Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many apologies for not placing a thanks message into the guide yet. I have corrected that, and hopefully corrected most of the false information.

Have to go to work today, so wont be able to do lots of editing.

It's shaping up well, however. Nice work! The information here is becoming some of the most accurate you can find for this game, online or otherwise.

Ok..... i'll post it again since you haven't put it in the sticky part :3

For the 'Very large ember'; Head towards the 4 kings boss instead of going past the blob head behind it and go up the spiral staircase, it will be there in a chest

Also,

For the 'Large divine ember'; From the bonfire in tomb of giants, head up the ladder and immediately head right, follow it round a narrow path and drop into the tomb, there will be a hole in the floor to get in with a ladder. Drop down again and run to the end, it's there. Be warned, there are alot of large skeletons in there

Sunlight Medals: These are earned when you summon an NPC to help you on a boss fight. If you defeat the boss and your NPC friend is still alive, you will earn a Sunlight Medal. These are also obtained in New Game+ if you have 50 Faith and defeat a boss while human.

Sorry, my original post was vague about this. I just meant you had to be human so you can summon Soltaire and obtain the Medal. There are also 3 sunlight medals in a chest in Anor Lando, and you get a sunlight medal for freeing Lautrec.

Is it confirmed that the Black Bow of Pharis is required for the weapons achievement? This is the first list I've seen it on, and I believe she has a tendency to roll off of cliffs...I'm pretty sure she is gone in my game anyway.

Also, I'm worried about finding the invader Leeroy, too. Do you have to summon him for Pinwheel, and what if he rolls off of a cliff? Will he appear if you've already killed Nito? Do you just have to hope for the best in the next playthrough?

I'm a PS3 player, I platted the game days ago, & when I obtained my Knight's Honor, I don't have the below 4 weapons in hand, guys can double confirm this at Japan Wiki as well. You need Demon's Spear, & this is not in the list.

Weapons not needed:~

Ghost Blade

Jagged Ghost Blade

Rictar's Rapier

Titanite Catch Pole

You don't need Black Bow Of Pharis for the achievements as well, although I have it in hand.

Edited by Frogcat

Can you do these achievements over multiple characters? I mean have certain weapons on one character, others on another but complete the whole list? It'd definitely keep me interested in playing Dark Souls... I made the mistake of killing the 1st Pyromancer trainer so missed out on a lot of Pyromancy which sucks. I plan on making a Magicy sort of character to hit 50 faith.

Can you do these achievements over multiple characters? I mean have certain weapons on one character, others on another but complete the whole list? It'd definitely keep me interested in playing Dark Souls... I made the mistake of killing the 1st Pyromancer trainer so missed out on a lot of Pyromancy which sucks. I plan on making a Magicy sort of character to hit 50 faith.

most of the achievements you can yes aside from the spell achievements and knights honor.

good guide so far! i think the roadmap would be best if it told when you will pass the point of no return for the missable achievements though. thats what i want in a roadmap, a heads-up.

there really isnt a point of no return other than killing the final boss since you can go back and replay any zone you wish. The boss is only missable if you don't find the item.

Edited by II OE II

According to the guide book these can be done on multiple characters too.

The guide book isn't 100% correct, as many have found, on a wide variety of tidbits in the game. I wouldn't trust it if you can easily just plan to do it on the same character.

"Soul of Gwendolyn & +10 Catalyst = Tin Dark Moon Catalyst"

Alright, so out of curiosity how do you make a +10 Catalyst?

I have found no way yet to upgrade a catalyst in order to make this. D :

You only need a regular catalyst and the soul. Just go to the blacksmith, and even if you don't have the soul, but have the catalyst, you should see it in the ascension menu.

is there any collectable achievements in the game,as i cant tell from the achievemnt list if theres stuff to collect (like bobbleheads from fallout, orbs from crackdown etc).

how many chieveos can you get in 1 play through with no multiplayer??

There are no collectibles, per say.

There are, however, things you will have to grind to finish: weapon upgrades. You will require a lot of materials to get all of the upgrades.

I'd say, with some grinding, you could get all the weapon upgrades, except you'd have to pick between max divine or max occult weapon for your first playthrough. The only other difficult one for offline is getting in to the Warrior of Sunlight covenant, since you will have to have 50 faith to get it without helping others online. You will have to do up to three playthroughs to get the rare weapon achievement.

In short, 37/41 in one playthrough, if you plan really well.

I wouldn't recommend this game if you're looking for quick achievements. It'll be a time sink.

From what I read elsewhere online, this part for the Darkwraith covenant should be changed:

Joining A: Do not speak with Frampt at all, and obtain the Lordvessel from Anor Londo. Then speak with Ingward in New Londo the gain the key to the Abyss. Defeat the Four Lords and speak with Kaathe to join.

It should say something like "Do not speak with Frampt at all AFTER obtaining the Lordvessel."

This comes from the Wikidot:

2. Take note that the primordial serpent Kingseeker Frampt will leave the next time you speak with him if you join this covenant, therefore you will not be able to exchange souls or break upgrading stones anymore.

3. Frampt appears after ringing the second bell, long before the Lordvessel is acquired. Frampt can be spoken to and traded with anytime after ringing the second bell and before the Lordvessel is acquired

From what I read elsewhere online, this part for the Darkwraith covenant should be changed:

It should say something like "Do not speak with Frampt at all AFTER obtaining the Lordvessel."

I can confirm this to be true. I spoke with Frampt plenty of times before obtaining the Lordvessel, and still got the achievement. I just didn't speak to him after getting the Lordvessel. I went straight to New Londo after getting it, talked to Ingward to get the Abyss key, fought the Four Kings, and then joined the covenant when speaking with Kaathe.