like. Ranked or quick match and who the fuck are these so called 'pros' telling you it's not your place to play in ranked.

As far as i'm concerned you paid the same 50 bucks as they did so you can do what the fuck you like.

If you do suck in ranked so what? laugh in their faces and tell them you owned like a boss regardless on how you did. Taunt them back and speak over them. pretend to be a douche and piss them off even more.

Ranked just means there's players in the match all the time and it's 1 game before you have to seach again

Quick match lets you stay in the match and people drop in and out occasionally replaced by bots. ( you get the same points as ranked faster)

I agree...also, in order to get your gameplay to a higher level, one can justify why to play against better opponents in ranked rather than quick match. It makes you better... So, don't let others discourage you in playing in ranked matches. There will always be douchebags out there that feel entitled to something that holds no value other than to themselves.

I just really don't care if any of my teammates go negative or we lose a match. It's not a big deal. I only care if I did how well I feel I should have done. I'm not amazing by any stretch, but I know how good I can be, and if I perform below that, I get irritated at myself. I have only once sent a hateful message over Live, and that was because some douchebag stole my silverback in horde and blew it up the very next wave.

The only thing that irritates me is when a teammate is AFK. If you're going to be away from your controller, exit the damn game.

I love Gears of War. I'm not master at it, I have some good games, some great games and some incredibly lame games. But I'll be damned if this game doesn't have the single worst, whiniest, bitchiest, most up their own asses sorry excuse for a community I have ever come across. In my experience, 80% of people who play this game are complete assholes. I couldn't care less if my poor performance cost my team the match. I play to have fun, not to appease the so called "Gears Vets" (excuse me while I sick up in my mouth). I play quick match because it's exactly that, quick. I can play 4-5 games in the time it takes to matchmake and find a couple of ranked games, but nobody - and I mean nobody - is going to dictate what mode I play online. I spent my money on the game like everybody else. Just because I don't want a shotgun gangbang or don't want to spazz out between walls like some epileptic on ice doesnt give anybody the right to call me out over it.

The people who play this game and call others out for not playing it the way they want you to seriously need to get a life and grow up. Nothing pisses me off in gaming more than the likes of you.

To the OP. play it however you want, ignore the douchebags online - play whatever mode you like and let them get an ulcer over it. It's your game, play it how you want and to hell with those who say otherwise.

I hear that.

I've ran into that same type of player in quick match as well, so annoying. As so many others have stated, just play whatever you want and enjoy yourself. And to those who are making comparisons between the OP and NFL players...dude, really? This guy wasn't running around like a clown and purposely dying or just standing there and idle boosting...so saying that's like a wide receiver running in the opposite direction and getting a safety is just a tad bit off.

Just wanna add something that real gears guys can appreciate n agree with.to the main question,at this point YES every ranked guy is a doosh for lack of a better word.they don't only flame uwith msgs,but in the ways they play as well.What a lot of new ppl won't realise is that A LOT of these "ranked" guys can only make stats with their "go to" squads.they r nowhere near as good when they play with randoms.

but to get to my bigger point...u will also find these same guys in quick matches as well.I personally spent the 1st 3 months playing ranked only.I stopped and made the switch to quick once I realised that EVERY ranked game was gonna be me versus a team of five who ALWAYS play together.now thats not the problem.the problem is these guys play EVERY game like its MLG.and to someone like me who does wanna win but also have fun at the same time,it kills my fun.furthermore u add the trash talk from these guys who real veterans can tell have NO REAL SKILL(pointing 5 rifles at the same guy isnt skill),and its down right unbearable.

the thing that makes me laugh is when I hear that MLG attitude from guys in QUICK MATCH(lols).like seriously guy...ur 2.0's in quick match isn't impressing anyone.so keep ur mouth shut.

To Darth Cragnius :

If you loose a match by trying your best and fighting to the end the best you could, your a good player in my book.

BUT if you loose a match by making uber stupid decisions, or plain and simple refusing to play smart(like backing your teamates at the power weapons at the beginning of the round and keep going at snipe even if you suck ass with it) then you enter in the noobs category to me and the ones i ABSOLUTELY don't wanna be matched with.

Sometimes i see people who try there best, and fail... yet they TRIED there best... They got my respect. But sometimes i try to win a match for my team and all i ask is a little back up at boomshot for exemple(THE weapon everybody should back you at) and what i see is 3-4 morons wondering the maps not knowing what to do.... and once i died fighting 4 guys at boom... they all get boom 1 by 1... YEAH RIGHT....pathetic...

Don't know the maps? do a couple hordes... bots matches, whatever... learn them, then go play.... and im not even just talking about quick... but rank as well... some very pathetic players sometimes its terrible.

I don't play ranked for this exact reason.

You have to ignore the idiots. You payed for the game, play it the way you want to and don't listen to the dumbasses that feel the need to insult others.

Yeah and i paid for it too... so i got the same right to get decent teamates online... Your fun start at the gate of other's fun, thats pretty much a good philosophy in life. Meaning you can play what you want, but if you CHOOSE to play something, play it the right way. For exemple nobody force you to choose rank or VS in the first place... but if you choose to play a ranked game, your commited to finish the game.

Yeah and i paid for it too... so i got the same right to get decent teamates online... Your fun start at the gate of other's fun, thats pretty much a good philosophy in life. Meaning you can play what you want, but if you CHOOSE to play something, play it the right way. For exemple nobody force you to choose rank or VS in the first place... but if you choose to play a ranked game, your commited to finish the game.

Its funny bc alot of those ranked guys who have those outstanding records r among the main ones quitting matches when things don't go their way.u look at their win loss ratios and kds and it goes for nothing when u see an equally high number of ranked disconnects.In mind its equally frustrating losing to these guys as it is beating them and watching them quit.

And while I agree that quitting in general isn't cool(unless guys were kill farming on u),I was always more upset when I had guys on my team just not playing.yeah having bots sucks but at least they play.