Sawed-Off Gib Range reduced to less than the Gnasher today

XxIPUNISH3RIxX

it's quite funny now that some people who use the sawed-off dont know about the distance being nerfed so they misjudge and dont get the kill because they expect u to die at the distance they shoot at, as a result they die XD

Or run away while reloading because they also missed there double melee.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a lot of missed sawn off kill attempts today and the game seems a lot better for the changes.

There will be a lot of turds getting found out, most of them are posting in this thread, getting upset. It's been said a million times that the sawed off hasn't been nerfed, it has just been returned to the state that Epic intended.

lol, someone mantle kicked me with the sawed-off today and missed XD

although, i'm actually considering moving to the sawed-off. the gnasher is just so inconsistant, i can't believe the ammount of bullshit i get from it. the shots dont always register for a start, and sometimes when i shoot people from melee distance with it where they're right in my face, i dont get the kill, but then they shoot me from the same distance if not further away and get the kill. sometimes it takes a whole clip just to DBNO someone from about 2 metres away when they're rolling about and stuff. it shows blood, but im convinced that there's invisible bullet lag like in gears 2. like on ur screen it shows the shots hit, and on their screen it shows that they evaded the shot. i probably wont switch the the sawed-off since i spent so much time getting good with the gnasher, but fucking hell i hate the gnasher as well now. im moving on to rifles now.

I am glad to see this. I didn't like the sawed-off before, I think it is a cheap corner camping tactic...despite this, I never saw it problematic enough to bitch about it.

Then I was playing one day and get gibbed by this little nasty bastard...I shot a guy with my gnasher and he shot me with the sawed off. He got downed, I got killed. I promptly rage quit and played beast.

The sawed off should not be able to out-gib the gnasher at greater distances.

I short, I am glad this thing got nerfed.

I am glad to see this. I didn't like the sawed-off before, I think it is a cheap corner camping tactic...despite this, I never saw it problematic enough to bitch about it.

Then I was playing one day and get gibbed by this little nasty bastard...I shot a guy with my gnasher and he shot me with the sawed off. He got downed, I got killed. I promptly rage quit and played beast.

The sawed off should not be able to out-gib the gnasher at greater distances.

I short, I am glad this thing got nerfed.

tested the sawed-off, it still gibs outside melee distance, but the gib distance is about the same for the gnasher, however the gnashers inconsistancy leads me to think that it's bullet lag because it's perfect in private matches without live, but it's such a bullshit and unreliable weapon in standard public matches, 7/10 times it always works in favour of the enemy and i get gibbed from gibbing distance with it, but when i shoot them at melee range with it, they just take the shot and live on long enough to blast me in 1 shot.

They need their a$$es kicked for doing this.

In the Beta I got my a$$ handed to me by the sawed-off

so ",

I mastered the damn thing & now this!!!!

You, they or whomever should NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS NOW!

It is nothing but a GNASHER game AGAIN!!!

Being taken down at 15 to 20 yards away with only one to two shots is total BS!!!!

Edited by Oversig

They need their asses kicked for doing this.

In the Beta I got my ass handed to me by the sawed-off

so ",

It is nothing but a GNASHER game now!

Being taken down at 15 to 20 yards away with only one to two shots is total Bullshit!!

Mastered the sawed off? I LOL'd

They need their a$$es kicked for doing this.

In the Beta I got my a$$ handed to me by the sawed-off

so ",

It is nothing but a GNASHER game AGAIN!!!

Being taken down at 15 to 20 yards away with only one to two shots is total BS!!!!

the sawed-off takes no skill, u just need to corner camp and not rush at people with it otherwise u get DBNO so fast lol. so u have mastered the 'art' of corner camping. hmmmmmmm......:rolleyes:

i know what u mean about the gnasher. but that's because of the active reload, it gives it rediculous range. i disagree that it's all gnasher, the rifles are used quite alot.

i really do think that there's still lag, even with dedicated servers, there's no other way to explain the inconsistancey of the gnasher. it's perfect in private matches, the hit detection is fine, but online it can sometimes take a full clip to DBNO some1 from about 2-3m away, they just take the hits like they were nothing and carry on shooting at u like nothing happened when u emptied 8 shells at close range into them. it's totally fucked up, i'm starting to hate the gnasher because of how unreliable and stupidly inconsistant it is online.

