Just finished, easy and fast.

So I just finished this game. Took maybe 2 hours and 15 mins to 1k. Very easy game if you are remotely in shape. Even if not probably won't take much longer than that. It's all making swimming motions with arms, not really anything else to it. Best tip I can give, spend all attribute points in season 1 on speed and stamina (2:1 ratio). Then in season 2 pad out turn and finish a little while still giving to speed and stamina. I finished with my stats with speed-10, stamina-7, dive-3, turn-4 and finish 4. I strolled through the game like this minus maybe 3 races I placed 2nd twice and 3rd once. Any questions feel free to ask or send me a message on live

GT: xfactorhatesu :drunk

Can you skip the annual games after you get the achievement for participating in one and still get the rest of the achievements?

Yes you can. Basically the annuals are available to pad out your stats. As long as you do 1 you can advance and the achievement for moving to the next season will pop. If you find yourself struggling at all in the 1st or 2nd season I would do a couple events in the annuals just be sure you don't have a hard time come season 3.

Any tips or advice would be great, both myself, my girflriend and my mate have all played this, kinect is set up perfectly.

During a race we get the arrow right in middle and the blue boost bar is between 90-100% full, hit the push the limit we go mentle but still end up 6th-8th??

Hmmm, well I'm not sure. Where are you in the game (season 1, 2 or 3)? Without knowing I would say make sure you are close enough to the camera, I had a few problems being a little too far away. Also, are you powering up speed? Whats your boost like at the turn? I found it good to start swimming hard right after the turn. It takes more stamina but it doesnt matter once you hit the boost section.

So I just finished this game. Took maybe 2 hours and 15 mins to 1k. Very easy game if you are remotely in shape. Even if not probably won't take much longer than that. It's all making swimming motions with arms, not really anything else to it. Best tip I can give, spend all attribute points in season 1 on speed and stamina (2:1 ratio). Then in season 2 pad out turn and finish a little while still giving to speed and stamina. I finished with my stats with speed-10, stamina-7, dive-3, turn-4 and finish 4. I strolled through the game like this minus maybe 3 races I placed 2nd twice and 3rd once. Any questions feel free to ask or send me a message on live

GT: xfactorhatesu :drunk

my ass easy and fast. I cant get past he 50m sprint. Im swimming as fucking fast as i can and it says im going slow. 8th place every time. once i said i was going fast the first half, didnt change what i was doing at all, then all of sudden slowed to a crawl and got 8th again

edit: I found out how to play this game thanks to xfactorhatesu. He told me to make sure my elbows are level with my shoulders, the kinect can detect it better and it helped a lot. 1st every time now. so if you're having trouble just do that

Edited by Daniel55645

After fiddling around with my Kinect and trying different movements of speed, I was able to get to Season 3.

Season 3 seems to be impossible with the next Skill Level. The entire time I've been at around 80% and below for my Boost. I was only able to get 98% Boost earlier in the day. It took around 7-8 for me to get where I'm at now. My Speed is Maxed, it did help, but I'm not properly balanced now. I'll have to keep trying tomorrow or try some other way of doing it. :S

Keep in mind. If you want to do well in the beginning with the crawling motion, do it causally. Doing it harder won't achieve anything until the very end. Even still if you're doing it casually, you might be not going fast enough. It's really all about getting that meter in the middle in the end. And I still have problems making it steady.

Edited by Nigoli

After fiddling around with my Kinect and trying different movements of speed, I was able to get to Season 3.

Season 3 seems to be impossible with the next Skill Level. The entire time I've been at around 80% and below for my Boost. I was only able to get 98% Boost earlier in the day. It took around 7-8 for me to get where I'm at now. My Speed is Maxed, it did help, but I'm not properly balanced now. I'll have to keep trying tomorrow or try some other way of doing it. :S

Keep in mind. If you want to do well in the beginning with the crawling motion, do it causally. Doing it harder won't achieve anything until the very end. Even still if you're doing it casually, you might be not going fast enough. It's really all about getting that meter in the middle in the end. And I still have problems making it steady.

I dont have problems with the front crawl races that have the beeping meter. its the 50m sprints that im having a problem with. they say swim as fast as you can and nothing happens. it says im swimming super slow no matter how fast i move my arms

How does season 3 work? Do I need to place in each event to complete the season or just place in one of the last two events (#59 and #60)?

I was able to make it across the board to event #59 with relatively little trouble, but now I'm stuck. #59 is a 100m front crawl. I do okay going into the turn, but after the turn I'm barely swimming. And once I hit the "Push the Limit" zone the race is over. Everyone blows by me. I end up about 12 seconds behind 1st.

Tips?

Stats: S=10, S=7, D=2, T=4, F=3

@Turn: S=70%, B=40%

Edited by wtrswoopes

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with the perfect turn also. How do I do it, and when?

UPDATE: You dont run into "turns" until the second season, in which case you just push against the wall with your right hand when the power bar is full.

Also, I got to a butterfly race, and it had no prior tutorial explaining how to do the butterfly move...Luckily I caught on in 2 seconds, but that doesnt seem like efficient video game developing.

AND A BIG WARNING TO PEOPLE:

My speed was level 10, and I tried to put a stat point into it to see if it'd go higher...it didnt go higher(cuz thats max), and I lost a stat point anyway, LOL. Terrible game programming. How the heck does something like that not get discovered during bug testing?

And finally, what are we supposed to be doing during endurance laps? I understand that we use our hands to touch the positive energy icons(or negative if unlucky!), but occasionally there's something off to the side of our swimmer, it says something like "optimal time". Are we supposed to do anything with that, like try to touch it?

Edited by WereTh3Massacre

• 5 months later...

from what i under stand, the game starts you out on the "gold" level which is easy difficulty. it says that the turn is automatic when on gold difficulty. im not sure which level is the manual turn. im still on the end of season 1. i am also having difficulty with my kinect lagging my movement. its delaying really bad. my room might be to dark or im to far away, or both.