Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh it dragged on! :p but all of it was informative and clearly your knowledge base of the game is top tier BloodGodAlucard; so it was a good read. I'll check out some of the links.

I'm down for a challenge too.. currently finishing off Star Ocean.. which isn't totally challenging per say.. but it's time consuming to be sure. been on an RPG kick as of late

Thanx for the reply.. maybe see you online.. I did read the "griefing" post as well.. which I will say makes a newcomer skeptical.. but it can be avoided I guess. Either way I ordered it from Amazon.

Edited by Xenolith666

oh it dragged on! :p but all of it was informative and clearly your knowledge base of the game is top tier BloodGodAlucard; so it was a good read. I'll check out some of the links.

I'm down for a challenge too.. currently finishing off Star Ocean.. which isn't totally challenging per say.. but it's time consuming to be sure. been on an RPG kick as of late

Thanx for the reply.. maybe see you online.. I did read the "griefing" post as well.. which I will say makes a newcomer skeptical.. but it can be avoided I guess. Either way I ordered it from Amazon.

That's great. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. If you end up liking it as much as I do then you can actually go for the achievements twice by playing the PC version too. That's what I'm currently doing now. :)

Thanks for the information. I played until I got 4-5 achievements into the game and never came back. I really want to get into this game, though. How helpful can a co-op partner be in playing the game and earning achievements?

A co-op partner can help you kill bosses and get through difficult areas if you need the help. They can also drop items for you if you want to engage in trading or gifting. You can actually get a player to drop every rare and leveled weapon in the game for you if you just want the achievements. I can't even begin to describe how much I'd advise against that though. But I do realize this is an achievement site so that is the main focus for some users. But doing that would be doing yourself a great disservice since you wouldn't get to experience this game properly. It is helpful though if there's one particular weapon you need and you don't want to do an entire extra playthrough for it. If you're interested in doing trades or playing co-op then you can post in the Official Trade and Playing with Friends threads at the top of the forum to find a partner. I'll link both below also.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357999

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335268

That's great. Hopefully you'll enjoy it. If you end up liking it as much as I do then you can actually go for the achievements twice by playing the PC version too. That's what I'm currently doing now. :)

A co-op partner can help you kill bosses and get through difficult areas if you need the help. They can also drop items for you if you want to engage in trading or gifting. You can actually get a player to drop every rare and leveled weapon in the game for you if you just want the achievements. I can't even begin to describe how much I'd advise against that though. But I do realize this is an achievement site so that is the main focus for some users. But doing that would be doing yourself a great disservice since you wouldn't get to experience this game properly. It is helpful though if there's one particular weapon you need and you don't want to do an entire extra playthrough for it. If you're interested in doing trades or playing co-op then you can post in the Official Trade and Playing with Friends threads at the top of the forum to find a partner. I'll link both below also.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357999

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=335268

I was thinking more like I'd play through the game once or twice and get a co-op partner to drop/help with whatever I am missing. I have a feeling I am going to be pretty terrible at this game. :p

heh.. i don't even really have a PC that could handle running any game at this point.. I'll stick with my console. you mention weapon gifting.. or is that just for the crafting achievements? i figured weapons would have some sort of level cap on them to avoid 'twinking' if that phrase is still used =P

heh.. i don't even really have a PC that could handle running any game at this point.. I'll stick with my console. you mention weapon gifting.. or is that just for the crafting achievements? i figured weapons would have some sort of level cap on them to avoid 'twinking' if that phrase is still used =P

It's possible to gift any weapon in the game actually. That's true that some weapons require a base amount of points in particular stats (Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Faith, etc.) to use them. But there are some weapons that can be used by incredibly low level characters with only a little grinding. Twinking actually used to be a huge problem since there was an exploit in the game called the Bottomless Box glitch that let you transfer all of your equipment to a newly started character. So you'd have people running around with end game armor and weapons trolling on new players in the starting zones of the game. They patched that exploit a while ago. But you can still have a player join your game and drop items for you. You do have to be fairly close in level with another player in order to play together. The specifics are detailed in more depth in the Co-op sticky thread.

QUELANA OF IZALITH: This must be done BEFORE defeating the Bed of Chaos. In order for Quelana to appear in Blighttown you need to upgrade your Pyromancy Flame to +15 by Laurentis in Firelink. After you have done so, go to the Blighttown and check beside a large pillar closest to Quelaag's Domain.

Sorry to dredge out an old thread, but I am standing at her now with +1 pyro hand and Quelana is here and willing to sell me things. I have seen her anywhere from +0 to +4 I think was the highest I've been upon meeting her. Not sure why you say +15 but here she is and I'm at +1.

Ok just wanted to state that right now I am standing in front of Quelana in Blighttown and I have no Pyromancy. None at all. First play of this character, didn't even save the guy from the Depths this time so I haven't even talked to anyone about Pyromancy and I am standing in front of her now and she's talking to me now and selling me things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide. Plan on getting all the Gamerscore soon. Really easy game once you get through the 1st playthrough and know where to go.

EDIT: Just finished all the achievements. A lot of the guide is wrong for the spells achievements, especially the covenant stuff (you need nowhere close to some of the ranks in the guide). I recommend using wikis with the guide for a much faster 1k.

Edited by bob101910

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1640/UPhHDNM=.jpg

NOTE: Weapons with an asterix beside them are not required for the achievment.

* Asterisk

Great guide though, extremely helpful for me!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm currently in the Sunlight Covenant Rank 1 and want to get the last Miracle from it in my next PT by offering the Soul of Gwyn.

When i kill Gwendolyn and Priscilla, will i betray that Covenant?

And when i'm leaving the Covenant after getting the Sunlight Spear Miracle, will it still be in my inventory?

Because i also need the two Miracles from the Gravelord Covenant.

Or do i have to obtain the Sunlight Spear last to keep it in my posession/ inventory?

i'm currently in the Sunlight Covenant Rank 1 and want to get the last Miracle from it in my next PT by offering the Soul of Gwyn.

When i kill Gwendolyn and Priscilla, will i betray that Covenant?

And when i'm leaving the Covenant after getting the Sunlight Spear Miracle, will it still be in my inventory?

Because i also need the two Miracles from the Gravelord Covenant.

Or do i have to obtain the Sunlight Spear last to keep it in my posession/ inventory?

Gwyndolin and Priscilla aren't affiliated to the Warriors of Sunlight covenant. So they won't care that they're dead. No it won't be removed. Why would it? Once you own something you own it forever. After you get what you need from a covenant then feel free to join another one. It doesn't matter honestly.

ok wasnt sure because of this

Players lose access to the Sunlight Spear miracle.

but thanks for clarification

also found this

You must be in Warrior of Sunlight covenant to be able to cast the miracle, even though it can still be equipped if you are not a member.
Edited by basti memphis

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...