Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't "let Sif escape." It's not an option. Even the Dark Souls Wiki fixed this and X'd this out so people aren't further misinformed.

It concerns me that people who have yet to 1k or be near 1k in this game are writing guides. No offense, OP, I have simply found a lot of misinformation regarding this game and am wary to trust any roadmap made by a person who has yet to actually complete it. A lot of people are just perpetuating the same mistaken stuff over and over.

Following the wrong information has fucked me up more than once in this game now. I'm starting to lose my patience for it.

Edited by IDiivil

You can't "let Sif escape." It's not an option. Even the Dark Souls Wiki fixed this and X'd this out so people aren't further misinformed.

It concerns me that people who have yet to 1k or be near 1k in this game are writing guides. No offense, OP, I have simply found a lot of misinformation regarding this game and am wary to trust any roadmap made by a person who has yet to actually complete it. A lot of people are just perpetuating the same mistaken stuff over and over.

Following the wrong information has fucked me up more than once in this game now. I'm starting to lose my patience for it.

For rare games like these, nothing beats a full-fledged strategy guide, which I'll be picking up this weekend. ;)

You have a job I don't want right now; this guide will be a few bitches on a bitch boat, to be sure, especially with the lack of reliable information around in general. The guide book has issues, the Dark Souls wiki has issues, and the veterans from Demon's Souls have issues, so it's a veritable clusterfuck.

Soul of Sif & +10 Hilt/Broken Sword = Great Sword of Artorias

True Greatsword of Artorias - requires gaining 5 kills in the Forest Covenant. Talk with Alvira and then fight Sif, but let Sif escape when he is low on health.

It's the second quote has bad info; there's no way to let a boss escape, even this one. Alvina only gives you information about Sif at 5 kills, which doesn't really do much. You just need the broken sword.

i just did one today actually and it didn't give me the True one...

It's not called "True Greatsword of Artorias". It's just the "true" version. They both have the same name, so you need to make a note of it. I had a +10 Zweihander, and +10 broken sword. Both give the option to make the "Greatsword of Artorias", with no differentiation between the two besides stats. The easiest way to see which is which in your inventory is by parameter bonuses; the "true" one has all B's, the "cursed" one has all C's.

Edited by Auburok

For rare games like these, nothing beats a full-fledged strategy guide, which I'll be picking up this weekend. ;)

The full fledged strategy guide is helpful, but it can either be too vague, and when it is not vague, it often has wrong information. An example of wrong information in the guide was in the crystal lizards section, asking you to use a 100% fire resist shield when no such thing exists for a boss fight, drift creatures, online play level spreads, and... some other things. I'm afraid I haven't gone strictly through the book marking down errors to be able to list them easily here.

Good luck on figuring out the maps as well. They're pretty useless at times. I was turning my book in all sorts of directions trying to figure out the Great Hollow before I said, "Screw it" and went to map it out on my own in my brain. It worked better.

Anyways, there's no "easy answer" to figuring out Dark Souls and keeping track of everything and ... yeah. It's all going to be a pain in the ass. I just want a provided roadmap to not have blatantly wrong information.

Also, I'd be willing to help out with some information, OP, and correct you whenever I notice, but are you going to be providing credit to the posters who add their own information to help you out? I'm afraid I'm a total credit/attention whore and require my congratulatory pettings :3

I'm not sure about that tbh, buddy of mine was all excited he got the last one at Gamestop I literally looked at it for like 45 seconds and saw it has the wrong locations listed for Flame Ember and Choas Flame Ember

The full fledged strategy guide is helpful, but it can either be too vague, and when it is not vague, it often has wrong information. An example of wrong information in the guide was in the crystal lizards section, asking you to use a 100% fire resist shield when no such thing exists for a boss fight, drift creatures, online play level spreads, and... some other things. I'm afraid I haven't gone strictly through the book marking down errors to be able to list them easily here.

Good luck on figuring out the maps as well. They're pretty useless at times. I was turning my book in all sorts of directions trying to figure out the Great Hollow before I said, "Screw it" and went to map it out on my own in my brain. It worked better.

