Sawed-Off Gib Range reduced to less than the Gnasher today

XxIPUNISH3RIxX

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL it was meant to be lowered from the start you retards. If you could read you would see that it says it's meant to be MELEE RANGE not RIFLE RANGE lol...it's a simple shotgun, not some super hi-tech Autobot shotgun from outerspace.

Glad to see this. Now it's more so a skill thing rather than aim for any area on your screen and pull the trigger...AND take out 2-3 people.

Every game I played today was great and fun, even with the occasional noob TRYING to camp with his sawed off...then he got wallbounced to hell and gnashered.

I really don't get all the complaining about the Sawed Off and the Retro Lancer. If you don't like those guns, go back and play Gears of War 2. I thought the entire point of a sequel was to add things to make the gameplay different. If not, then why not just release new maps for Gears 2 and call it a day?

The sad thing is that Epic will never make everyone happy and changing the game to appease the whiners will only eventually ruin it.

In my opinion, the game was fine the way that it was. I'm sure that I will like the game just as much with the toned down Sawed Off but that's not the point. This just sets a bad precedent of changing the game around because some people can't adapt to the new elements that have been added to the game.

^this verbatim^

Nice try.

The weapon devalued close-quarters combat and abandoned the simple shooting game concept of aim. It was a problem. Not a huge problem, and I wouldn't say it was overpowered either. I'm all for making games accessible and adding things for more casual players but the Sawed-Off was being exploited by people who knew how to play the game, and that's why Epic themselves said it was not being used as intended, and that's why they changed it. Not because of complaining, but because it was bad for the metagame.

Besides that, the weapon is far from useless. It just isn't as mindless anymore.

Can I just say that the above is quite a refreshingly balanced response for this forum.

Not noticed any difference yet, was playing KOTH last night and still seemed to be getting killed from a distance with the SOS. Anyone else noticed any difference?

I've started to adjust my play style because of the range but there are still instances that really annoy. A few times I'd be in cover and still get killed at a distance even though I know I cant be seen fully.

Wow seriously Epic, I use the Gnasher but this should not of been done, this a joke and just shows how easy you cave under pressure from whining kids, It's a shotgun if your dumb enough to get close knowing that everyone on then enemy team could have one then you deserve to die.

<snip>

Im sick of games being nerfed because ppl don't like a certain weapon, every single AAA title that has amazing MP this seems to happen to once ppl start seeing that they die a few times by it they instanlty call BS and say it's overpowered.

<snip>

How about fix the important stuff that needs fixing like stat resets and medals not unlocking when completing requirements.

I couldnt agree more. It had 1 shot then took forever to reload. By nerfing the power of this weapon, it has rendered it useless.

What made the balance fair was that it only had one shot, you had to be pretty damn close for it to kill in that 1 shot and it took forever to reload.

Why would you ever use the sawed off now that it has the same range as the gnasher. Would you rather have 8 shells and a quick reload or only 1, then wait an hour to reload.

I couldnt agree more. It had 1 shot then took forever to reload. By nerfing the power of this weapon, it has rendered it useless.

What made the balance fair was that it only had one shot, you had to be pretty damn close for it to kill in that 1 shot and it took forever to reload.

Why would you ever use the sawed off now that it has the same range as the gnasher. Would you rather have 8 shells and a quick reload or only 1, then wait an hour to reload.

It DOESN'T have the same range as the Gnasher. That's what they fixed. It had a LONGER insta-kill/gib range compared to the Gnasher when it should have been shorter. So they shortened it. It is not useless, now. It just requires you to get a little closer.

LOL it was meant to be lowered from the start you retards. If you could read you would see that it says it's meant to be MELEE RANGE not RIFLE RANGE lol...it's a simple shotgun, not some super hi-tech Autobot shotgun from outerspace.

Since in real life, shotguns can't hit farther than melee distance. You'd need some incredible Autobot shotgun for that! And I'm pretty sure 5 feet isn't considered rifle range in any game.

I played it since this update and nothing has changed any noticeable amount, so I'm still happy with the game.

Since in real life, shotguns can't hit farther than melee distance.

yeah skeet shooting isn't proof that you're wrong...other than you apparently know nothing of firearms.

I think shotguns in games shouldn't be like real life and that they are only good for maybe 2-3x melee range (which isn't that far*) it makes it a CQB king and fairly worthless or any situation outside of that.

*If melee range is one character in front of you, then have two or three characters stand in a line and that's the distance it should cover IMHO, it's not far, but it should be able to always beat melee.

I would much rather they reduced gnasher's effective range. I mean it's ridiculous when a shotgun can beat any rifle at mid-range, two shots and you're dead. I fucking hate it.

This would be great!!

All the gnasher lovers complain about the sos, but the gnasher has always had to far of an effective range.

So... Just the range and not the power? Seems fair:)

100% Agreed.

Didn't seem so much of a nerf as it was a re-balancing. Keeps its power just the range is reduced to a distance that seems to fit the intended gameplay sytle and the item description. The Sawn-Off now seems more like the weapon it was intended to be a belly gun.

i tested the sawed-off shotguns range this morning on a private match, it seems the bullet spread has been reduced a little, but the range for gibbing someone is about 1 metre, which is beyond melee distance, a little beyond that and it will do about the same damage as a boltok pistol shot, any further and no affect. i find less people using it now tbh so it's not such a huge problem, but the range is about half of what it was, u could gib someone from about 2 metres away with the sawed-off, now it's about 1 metre.

it's quite funny now that some people who use the sawed-off dont know about the distance being nerfed so they misjudge and dont get the kill because they expect u to die at the distance they shoot at, as a result they die XD

I've seen a lot of missed sawn off kill attempts today and the game seems a lot better for the changes.

There will be a lot of turds getting found out, most of them are posting in this thread, getting upset. It's been said a million times that the sawed off hasn't been nerfed, it has just been returned to the state that Epic intended.