Achievement Guide and Roadmap

II OE II

Just an FYI you do need the Ghost Blade for the rare weapons achievement. I have all of the other weapons except the Ghost Blade and my achievement hasn't popped. I'm currently farming ghosts for it now so I'll confirm once it drops.

Several people, including me, have confirmed and received the achievement without the ghost blade. You may be missing the Black Iron Greatshield?...someone confirmed that one in another thread.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone included the quitting to dashboard glitch before using your slabs yet? like upgrade a weapon use a slab. dashboard then you have your slab back c: and you need 2 of each so... because its really hard to farm more then one slab in your playthrough, or if you do you're much luckier then i am xDD. probably pretty obvious and if youre doing a new game + doesnt rly matter but n.n.

Something in the list of weapons for the "Knight's Honor" achievement is incorrect, or else the achievement itself is glitched. I have all of the weapons except for a Ghost Blade, Avelyn, and a Barbed Straight Sword. All of which are optional, according to the list, and still no achievement.

On the wiki it says that the Ghost Blade is required for the achievement, but everywhere I read people say you dont need it. I also see a lot of confusion betweem the Ghost Blade and the Jagged Ghost Blade.

Update: Got a ghost blade to drop. Still no achievement. Now all thats left is Avelyn and Barbed Straight Sword (which I cant get until newgame+++)

Update 2: Got Avelyn. Still no achievement.

Update 3: GOT IT

Checked the PS3 sister site. Found out that you need the GIANT'S HALBERD, which can be bought from the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dark-souls/129487-dark-souls-trophy-guide-roadmap-tips-strategies.html#post2213282

Edited by SharpXXShooter

all of the weapons on the list currently that are unstarred are correct to unlock the weapons achievement, you only have to have held them once in that playthrough. they don't need to be in your inventory at the same time c:.

Edited by grimfaerie

Hello, playing this game on the PS3 but I wanted to ask this on xbox forum also, just assuming the trophy system is the same as achievements.

I collected all pyromancies across 2 characters and got the trophy.

I collected all sorcery across 2 characters (one is missing white dragon breath, the other one is missing hush) and I got the trophy.

Can I go ahead and collect the miracles across 2 characters? This is important for my planning, because I have already some souvenir of reprisal collected with one (my PvP build) for darkmoon blade, and the sunbro covenant Gwyn soul miracle on the other (PvE build)...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if this was mentioned before, but I was able to conserve crafting materials (the slabs) by instantly turning xbox off (before auto save) after a crafting achievement popped. Dunno if this was a random occurance or if this is a valid strategy - needs further testing.

Edit: Well I found out, you dont even need to be fast at all, as long as you are in the weapon reinforcement screen, dark souls does not auto save at all. This way you can so easily get all crafting achievements in the first playthrough.

Edited by Yozhu

Dont know if this was mentioned before, but I was able to conserve crafting materials (the slabs) by instantly turning xbox off (before auto save) after a crafting achievement popped. Dunno if this was a random occurance or if this is a valid strategy - needs further testing.

Edit: Well I found out, you dont even need to be fast at all, as long as you are in the weapon reinforcement screen, dark souls does not auto save at all. This way you can so easily get all crafting achievements in the first playthrough.

This has been mentioned before, but some have said it could possibly corrupt your save

This has been mentioned before, but some have said it could possibly corrupt your save

In my humble opinion this simple trick cannot corrupt your save. I would even go as far and say it is impossible to corrupt your savegame that way.

The reasons are very clear and obvious here though:

They can get corrupted by turning the power off DURING the save process. Which might cause missing data, altough even doing so, Dark souls seems pretty stable.

So now during the reinforcements screen the game does not save at all. You can even upgrade a weapon from lvl 11 to lvl 15 get achievement pop, then wait 10 minutes , get popcorn, heck even watch a movie, come back and then turning your xbox off or just going to the dashboard.

The game simply does not save unless you exit this screen. So there is absolutely no risk doing so.

The only reason I could possibly imagine this is not mentioned in this very awesome achievement guide is the fact that the author did it the hard way and doesnt want other to use this easy version, but in the end we are all achievement hunters, so I doubt that myself aswell.

The thing is, while you need to do at least 2.5 runs for 1k, some people out there simply dont want to go beyond 1 playthrough (and get as many achievements as they can) cause this game seriously can piss you off and maybe its better if you dont even try to kill hellkite in newgame+

Also keep in mind its way easier to go straight for the bosses instead of having to collect all the slabs all the time.

Either way, there is no vaild reason not to add that to this very helpful guide, you could even mark it as "may corrupt your savegame" altough even that is not neccesary as I explained above.