Anyways, there's no "easy answer" to figuring out Dark Souls and keeping track of everything and ... yeah. It's all going to be a pain in the ass. I just want a provided roadmap to not have blatantly wrong information.

Also, I'd be willing to help out with some information, OP, and correct you whenever I notice, but are you going to be providing credit to the posters who add their own information to help you out? I'm afraid I'm a total credit/attention whore and require my congratulatory pettings :3

Well, thanks for the heads up anyway.

Gonna buy it regardless, it's a nice looking book and if anything, it'll beat 25 webpages on my laptop when it comes to centralising information.

I'm sure I'll get SOME use out of it... maybe, I hope. :p

The guidebook is exact in the locations for both. Not sure what you were looking at.

Towards the back of the guide with the weapon advancement achievements it lists them both as being in Lost Izalith. They are in the Demon Ruins. That was the only place I looked because at the time I was confused about the achievements and wanted to see what the info was like about them.

Towards the back of the guide with the weapon advancement achievements it lists them both as being in Lost Izalith. They are in the Demon Ruins. That was the only place I looked because at the time I was confused about the achievements and wanted to see what the info was like about them.

Ah, I thought you meant on the map. Yeah, I guess the back of the book did completely miss where the locations were... weird, considering how the former has them right.

How perplexing.

White Titanite Chunk's can be farmed off the Bone Towers in Tomb of Giants. There's quite a few near the Bonfire next to where you saw Patches. The area where you fought those two dudes for Rhea. They have extremely low HP, anything hitting above 300 should one shot them, though they are really aggressive so best to use shield and 1H.

And you can get a White Titanite Slab in the area before you fight Nito.

Blue Titanite Chunk can be farmed on Blue Crystal Golems in the area between Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave.

Blue Titanite Slab can be dropped by Crystal Butterflies in Crystal cave, though it's really rare, but there is one you can pick up in Duke's Archives.

Red Titanite Chunk is drop'd by Chaos Eaters in the pit of Lost Izalith, no bonfire nearby so use Homeward Bones.

Red Titanite Slab can also be drop'd by Chaos Eaters, and it's really rare. It is said one can be found in Lost Izalith, no idea where though. You can get one by giving Hawk Girl a Pyromancy Flame and she'll give you a Chunk or Slab.

White Titanite Chunk's can be farmed off the Bone Towers in Tomb of Giants. There's quite a few near the Bonfire next to where you saw Patches. The area where you fought those two dudes for Rhea. They have extremely low HP, anything hitting above 300 should one shot them, though they are really aggressive so best to use shield and 1H.

And you can get a White Titanite Slab in the area before you fight Nito.

Blue Titanite Chunk can be farmed on Blue Crystal Golems in the area between Duke's Archives and Crystal Cave.

Blue Titanite Slab can be dropped by Crystal Butterflies in Crystal cave, though it's really rare, but there is one you can pick up in Duke's Archives.

Red Titanite Chunk is drop'd by Chaos Eaters in the pit of Lost Izalith, no bonfire nearby so use Homeward Bones.

Red Titanite Slab can also be drop'd by Chaos Eaters, and it's really rare. It is said one can be found in Lost Izalith, no idea where though. You can get one by giving Hawk Girl a Pyromancy Flame and she'll give you a Chunk or Slab.

thanks much :) will add to guide

You may want to add if you plan on farming for the remaining 4 Eyes Of Death, the 3 Frogs in Great Hollow have a much better drop rate. Spent over an hour in Sewers to get 1 and got the other 3 in 20~ minutes at Great Hollow. Both areas done with 410 Item Discovery.

And strategy for Dark Sun Gwyndolin is to stay close. Use shield to block physical attacks, if it's magic roll through 'em to keep moving towards him. He has no close range attacks so when you do get up close and personal go 2H and hit him as much as you can. He'll teleport away, rinse and repeat. Don't use range attacks as he is faster and they hurt alot more than yours.

And add to Rhea after you complete Tomb of Giants, if you don't immediately go to her in Undead Parish, Petrus will kill her.

Edited by Slane

You may want to add if you plan on farming for the remaining 4 Eyes Of Death, the 3 Frogs in Great Hollow have a much better drop rate. Spent over an hour in Sewers to get 1 and got the other 3 in 20~ minutes at Great Hollow. Both areas done with 410 Item Discovery.

