Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to purchase the Crest of Artorias in order to get "Covenant: Forest Hunter". I just walked through the area with the mushrooms until I found the ruined building, and spoke to the cat there.

The crest is for opening the door to the forest, you can buy it or get it from killing the Hydra

What is the best way to go about the covenants over the 3 playthroughs to get the rare items?

thats a hard one, as far as im aware you dont need some items from specific covenants... but some you have to wait until your second playthrough to rank up with them so it is easier.

Making Patches your ally in your first play is a big help because he sells the items required to rank up with the Gravelords.

Im not sure if the Forest Covenant is better to do while you are a lower level since im not sure how the forest defender mechanic works.

So just looking over this guide after playing the game for about 1.5 hours, the achievements seem overwhelming to keep track of! Is it much easier to keep track of them after one play-through (AKA can I just make my first play-through without worrying too much about achievements)?

you can yes, just make sure to farm up a lot of crafting supplies before going into NG+ to make it easier on yourself :)

Awesome! :D Is there an obvious point of no return so I know when to stop and start farming? Also, if there is and I stop before it, can I go back and find convenants/bosses that I missed?

Hey, awesome guide!

Just a quick question:

Some covenants require you to invade/interact with other players.

And they reward you with unique weapons / miracles / spells...

So how do you get all the ach. offline? is it possible? I hate PvP...

For Darkmoon, you must then farm the harpys in the painting world to get enough souvenirs of repirsal.

For Sunlight, you must get 50fatih and then in your NG+, be a human before every possible boss fight in order to get a medal. (9 per playthrough, only need 10)

Didn't wade through all the posts, but I came across a piece of info in the ign guide about farming green titanite and large titanite shards.

In the depths, there is a bonfire and a hallway with 6-7 slimes. Those slimes drop them both. Just kill them, go to bonfire, rinse repeat.

My humanity is at 3, and I manage to get one every other run.

Once you have beaten the butcher, turn around and go through the water (watch the dogs and the undead). Once you arrive on the other side, go right. Right again and at the end is a door. Descend (watch the slime above the loot to your left) and follow the hallway all the way through until you reach the bonfire. Note that you shouldn't linger in this hallway, or the slimes will drop on your head and most likely kill you.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls/The_Depths

You can read up on the directions here, but they aren't very clear either, I hope it helps either way.

Edited by rrushn

Didn't wade through all the posts, but I came across a piece of info in the ign guide about farming green titanite and large titanite shards.

In the depths, there is a bonfire and a hallway with 6-7 slimes. Those slimes drop them both. Just kill them, go to bonfire, rinse repeat.

My humanity is at 3, and I manage to get one every other run.

Once you have beaten the butcher, you need to go through a door on the side which leads to this hallway (NOT the hole behind him, I found out the hard way).

Run through it until you reach the door with the bonfire behind, or the slimes will stick onto your head and most likely kill you.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls/The_Depths

You can read up on the directions here, but they aren't very clear either, I hope it helps either way.

Also to add on to this take the extra 15 seconds and run down the stairset connected to the "slime hallway" and kill the 5 rats to farm humanity at the same time. Its what i did, the whole run takes about 20-30 seconds from bonfire rest to rest. Use a fire spell on the slimes for more damage and to speed up the process.

Also to add on to this take the extra 15 seconds and run down the stairset connected to the "slime hallway" and kill the 5 rats to farm humanity at the same time. Its what i did, the whole run takes about 20-30 seconds from bonfire rest to rest. Use a fire spell on the slimes for more damage and to speed up the process.

Aye, I'm just done exploring those sewers, and I'm 8 humanity richer, gonna try my luck again while including a sewers tour for basilisks (200 souls) and rats (humanity).

For Darkmoon, you must then farm the harpys in the painting world to get enough souvenirs of repirsal.

For Sunlight, you must get 50fatih and then in your NG+, be a human before every possible boss fight in order to get a medal. (9 per playthrough, only need 10)

Quick question about the Sunlight thing, I take it you need to actually kill the bosses whilst still in human form to earn the medal?

Quick question about the Sunlight thing, I take it you need to actually kill the bosses whilst still in human form to earn the medal?

Well, its so you can summon Soltair and make sure he lives the boss fight(4 times this is possible). 3 in a chest...forget where other 2 are.