Let's have a poll.

PenderPowguin

Will you purchase the Horde Command Pack on day one?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Will you purchase the Horde Command Pack on day one?

• Yep! Don't care about MP, give me DLC NOW!
    • Maybe. Still urked bout not being able to use the maps for MP, but I want the other new content NOW!
    • Nope. I cannot believe Epic would make a move like this. I want MP maps, NOW!
    • DLC is a big ripoff and I refuse to further support Epic by purchasing this content.

This thread will someday become completely useless, and here's why.

I am genuinely curious on how many gamers, as myself, will or will not be purchasing the Horde Command Pack at release due to the maps not being available for multiplayer.

They will most likely offer them in MP at a later release, but that does little to help us MP freaks on day one of the release.

So... poll time.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, i'm not surprised Pender made this poll.

I am a fan of them, no doubt. I enjoy reading data based off of video games, specifically games that I love.

So far, it seems that the majority of participants are not as bothered by not being able to utilize the maps in multiplayer on day one. Honestly, pretty surprising, but interesting none the less.

Q: Why are they not playable in public Versus multiplayer?

A: It is a dedicated server issue. Eventually you will be able to play DLC 1 maps in public Versus, but not at launch. When is TBD.

Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here:

http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/121325214503153664

so absolutly will be available at a later date.

and I will be buying a season pass...so no above options currently apply lol

Right, I am aware that they will be available for a later date. Thus my first line of the post indicating that eventually this thread will be completely useless (if not already for some, i.e. Season Pass holders), though, you can vote for a hypothetical reason (if you didn't have the pass).

This was just a question of those, who did not already purchase the Season Pass, will be purchasing the DLC on day one. Mainly due to the lack of MP accessibility to the new maps, which obviously, bothers the living shit out of me.

Edited by PenderPowguin

Q: Why are they not playable in public Versus multiplayer?

A: It is a dedicated server issue. Eventually you will be able to play DLC 1 maps in public Versus, but not at launch. When is TBD.

Source: Rod Fergusson Twitter post here:

http://twitter.com/#!/GearsViking/status/121325214503153664

so absolutly will be available at a later date.

and I will be buying a season pass...so no above options currently apply lol

That's good to hear. It didn't seem to make sense for them not to make the maps playable in public versus.

Wheres the: "Can't buy it day one due to money problems but plan on buying asap" option? :p

Well anyway, thats why I didn't vote

I think you misunderstand the intention of the poll. If you plan on purchasing it as soon as you can, without the ability to play the new maps in MP, I believe choice one would be your option.

Those who do not wish to vote for Option one because of the "Don't care about MP" should readily dismiss it and just vote if you plan on obtaining it day one (or asap). By not caring about MP, I do not necessarily mean not caring about MP at all. Rather, it doesn't bother you in the least that they will not be available to be used in such.

No need to be overly literal. 4 main idea choices rather than 30 technical ones work a great deal better, in my opinion.

I believe DLC is a huge rip off but do not wish to start another forum-argument with anyone. It is just my opinion and there are already many threads telling me that i am 'wrong'.

Good idea with the poll - i too find it interesting to see other peoples opinions on various games and DLC in particular.

the season pass just gets you 33% off future dlc tho right?

So when the 1st one comes out instead of 800 , you'll pay 540?

Thats the deal is it not!?

On topic, bit disappointed the maps arent for online straight away, but as someone stated b4, it will be soon so its all good!

There will be a tone of DLC for this game for all modes.. Extra Campaign Missions, horde and beast maps, mp maps and more characters and skins. I'm glad I got the season pass. There has not been a game packaged with so much content since the orange box. There is something for everyone and I love that epic is doing right by the fans.

the season pass just gets you 33% off future dlc tho right?

So when the 1st one comes out instead of 800 , you'll pay 540?

Thats the deal is it not!?

On topic, bit disappointed the maps arent for online straight away, but as someone stated b4, it will be soon so its all good!

dlc 1- 800msp

dlc 2- 800msp

dlc 3- 800msp

dlc 4- 1200msp

800+800+800+1200=3600msp season pass is 2400msp 33% off