I guess it is luck. I got 5 in about 30 minutes in the sewers.

Can you guys make a more specific roadmap or an achievement planner for each playthrough?

Even with this guide, planning to get 1000 effieciently is very confusing as there is so much contradiction. What tod o or not to do in what order. Especially make a guide for gamers that don't go online.

Can you guys make a more specific roadmap or an achievement planner for each playthrough?

Even with this guide, planning to get 1000 effieciently is very confusing as there is so much contradiction. What tod o or not to do in what order. Especially make a guide for gamers that don't go online.

i will try and do a more planned road map.

Though on the same note. It is rather hard to list a fully directed roadmap as you have options on where to explore and certain events happen under certain circumstances. Don't forget that you can always go to New Game+ or if its an easy achievement, build a new character.

Edited by II OE II

i will try and do a more planned road map.

Though on the same note. It is rather hard to list a fully directed roadmap as you have options on where to explore and certain events happen under certain circumstances. Don't forget that you can always go to New Game+ or if its an easy achievement, build a new character.

Can you list the options for the more planned road map? All the event triggers? All the contradictory elements such as destroying the Gravelord or joining his covenant?

Can you also list all the non-crafting items needed to get certain spells or items required for achievements, like Sunlight Medals?

This game is really messy when it comes to achievements.

Also, considering one covenant requires 50 faith for offline players, what playthrough can I expect to get onto the covenant making a "paladin" build (a fighter, miracle user)? Not a good design choice at all, shoehorning offline players into a certain build...ugh.

Edited by texasgoldrush

This is a quote I found on Gamefaqs that might help with the slab material.

"you can get all the achievements/trophies with just one, when you upgrade a weapon at the blacksmith the game does not save until you press the back button, so get a flame weapon to +5, ascend it to +6 then reinforce it to +10 to get the trophy BUT DO NOT PRESS THE BACK BUTTON, turn off the game and when you turn it back on your sword will be back at +6 and you will still have the red slab, just take it back down to +5 and ascend to chaos and then repeat the process"

People posted afterwards and they said it works and it seems to be the case as the game does not auto-save when your in the menu but auto-saves when you quit out of it when you hit the B button out of the menu in your item selection to quitting out of lets say the blacksmith modifying selection. Haven't tested it myself its worth a shot to anyone who has more then one slab to spare.

Can you list the options for the more planned road map? All the event triggers? All the contradictory elements such as destroying the Gravelord or joining his covenant?

Can you also list all the non-crafting items needed to get certain spells or items required for achievements, like Sunlight Medals?

This game is really messy when it comes to achievements.

Also, considering one covenant requires 50 faith for offline players, what playthrough can I expect to get onto the covenant making a "paladin" build (a fighter, miracle user)? Not a good design choice at all, shoehorning offline players into a certain build...ugh.

Now that i feel would be far too much work for the road map. Considering there are tons of event triggers and repercussions.

As for your sunlight medal example, its listed under the appropriate covenant.

Also, on a cool note, the guide has gotten a sticky already ^.^

Thank you to whoever did that!

Edited by II OE II

Now that i feel would be far too much work for the road map. Considering there are tons of event triggers and repercussions.

As for your sunlight medal example, its listed under the appropriate covenant.

Uh. You need to list at what points you can't progress in covenants that supply items that are required for achievements, such as Gravelord Nito's Gravelord Greatsword Dance miracle. It's an achievement guide, right? If Nito dies (shortly after you can first join his covenant) you can't get all the miracles in the playthrough you're in.

Speaking of covenants, I reread all of your listings. Here's what I found.

The Darkwraith covenant is missing any mention of the ring you need from Sif to traverse the abyss, which is required to get to the Four Kings.

The Path of the Dragon description says the dragon is at the far end of the lake in a tree. He's not. He's past the tree, in a small grove.

For the Gravelord description, you should replace the (item) in the paragraph with the item required: Eye of Death.

Blade of Darkmoon needs to have "souvenir" replaced with "souvenir of reprisal".