Edited by chainsawsquirrel

I would much rather they reduced gnasher's effective range. I mean it's ridiculous when a shotgun can beat any rifle at mid-range, two shots and you're dead. I fucking hate it.

You're really bad with rifles if you're losing that fight on a regular basis. All of the rifles cleanly take out the Gnasher at mid range if the players are on equal ground in terms of actives, cover, etc. You have to make a mistake to lose that fight.

it's quite funny now that some people who use the sawed-off dont know about the distance being nerfed so they misjudge and dont get the kill because they expect u to die at the distance they shoot at, as a result they die XD

To be fair, for an update like this there should have been some kind of pop-up or announcement from Epic when players boot up the game so they know.

You're really bad with rifles if you're losing that fight on a regular basis. All of the rifles cleanly take out the Gnasher at mid range if the players are on equal ground in terms of actives, cover, etc. You have to make a mistake to lose that fight.

To be fair, for an update like this there should have been some kind of pop-up or announcement from Epic when players boot up the game so they know.

firstly, yes ur right there should have been a notification.

secondly, the guy talking about the gnasher downing in 2 shots from mid range is correct, the gnashers active reload gives it rediculous range, and people can pop in and out of cover and do that, it's not an easy battle in that kind of situation, even with the retro lancer.

While the sawed off was over ranged, I do like to use it on smaller close quarters maps. I dont hate on the gun at all just glad they fixed it's range it's simply risk-reward. With regards to the corner camping FAR more players gnasher camp than sawed off camp, only difference is the gnasher campers are established gow players in the community so EPIC wanted to appease them to keep them playing. It's a new game with new weapons so chill the hell out. I still cant wrap my head around people bitching that using a rifle to down or kill someone is weak, why? because your utilizing everything in your arsenal to not get killed and win? It's not cheating and being a "bitch" GOW is full of the most whiny players in any MP ever. Also when people bitch about melee while reloading the sawed if they miss, how is that different than wall bounching while reloading your gnasher? they both take skill and a little luck. It's just something the newer players do that the old whiny epic fan-boys dont like. Since this update I've also noticed being downed by the gnasher from a FAR greater distance, something which is totally ridiculous. This game will easily run it's course give me the xp weekends already I'm a level 60 and just want most of my achievements so I can stop listening to kids whining in the rooms.

the sawed-off shotgun can never be fixed unless epic reduce the range to melee distance or turn the bullet spread down a whole lot more which they're not gonna do because that's its most definitive feature and there'd be no use in the gun at all so they might as well take it out the game.

The sawed off is fine now. Stop crying.

the sawed-off takes no skill, u just need to corner camp and not rush at people with it otherwise u get DBNO so fast lol. so u have mastered the 'art' of corner camping. hmmmmmmm......:rolleyes:

i know what u mean about the gnasher. but that's because of the active reload, it gives it rediculous range. i disagree that it's all gnasher, the rifles are used quite alot.

i really do think that there's still lag, even with dedicated servers, there's no other way to explain the inconsistancey of the gnasher. it's perfect in private matches, the hit detection is fine, but online it can sometimes take a full clip to DBNO some1 from about 2-3m away, they just take the hits like they were nothing and carry on shooting at u like nothing happened when u emptied 8 shells at close range into them. it's totally fucked up, i'm starting to hate the gnasher because of how unreliable and stupidly inconsistant it is online.

I think its connection based or something cause a few select people shotguns are HOST shotgun strong mine is weaker than a sawed off across the map

I dont think EPIC changed any distance of the Sawed-off, after hearing the update i'm still getting killed from stupid distances.

It's changed, but the update only works on dedicated servers or private matches. Huge flaw.

firstly, yes ur right there should have been a notification.

secondly, the guy talking about the gnasher downing in 2 shots from mid range is correct, the gnashers active reload gives it rediculous range, and people can pop in and out of cover and do that, it's not an easy battle in that kind of situation, even with the retro lancer.

Actives are an intangible though, because it's a complete wild card as to whether or not the person you encounter will have them. A Retro Lancer with actives can stand right there and beat or trade with a Gnasher that has actives. The other two rifles can handle it with some cover.