Was Rage really worth $65?

FSparacino4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was worth the $7.85 I paid to rent it, but I am glad I didn't buy. There isn't much re playability after you get the achievements. It was a fun game, but it won't be one I remember in 10 years.

I've also rented it.

Out of curiosity - I've just started playing the game and came to some sewers and it says you need the gamecode or pay for the DLC, are there any others sections like this and do any of them prevent you getting the 1000GS?

I've also rented it.

Out of curiosity - I've just started playing the game and came to some sewers and it says you need the gamecode or pay for the DLC, are there any others sections like this and do any of them prevent you getting the 1000GS?

The sewers in the wasteland are dlc, which there are no achievements linked to. The gamecode came with the anarchy edition or you can pay the 800msp to access it.

I feel that if it was around 40, I wouldve liked it better. Im halfway through the first disc already and ive been playing less than 5 hours (ive died a few times too!) so I have a feeling that this weekend i will probably knock it out, then go trade it.

having the Anarchy Edition with the Crimson Elite Armor is cool and all, but eh... 65 bucks for a 12-15 hours game...not really worth that much to me.

This is a $30 game not great but ok. wait till it drops in price till you buy it. It's pretty short but looks great I would conisder it light on story and the area's are small.

edited to add: didn't see frozenfoods est $ before I posted lol just quickreplyed from the first page.

I prolly will not play the game again or try to 100% it once I beat it until DLC comes out for it. I think it's already worth the money I paid for it. I'm 7 hrs in still on first disc, and with the time I never have to play games it's worth it to me.

i only payed 25 sovs for this at tesco and it was certainly money well spent, im loving it, and deffo wont be trading it in...ever.

I just beat the game and found it to be very disappointing. It was the quintessential paper dragon...all fluff, no filler.

First, let me say that I've been a huge Id Software fan since the early days of Doom 1 on 16 MB RAM machine. I was very excited about this title and preordered it on Day 1. I found the graphics to be extraordinary. The engine was beautiful, colorful and quite a handful of eye candy. The sounds were ok, suitable for the story/atmosphere. The driving/car combat was enjoyable and I found myself chasing bandits for the fun of it.

But...the downside...

First, the story felt incomplete. I know its kind of hard of creating a wasteland story without coming off as a Fallout clone, but if thats the case, more work should've been incorporated into the story as well as the dialogue. At times, the story felt rushed and certain elements were not fully fleshed out or explored. Very little info on the Authority, on the mutants, etc.

Second, only two hubs seemed like a ripoff. Two main "towns" and the only place to get quests/plot. Maybe its me, but being a Fallout fanboy, I kind of got used to wandering the wasteland for goodies and stuff. In Rage, it just seemed that walking on foot was pointless and for a game that came on three disks, I expected a busload of unique NPCs.

Single player campaign was short....I mean really short for an RPG. My first playthrough was on Hard and I beat the game in under 17 hours and thats taking time to just drive for fun. C'mon, 17 hours on a RPG is a ripoff.

The multiplayer component felt like something the developers added when they realized how short the single player experience was. Its fun for the first hour but for me, it loses its allure quickly. Nothing original and the execution seemed sloppy and under developed.

Overall, I actually felt ripped off. If it was possible, I would ask Bethesda for a refund. I've played some crappy games and understand sometimes it happens, but this game had a huge hype and I can't help but feel that it was given the Fable 3 treatment.

To all those who enjoyed the game, awesome...but after completing the Fallout:NV dlcs with a great story, I really was rooting for this game to give me my wasteland fix, but it failed. Disappointing.

After just beating the game last night, I can honestly say, that Rage was a breath of fresh air to me. I've been playing almost every shooter released the last couple of years, and I'm starting to get sick of the military shooter genre. Rage had and awesome post-apocalyptic setting and excellent shooting mechanics. Nothing less would be expected from the developers of Doom and Quake, of corse! It reminded me of a mix between Fallout and Doom, with a small dash of Motorstorm. Simply put, I loved Rage for what it was, a damn good shooter. As for longevity, it was kinda short. The ending was a bit crap, especially after building up such a compelling story! For me, it was worth every penny. Lately, I've focused more on singleplayer games (a dying breed), and Rage really stands out in that department! The co-op and multiplayer is decent enough, but not something I will be coming back to after beating the game on Nightmare and sweeping up the last achievements... I've been longtime fan of both the Doom and Quake series', and Rage fits right into their category. It might not be remembered the way we remember Doom and Quake these days, but it sure is solid enough to stand on it's own legs! Id has spent many years developing this game, and they should be applaued for their effort. Not many developers focus on singleplayer games these days, and when someone gets it right, they deserve to be aknowledged for it!

This is a $30 game not great but ok. wait till it drops in price till you buy it. It's pretty short but looks great I would conisder it light on story and the area's are small.

edited to add: didn't see frozenfoods est $ before I posted lol just quickreplyed from the first page.

Same here, this game is easily worth 30 dollars. I didn't bother to complete the 1000/1000 on it. I got over 500 and called it a day. Game is just boring, nothing but eye candy. I like the mechanics though, the whole building your own bombs, healing items, sentry bots, and turrets. That was pretty much the best part of the game for me. Other than that, yes that ending was a real letdown. I was watching the ending and said ...... Wow, what a piece of shit. All that work for nothing, you don't even feel that you accomplished anything in the game.

Textures are all muddy even with the game installed. Seems like they went ahead and rushed the game. It takes a while for it to clear up, it reminds me of what the first Mass Effect was. Took a while for the textures to clear up. I wished I skipped this and saved my money on something else. Got rid of it to Amazon for 32.40. I went ahead and kept my preorders because of stupid overrated reviews for the game. That annoyed the hell out of me. I feel bad for PC gamers though especially people who went ahead and spent extra on a powerful machine just to run this disappointment.