Prior DLC Outfit Locations + steps to unlock Protoman Outfit

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is there no TIR Helmet / Uniform in this game then?

I don't think so as you don't start off the game with the motorcycle zombie killing challenge like in DR2 with Chuck and moreover you don't get the TIR multiplayer game mode for OTR.

But I came to know that (if its of anyone interest and that you or other players not have already known about it) you can dress Frank in the wrestling suit from the game starting..(found by my friend Willy Poh) This is a glitch costume hence it will not be available in the locker for select (correct me on this if I'm wrong) unlike other costume in this thread and you have to replay the TIR challenge from the start of the game to make it happen..

First you need to be in your default wear, the blazer/shirt and the casual black shoes.. Restart the game until you able to access the locker in the safe toliet in the safehouse.. move your selection to the blazer/shirt and press "Y" (return clothes) a few times and sometimes it will automatically make Frank wear the wrestling suit if not then press "A" after that once or twice and should be wore.. Next move your selection to the default casual black shoes and do the same press "Y" a few times then if nothing follow by "A" once or twice to wear the boots.. and there you go you can now run around in the wrestling suit (note: no special abilities thou)

This will cause another glitch.. if you wear the wrestling suit and restart the story.. in the TIR challenge Frank will now wear the blazer/shirt instead of the wrestling suit in the ring... :p Thanks

I don't think so as you don't start off the game with the motorcycle zombie killing challenge like in DR2 with Chuck and moreover you don't get the TIR multiplayer game mode for OTR.

But I came to know that (if its of anyone interest and that you or other players not have already known about it) you can dress Frank in the wrestling suit from the game starting..(found by my friend Willy Poh) This is a glitch costume hence it will not be available in the locker for select (correct me on this if I'm wrong) unlike other costume in this thread and you have to replay the TIR challenge from the start of the game to make it happen..

First you need to be in your default wear, the blazer/shirt and the casual black shoes.. Restart the game until you able to access the locker in the safe toliet in the safehouse.. move your selection to the blazer/shirt and press "Y" (return clothes) a few times and sometimes it will automatically make Frank wear the wrestling suit if not then press "A" after that once or twice and should be wore.. Next move your selection to the default casual black shoes and do the same press "Y" a few times then if nothing follow by "A" once or twice to wear the boots.. and there you go you can now run around in the wrestling suit (note: no special abilities thou)

This will cause another glitch.. if you wear the wrestling suit and restart the story.. in the TIR challenge Frank will now wear the blazer/shirt instead of the wrestling suit in the ring... :p Thanks

There is a room in the arena, which is if I recall one of the first rooms when you finish the first mission (TiR), which has the wrestling outfit hanging up in a closet thing.

Edit: The room is the "Green Room" which is in the Arena Backstage area of the Fortune City Arena and the outfit is "TIR Wrestling Uniform".

Edited by proskatercam

Good description, but I think I have you beat =P

This is what... idk 2 mins? of effort got me.

2 more mins...

3 more mins...

To retort, my ninja vid the complete whole video is up on main page more to come, when i have time.

Edited by sigmund500

Ok so I watched all 4 movies in the cinema. the 1 'o'clock, 3, 5 and 7 shows but still no psycho hair. I even got the watch all movies pp bonus so what am I doing wrong?

ok something else also. I have unlocked 3 of the protoman clothing, boots, costume and helmet plus I have unlocked the save the girl a third time but I have no cannon in my locker. can anyone explain why that is too please?

Edited by Jimbo76

Ok so I watched all 4 movies in the cinema. the 1 'o'clock, 3, 5 and 7 shows but still no psycho hair. I even got the watch all movies pp bonus so what am I doing wrong?

ok something else also. I have unlocked 3 of the protoman clothing, boots, costume and helmet plus I have unlocked the save the girl a third time but I have no cannon in my locker. can anyone explain why that is too please?

the timeshare video is unlisted its time is at 2pm.

as for the save the girl achievement, make sure its the one where you rescue her from TK in overtime.

Completed the game and got the blaster/shield but it doesnt show up in sandbox mode, if i restart sandbox will i lose my gold medal/challenge progress?

If you go to RESTART SANDBOX in the "Quit Game Options", it says already:

Restarting sandbox will keep your current character level and unlockables, but sandbox progress will be reset.

the timeshare video is unlisted its time is at 2pm.

as for the save the girl achievement, make sure its the one where you rescue her from TK in overtime.

ok thanks. so the cannon isnt useable in sandbox right? well im just starting a new campaign so I will see.

3. Arm Cannon/Shield - Unlocked by completing the Save the Girl Yet Again Achievement.

if this was the case why dont i have it and yes ive looked in the safe room locker

I'm with this guy who nobody answered, I have this achievement but I do not have the arm cannon/shield in the safe room locker...

I'm with this guy who nobody answered, I have this achievement but I do not have the arm cannon/shield in the safe room locker...

After you complete overtime mode, you unlock it and it is sitting on the floor in the bathroom in the safe house in story mode only. It isn't availible in the sandbox mode.

Make sure that you wait through the credits and save the game at the very end.

I was busy trying to reply in video format and here you go. Protoman in all its glory a how to.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpgTA4_5w0E]How to Find the Protoman Outfit In Dead Rising 2: Off the Record - YouTube[/ame][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7vFzOoUQiU][/ame]

Edited by sigmund500

• 1 month later...

this would clarify a lot of the questions on here and should be in the guide if it is not already:

ProtoMan Outfit: cannon and shield: if you got the "S" ending and you start a new game on that same save file the shield will unlock but IS NOT in your locker. it will be in the same room as the locker leaning against the wall. you cannot use the cannon in sandbox mode. also i don't think you can even use the cannon without having the entire outfit. can anyone confirm? that would also be noteworthy

Psychopath Outfit:the psychohair will unlock if you watch the time share movie at midnight at paradise platinum screens on the platinum strip. there is no trick just be there at midnight and watch the movie.

Edited by zarda1

• 3 weeks later...
yes the theater does play movies in sandbox mode. *tested it and got the psycho hair there*

The movie playing is always Kar Krash Krashes or something like that, either way, I've watched it 5 times and still don't have the phyco hair.

I am assuming the movie is different in story mode and as such the hair can only be unlocked in story mode.

Am I right? Can someon confirm this. Maybe update the guide with this info as too save people frustration.

Nice work. + 5 stars for all the rest.

The movie playing is always Kar Krash Krashes or something like that, either way, I've watched it 5 times and still don't have the phyco hair.

I am assuming the movie is different in story mode and as such the hair can only be unlocked in story mode.

Am I right? Can someon confirm this. Maybe update the guide with this info as too save people frustration.

Nice work. + 5 stars for all the rest.

No it's in sandbox mode. The movie is called timeshare something. Try going at different times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another clarification on the soldier outfit. You get it for killing Sgt. Boykin. If you have anyone with you (like Denyce) and they land the killing blow it will not unlock.

I just tested this a couple of times and when I let the survivors get the kill nothing. When I killed them it unlocked.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...