100,000 kills? here is the best method!

Hahaha, oh well keep it up. I'm glad when I have the cheevo with my time-stamp. No need to rush. Well that's when you go above the achievement and try to be the first one in the world or wherever. Let me know when ya done will ya. ;)

got it! 11th person of the world on TA and 1st european... :-)

my old video's back...but now don't worry about time;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOoSJGeUkM]Dead Rising 2 - Zombie Genocide Master Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

i'm not yet to get it in this episode

keep it last thing to do after got all gold challenge

ps. now i think about if use only super BFG in silverstrip spawn will be faster?

Edited by hayabusaDGO

• 3 weeks later...

I have been doing this method and I am currently at around 78,000 kills. I boosted from 12,000 yesterday at 4 and got to 78,000 at 10. So, I averaged about 11,000 an hour (and I made sure I saved AT LEAST every 10,000 kills, just in case something happened where the game froze or I mistakenly died).

So I would assume, you if you are starting at 0 kills, you will need to boost for AT LEAST 9 hours. I was getting about 450 kills per challenge (sometimes more, sometimes less). I highly doubt that anyone will be able to get the achievement must faster than that.

Also, try to use the full ninja costume. While boosting yesterday, I didn't take ANY damage during the six hours I played, and I can thank the costume for that.

Extreme Offroad challenge IS NOT available from the beginning, OP!

Edit: LOL, plus you need to remain in a certain area or else the challenge will get cancelled.

The method for the 72,000 in DR2 is still the best method. Period.

I'm using bike magazine and Slicecycle and I'm getting over 600 kills every time I do that challenge. That's 600-670 kills every 2 minutes. Let's say an average of 625 per challenge. To get 100,000 kills (ignoring the number you need to activate the challenge, you'd need to do the challenge 160 times. 160 x 2 minutes = 320 minutes / 60 minutes = 5.3 hours.

My math might be wrong and that doesn't include loading times/combining weapons, but it took around that long to get 72,000 kills in the other DR2, so this seems to be a faster method.

I'm using bike magazine and Slicecycle and I'm getting over 600 kills every time I do that challenge. That's 600-670 kills every 2 minutes. Let's say an average of 625 per challenge. To get 100,000 kills (ignoring the number you need to activate the challenge, you'd need to do the challenge 160 times. 160 x 2 minutes = 320 minutes / 60 minutes = 5.3 hours.

My math might be wrong and that doesn't include loading times/combining weapons, but it took around that long to get 72,000 kills in the other DR2, so this seems to be a faster method.

I disagree. You aren't taking into account the amount of time it takes to actually make the Slicycle. Granted, it doesn't take that long to make, but it's a lot easier to just start the challenge and run to the SUV (which gives you approximately 1 minute and 50 seconds of killing time, resulting in about 450-500. Considering you'd have to make a new Slicycle every 2 or 3 challenges completed, the SUV and repeating the challenge is definitely the quickest route.

I disagree. You aren't taking into account the amount of time it takes to actually make the Slicycle. Granted, it doesn't take that long to make, but it's a lot easier to just start the challenge and run to the SUV (which gives you approximately 1 minute and 50 seconds of killing time, resulting in about 450-500. Considering you'd have to make a new Slicycle every 2 or 3 challenges completed, the SUV and repeating the challenge is definitely the quickest route.

I don't know about you, but I don't have to make a new slicecycle every 2-3 challenges. I don't know what you're doing, but that magazine is making them last much longer than that for me. There are 2 dirt bikes and 2 chainsaws, so you can make 2 without having to zone change. If you want to slowly push zombies out of the way with the SUV like in DR2, be my guest. I was just throwing the info I tested out there.

- Making 2 Slicycles would waste even more time since the other motorbike is on the other side of the strip.

I'm not discrediting your method, as you'll be spending at least 9 hours doing either method, but I do think the SUV is the quickest route. For one, it has a wider base...and while that means you'll be pushing the zombies you hit on the edges of the SUV, you'll kill everything you hit towards the middle. Secondly, it's much easier to control and you'll never fall off. Most people drive the Slicycle erratically and end up hitting something small that knocks them off of the bike. You'll destroy everything in your path with the SUV. Third, much quicker load time as you won't have to ever make a new SUV because it respawns.

I just tested this for 10 minutes with the SUV and 10 minutes with the Slicycle (Slicycle died during the 4th challenge...WITH magazine):

Doing the math, assuming you get around 500 kills with the SUV every time you do the challenge (which is easy if you know a good path and don't hit anything to slow you down too much), you can get 11,000-12,000 kills every REAL hour (I'm using 2.5 minutes for the base time...since the challenge is 2 minutes and it takes some time to start it back up and load). With the Slicycle, getting around 600 every challenge, you can do approximately 3-4 challenges before remaking one WITH the magazine (and you don't want to risk doing more than that if you don't want to waste time). That would equal approximately 10,000-11,000 kills per REAL hour.

Each method works, but in the long run, the SUV is definitely the best route as you don't waste any time making Slicycles.

People under-estimate the power of the SUV, I think because the Slicycle gives you PP for each kill, making it seem like you're doing more damage. As long as you don't waste time with the SUV, and you kill most of the zombies around the Yucatan, you'll do fine. Either way, you are looking at AT LEAST 8 hours, but probably more like 9-10.

I stuck with the SUV for DR2, but thanks to that challenge, the slicecycles are definitely faster, at least for me. As for the 2nd dirtbike, I just go there when my bike is almost destroyed. Of course, my high score is 754 on that challenge with slicecycle, so I'll agree with you that the SUV is the faster method for certain people while the cycle is faster for other people.

Oh and it took me less than 7 hours to get the 100k.

Edited by Morbious17

Nice method, grinding for kills and cash. Here is a variation some might like, if you've also unlocked the Tunnel of Blood challenge. It adds some variety and can earn you more money.

1. Get the driving magazine

2. Do the Extreme Offroad challenge using the SUV. Gold gets you $40,000

3. Take the SUV underground and do the Tunnel of Blood challenge. Gold gets you $80,000.

4. At this point, I leave the tunnels and make a run around the strip DR2 style (optional)

5. Return to the top and restart Extreme Offroad.

Tunnel of Blood is difficult to gold in the SUV if you mainly use the outer tunnels due to sparsity of zombies. If you enter from the Food Court to arrive at the challenge star, start out by going straight (left fork). Turn right when you hit the outer tunnel, then take the first opening on the right back into the interior tunnel (between two side ramps). Proceed straight past the starting intersection. When you get to the outer tunnel, just go around hitting the biggest groups. You should get about 525 and gold each time using this method.

Edited by ArrowsmithAK47

• 5 years later...